1upD's mod

1upD

Yeah, believe it or not, I never got around to skinning that last model...I really need experience at that..Im gonna go look at a tut online...no to ask a dumb question, but how do I uv map him?
Bow to me, as a slave does before his master, or a peasant before his king.  For, you shall soon be as such to me.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, believe it or not, I never got around to skinning that last model...I really need experience at that..Im gonna go look at a tut online...no to ask a dumb question, but how do I uv map him?

Sadly, I have no clue. I'm not really a modeler...All I know is that in the end you'll have a wireframe skin of him that I could turn into a skin.

EDIT: BTW, did you try out the new Samus?

"I feel fantastic and I'm

Still Alive

and when you're dying I will be

Still Alive

and when you're dead I will be

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Anybody who thinks Palpatine is a sepratist knows NOTHING about star Wars

When in doubt- rocket it.

Dowload The Underworld's Might beta from Filefront!

I just figured out how to uv map him...its only in sections though, right now, like the head, kneecaps, etc...

Here is the head... i have not had time to test new samus...soryy

Edited by Lavarider
Bow to me, as a slave does before his master, or a peasant before his king.  For, you shall soon be as such to me.

I just figured out how to uv map him...its only in sections though, right now, like the head, kneecaps, etc...

Crap! I hate skinning like that. Oh well. Could you send me the UVs?

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Im joining all the sections into one big map now, hold on

Here...Its a little jumbled, sorry..Ill get it better, but for now, sections, from the top left and going down...

Head

Body Core (neck and perhaps destroyable reactor if it goes into UAW too)

Main Body

Foot

Now from top right, going down

Foot joint

Kneecap

Leg

The tendrils that run down from the main body

Edited by Lavarider

Im joining all the sections into one big map now, hold on

I'm not sure if that will rewrap around the model right, but ok.

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Oh, I didnt know...ok, Ill post a rar with each seperate section in a second

Here, this will do (hopefully)

Edited by Lavarider

Oh, I didnt know...ok, Ill post a rar with each seperate section in a second

Here, this will do (hopefully)

WHOA! When you said it was divided into sections, I thought you meant 3 or 4, not 12! I can probably skin it(Starting with the easy parts) but in some cases it's hard to tell what the UV is of. For instance, what is "main body leg joint.bmp"? The head, which I am about to skin, appears to be more of a screenshot of the head wireframe from the side than a UV. But I'll skin it anyways!

EDIT: Oh my, we're both online!

EDIT2:I didn't even notice your last few posts somehow... :o How silly of me ::)

Before I continue, will you be able to re-UV the combined map onto the model?

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

What do you mean by re-uv the combined map?  The head is a 3ds max UV map, that's what it gave me...I think its cause the head is perfectly symmetrical, so you only do half of it...sorry about all the sections, I have to keep them separate so I can animate the model.

What do you mean by re-uv the combined map?  The head is a 3ds max UV map, that's what it gave me...I think its cause the head is perfectly symmetrical, so you only do half of it...sorry about all the sections, I have to keep them separate so I can animate the model.

Be 'Re-UV', I mean reapply the skin to the model. I stopped working on Quadraxis and started on Rundas because I thought you were gone.

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

well, here is an entire combined 3ds map of quadraxis...

Im still learning the whole UVW unwrap thingamajig....

well, here is an entire combined 3ds map of quadraxis...

Im still learning the whole UVW unwrap thingamajig....

It looks more like a screenshot than a skin... I'll work on it tommorow.

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

"It looks more like a screenshot than a skin..."

Yeah, I know...But this is what texporter and max gave me, so it must be the base for a skin...perhaps a template?

"It looks more like a screenshot than a skin..."

Yeah, I know...But this is what texporter and max gave me, so it must be the base for a skin...perhaps a template?

I know it's a template, that's what UVs are. It just looks like it won't wrap around the model properly. I'm probably wrong. I'll try to work on it today.

EDIT: I tried skinning the UV. Well, it didn't turn out so good, but could you put it on the model to see if it works ok?

