1upD's mod

1upD

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/2000067174645735152_rs.jpg

i'll do some more brainstorming.

could a defiler look at all like a pirate commando/commander?

pirate commander needs to be made.

are you going to have classes of pirates such as pirate militia as weakest, then soldiers, and so on?

Meh, infantry are easy. I want to focus on Vehicles, first. I already have a Pirate Commando model. Originally I had the pirates replacing Black Sun, and the PLEX troopers looked like Commandoes from MP2E. However, I believe there was a varient of armored pirate in MP3C that looked like a green defiler, good eye. I'll have to check that once I get MP3C back.

you could maybe make a GF slave unit maddened by phazon to fight for the pirates?

Yeah, that was one of the original idea.s I think I'll have Dark Troopers(MP2E, not Dark Forces) along with some Ing units, but right now I'm focusing on making the Space Pirates NOT look like a cheezy rewrite of Zann. It's going pretty well. I'm working on the Crawltank and Jolly Roger vehicles right now. They work pretty well, it's just that I'm not sure whether to replace the AT-AA traits in the crawltank with Canderous tank stats, and also the Jolly Roger is partially in the ground because I used the Virago model with the Scout Trooper base code. Do not want. I think I'll work on the Berserkers next, but I want some vehicles to build from the vehicle factory. Right now the only things the vehicle factory can build is the MAL, the F-9Tzwhatever, and the Pulse Cannon. I tried replacing the F-9whatever with the ATC, but that glitched up my FoC. I think I'll replace the MAL with a Space Pirate skiff (from MP2E). Should I use the Weequay, Chewbacca, or a stormtrooper? Maybe I should just completely replace the vehicle factory with a grounded Leviathon...What do you guys think?

vornskrs as warp hounds??

Brilliant!

Weren't they only on Bryyo though? I guess they were corrupted by Phazon, so that would work. The only problem is that there is no way to teleport, without completely rewriting all the map data.

Edited by 1upD

"I feel fantastic and I'm

Still Alive

and when you're dying I will be

Still Alive

and when you're dead I will be

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Anybody who thinks Palpatine is a sepratist knows NOTHING about star Wars

When in doubt- rocket it.

Dowload The Underworld's Might beta from Filefront!

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes. an advanced armoured pirate, i think. appears after destroying the wall in bryyo's jungle.

I'll have to look into that.

use a pirate sikiff for a space pirate skiff.

Yeah, that would be good. But I'm not sure if I want to keep the vehicle factory at all. Wouldn't it be better just to get the phazon special units from a grounded Leviathon?

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

i don't think there are any units or props which look anything like a leviathan, though.

you could map one using textures, but that can't be a structure, i don'tthink.

a P3 dark torrper mega-resized and reskinned could be a reptilicus war golem, such as that seen in bryyo leviathan.

i don't think there are any units or props which look anything like a leviathan, though.

you could map one using textures, but that can't be a structure, i don'tthink.

a P3 dark torrper mega-resized and reskinned could be a reptilicus war golem, such as that seen in bryyo leviathan.

Yes there are. The Geonosian hives look almost identical to the grounded Leviathons.

You're right, but I've already overused the DTP3 model.

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

in that case, a rancor would make a good mogenar if it wasn't for the tail. however, there were many different models, so some may have had a tail, and it's not said anywhere that only one mogenar was corrupted.

the heads are near-identical IIRC.

in that case, a rancor would make a good mogenar if it wasn't for the tail.

the heads are near-identical IIRC.

I overused the rancor as well. ^^ Aren't Berserkers and Omega Kraid good enough?

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Besides, don't know if you'd be able to make it use those weapons without some serious rerigging.

Yeah. With the Rancor model it could probably just melee, but I'm using that for Kraid and the Berserkers.

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

berserkers either shot phazon balls at you, which would be a diffiult particle to make, with the trajectory and all, bathed you in phazon (or was that just lord?) or went melee on you.

got an idea for a structure strengthening upgrade, phazite plating. increase the strength of structures.

if you need a metroid database, try wikitroid.

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

berserkers either shot phazon balls at you, which would be a diffiult particle to make, with the trajectory and all, bathed you in phazon (or was that just lord?) or went melee on you.

got an idea for a structure strengthening upgrade, phazite plating. increase the strength of structures.

if you need a metroid database, try wikitroid.

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

The phazite plating would be great it multiplayer.

And I know about wikitroid. It's a great site, although some information on it is misleading. I got most of my icons there.

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

well, it helps with pictures and names.

a tip:

if you create pirate homeworld, name it Urtrag. the native shriekbat is called the urtragian shriekbat, suggesting either urtragia or urtrag. urtrag sounds more space piratey to me.

btw, the green phazite armour pirate is the advanced pirate trooper.

Edited by vadereclipse

Ya know, if you are short on models try searching online...:o :o :o..What a concept.. :P

I got a lot of my mod's models simply from random sites, you can find almost anything.  While metroid models are rare....I HAVE QUADRAXIS IF HE HELPS!!!  Hehe.

Bow to me, as a slave does before his master, or a peasant before his king.  For, you shall soon be as such to me.

well, it helps with pictures and names.

a tip:

if you create pirate homeworld, name it Urtrag. the native shriekbat is called the urtragian shriekbat, suggesting either urtragia or urtrag. urtrag sounds more space piratey to me.

btw, the green phazite armour pirate is the advanced pirate trooper.

I call it Utragia... Utrag does sound more like the space pirates, though.

Ya know, if you are short on models try searching online...  ..What a concept..

I got a lot of my mod's models simply from random sites, you can find almost anything.  While metroid models are rare....I HAVE QUADRAXIS IF HE HELPS!!!  Hehe.

I don't have max! ALO models are rare. There's simply not going to be some metroid stuff lying around in .alo format just for me to use. Unless you could help...

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Yeah, yeah, get me the max models....Il convert em for you....  ::)

Wait...You WILL?

Freaking awesome! Why didn't you say you could earlier?

For my first release, I think I'll stick with as many reskins as possible. After that I might get multiple modelers to help, which will make things easier.

personally, i'd like to see a war golem, and some space pirate space units made.

The Mogenar isn't really that important, but I'm really stuck on Space Pirate ships.

I'll go look for some models...

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

well, you briefly see a space pirate frigate in MP1 and 2, both seriously damaged.

in MP3, you extensively see space pirate capital ships and weaponary. i noticed a proton beam-like weapon destroy a ship at the start.

the MP3 one looks like a cap ship in weaponary, damaging the armada.

the problem is getting a shape for the MP1 and 2 frigate, as in MP1, it's a damaged and twisted hunk of metal.

in MP2, it's seen incredibly briefly with the GFS Tyr chasing it, damaged, but intact.

look for space pirate fighters.

well, you briefly see a space pirate frigate in MP1 and 2, both seriously damaged.

Actually, the one in MP2 is only minorly damaged. It looks exactly like Ridley's mothership in Metroid:Zero Mission. I already added it as a space unit, it's a wimpy reskin of the Mon Calamari cruiser.

in MP3, you extensively see space pirate capital ships and weaponary. i noticed a proton beam-like weapon destroy a ship at the start.

the MP3 one looks like a cap ship in weaponary, damaging the armada.

It's similar to the Aggressor which I will probably use, but it's really more organic looking.

the problem is getting a shape for the MP1 and 2 frigate, as in MP1, it's a damaged and twisted hunk of metal.

in MP2, it's seen incredibly briefly with the GFS Tyr chasing it, damaged, but intact.

I've seen the Pirate frigates, they are smaller grey versions of the mothership.

look for space pirate fighters.

One type of fighter looks sort of fish/tadpole like, with a round cockpit and a tail for steering. The other is a two pronged fighter that is seen for about 1 second in MP3C. I'll have to watch a video and pause it at just the right moment...

There's also the boarding ships, which look sort of like mini-leviathons. That will be hard to make...

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Wait...You WILL?

Freaking awesome! Why didn't you say you could earlier?

For my first release, I think I'll stick with as many reskins as possible. After that I might get multiple modelers to help, which will make things easier.

The Mogenar isn't really that important, but I'm really stuck on Space Pirate ships.

I'll go look for some models...

I thought I told you like 10 pages back I would do that for you anytime...Jeez....

If you make a Metroid mod and I dont see Quadraxis, I will personally come to your house and pee on your lawn....that is all ;D

Bow to me, as a slave does before his master, or a peasant before his king.  For, you shall soon be as such to me.

Oh NOES! My Beewtiful Lawn!

any other unit ideas?

i say pirate heroes should be kraid, quadraxis (as Dark Samus's pirates) Dark Samus, pirate commander (red phazite armour one) the collossus (unsure of appearance)ridley (if possible) Ghor as on foot IG-88 reskin, Berserker knight, and perhaps a few more.

i say pirate heroes should be kraid, quadraxis (as Dark Samus's pirates) Dark Samus, pirate commander (red phazite armour one) the collossus (unsure of appearance)ridley (if possible) Ghor as on foot IG-88 reskin, Berserker knight, and perhaps a few more.

Hmm... I never thought of some of those... Pirate Commander should be more like a generic hero unit, maybe that comes with the commandoes. Ridley, sadly, is not possible. You mean Berserker Lord? Berserker Knights will be standard units. Kraid is in. He's a bit glitchy, but he's in.

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

lords are knights with model differences, though.

it's sadly not possible to really distinguish probably. with a proper model, you could, but not currently, i don't think. the lord had 2 energy balls on its shoulders, and a large phazite-like spike out of its back, whereas a knight didn't.