Edited by 1upD

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Wow, you know what?  That skin may seem a bit crude but in game and in the alo viewer it actually looks way better than you think it would...the skin worked perfectly-a perfect wrap around the model...Now he has red eyes to scare everyone with!! I have him in game right now (literally, I have FOC minimized so I can type this), he's an absolute beast-a gargantuan turbo laser and laser cannon on each leg, and two antimatter missile (proton torpedo) launchers on his head...combine that with his heavy armor and shields...I think you have to orbital bombard him to even start harming him...

Wow, you know what?  That skin may seem a bit crude but in game and in the alo viewer it actually looks way better than you think it would...the skin worked perfectly-a perfect wrap around the model...Now he has red eyes to scare everyone with!! I have him in game right now (literally, I have FOC minimized so I can type this), he's an absolute beast-a gargantuan turbo laser and laser cannon on each leg, and two antimatter missile (proton torpedo) launchers on his head...combine that with his heavy armor and shields...I think you have to orbital bombard him to even start harming him...

LOL, sweet! Screenies, please?

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Your wish is my command..

*waves wand*...poof!

Edit: Sorry it took so long to reply, this forum is giving me issues...

Your wish is my command..

*waves wand*...poof!

Edit: Sorry it took so long to reply, this forum is giving me issues...

LOL, the forum was giving me trouble too!

How did my purple turn so pink!? It was supposed to be 'ing tainted purple', not 'power puff pink'!

"It's not pink! It's lightish red!"~Donut

I'll try to fix that. Also, just out of curiosity, how does the head separation work?

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Well, for one thing, your purple turned pinkish cause it was in the light...Head separation...I must say I don't exactly know what you mean, but if you are asking how the head is separate from the rest of the model, it this.  The model MasterZoda gave me is designed for animation.  Therefore, each disparate piece of the model, like foreleg, head, foot, are actually separate from each other, in order to allow for moving each of them for animation.

Edit:  See, your purple looks like this in shadow...

Well, for one thing, your purple turned pinkish cause it was in the light...Head separation...I must say I don't exactly know what you mean, but if you are asking how the head is separate from the rest of the model, it this.  The model MasterZoda gave me is designed for animation.  Therefore, each disparate piece of the model, like foreleg, head, foot, are actually separate from each other, in order to allow for moving each of them for animation.

Ah...

I'm talking about ingame. There's an animation of the head flying away in one of your screenies. Would Quadraxis just turn into a turret, with the head flying around in circles, or would you make the floating head a separate model and have the head a separate unit when you destroy Quadraxis body?

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

UUUmmm....there is no animation of the head flying....

FOC does not have any code for a "rebirth mechanism"...I don't know if I can make his head survive his death...As is now, if you can actually crack every hardpoint (good freaking luck) he collapses to the ground with a moan (i took the animation and sound effects from the UAW habitat walker) and dies.

UUUmmm....there is no animation of the head flying....

FOC does not have any code for a "rebirth mechanism"...I don't know if I can make his head survive his death...As is now, if you can actually crack every hardpoint (good freaking luck) he collapses to the ground with a moan (i took the animation and sound effects from the UAW habitat walker) and dies.

Yes, there is a code for a rebirth mechanisim. The scout trooper and Skiff uses it. You can have one unit spawn another when it dies. It's lots of fun, I remember when I made Rebel pilots come out of snowspeeders when they blow up.

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Really!?! well then, allow me to ask you..

1) should I allow quadraxis' head to live after his body's death.

2) Should his body's destruction count as his death on the galactic map?

3) Should his head fight, or be doomed to short range turret duty?

4) Should the head's weapons change to a weaker set (i.e. no torpedo launchers) once it is alone?

Edit: 5) how fragile should the head be (i.e. shields and armor)

Really!?! well then, allow me to ask you..

1) should I allow quadraxis' head to live after his body's death.

2) Should his body's destruction count as his death on the galactic map?

3) Should his head fight, or be doomed to short range turret duty?

4) Should the head's weapons change to a weaker set (i.e. no torpedo launchers) once it is alone?

Edit: 5) how fragile should the head be (i.e. shields and armor)

1)Yes, that's how it worked in the game.

2)I'm sorry, but I think it always does...I was never able to control that.

3)Yes, it should fight.

4)No, the head's only purpose will be to avenge it's body and possibly win the battle, since once the body dies Quadraxis dies from the galactic map.

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS