1upD's mod

1upD

Nice Job so far!!!  Yeah, I ran into a bit of a knot thats gonna push my release back...so whatever.... ::)

Anyhoo, the Starvipers are not flying cause you gave them ground coding.  If you are trying to get them to "hover" above the ground (like a t2-b tank), you will have to redo the model to position the ground's placement below said model's root bone.  I can do it if you want....or just remake the model to look just like a sentry drone....but whatever you want.  I am working on Ridley for you now.

UPDATE!!!!  Hey all...I found the bug in my mod (Lucrehulk MKII model) and am back on track.  I found that I can compress the file down to 100 megs, so it wont be a horrific dowmload....I will be releasing an alpha on Friday, exclusive to these forums, so get it when you want!!

Note:  This alpha is only a test...UNSC, Vong, and Covenant will only be marginally operational, and most units will lack animations....but other than that....Itll be what you get in the final!

Edited by Lavarider
Bow to me, as a slave does before his master, or a peasant before his king.  For, you shall soon be as such to me.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyhoo, the Starvipers are not flying cause you gave them ground coding.  If you are trying to get them to "hover" above the ground (like a t2-b tank), you will have to redo the model to position the ground's placement below said model's root bone.  I can do it if you want....or just remake the model to look just like a sentry drone....but whatever you want.  I am working on Ridley for you now.

Yeah, I figured that out. ::) I think I'll just code them like the Snowspeeder. You'd really remake the model to make it look like a drone!? Thanks. But I'll have to pass, because I think I'll wait to ask you until I need a really important model. The crawltanks and jollyrogers(Sentry Drones) aren't that important, they're mainly there for balance.

UPDATE!!!!  Hey all...I found the bug in my mod (Lucrehulk MKII model) and am back on track.  I found that I can compress the file down to 100 megs, so it wont be a horrific dowmload....I will be releasing an alpha on Friday, exclusive to these forums, so get it when you want!!

Great! Is Ridley included with it? I really should have helped more with Quadraxis, I don't think I finished the textures...

Note:  This alpha is only a test...UNSC, Vong, and Covenant will only be marginally operational, and most units will lack animations....but other than that....Itll be what you get in the final!

I know what you mean. My CIS was never beyond 'marginally operational'. That's why I chose to ovverride the Consortium with my new mod.

"I feel fantastic and I'm

Still Alive

and when you're dying I will be

Still Alive

and when you're dead I will be

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Anybody who thinks Palpatine is a sepratist knows NOTHING about star Wars

When in doubt- rocket it.

Dowload The Underworld's Might beta from Filefront!

Im actually doing my best to make them all fully operational.  The only current issue is a lack of fully coded ground forces (damn animations)....But I will release what I have on Friday, here exclusively, and hopefully you guys can assess the pros and cons for it so I can have a well made beta....And no, Ridley is NOT in my mod.
Bow to me, as a slave does before his master, or a peasant before his king.  For, you shall soon be as such to me.

Im actually doing my best to make them all fully operational.  The only current issue is a lack of fully coded ground forces (damn animations)....But I will release what I have on Friday, here exclusively, and hopefully you guys can assess the pros and cons for it so I can have a well made beta....And no, Ridley is NOT in my mod.

Ok. Yay testing!

Ohhhh...Couldn't you at least put Ridley's files in the mod, or would that take too much space?

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Ill see what I can do...compressed, ridley's files are 150k.....dont think that will be an issue... :P

Thanks!

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

This was just a test, but it ended up so good I had to show it to you guys:

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/1249/zerosuitsamuskg5.png

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Woot!  No suit Samus!

Ive got one too.....not AS cool but....Introducing, the first ever model of....The Unyielding Hierophant!

You mean an amalgam of two purple blobs, a steering wheel and a pair of CCS battlecruisers. It's supposed to look like "two squids kissing"...not like...a blob thing. It could use better textures, and the ring needs to be uh...how do I put it...Smoothed. And textured.

Maybe my standards are just high now though after seeing ultra-high poly stuff in FS2...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"

Woot!  No suit Samus!

Ive got one too.....not AS cool but....Introducing, the first ever model of....The Unyielding Hierophant!

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9965/hierophantjg6.th.jpg

...I really need to play Halo 2 and 3 one of these days so I know what it is you're showing me....

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

You mean an amalgam of two purple blobs, a steering wheel and a pair of CCS battlecruisers. It's supposed to look like "two squids kissing"...not like...a blob thing. It could use better textures, and the ring needs to be uh...how do I put it...Smoothed. And textured.

Maybe my standards are just high now though after seeing ultra-high poly stuff in FS2...

Ahem....From wikipedia....

"The Unyielding Hierophant is shaped like an eight, with two tear-drop shaped bulbous sections connected at the centre, each 15 kilometers (9.3 miles) long which makes it 30 kilometers (18.6 miles) total. A rotating ring is connected to the central hub, and is used by Covenant cruisers and carriers to dock with the space station. "

That ring IS textured, to look like mure metal, nothing more.  I dont want high poly models, Im trying to keep the size and system reqs of my mod at a miniumum. 

If you want two squids kissing (pervert :P) you can make that yourself.

Oh, and 1upd,  it doesnt appear in any of the games.  As a matter of fact, there are no pictures of this craft in existence.  This is all from my imagination.

That ring IS textured, to look like mure metal, nothing more.

Mure, a combination of more and pure.

Oh, and 1upd,  it doesnt appear in any of the games.  As a matter of fact, there are no pictures of this craft in existence.  This is all from my imagination.

Ah. I'd assume it's from First Strike or Ghosts of Onyx, then?

Edited by 1upD

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

actually lava, upon searching it on google, a quote from sgt. johnson on halopedia (yes, a halo wiki) said it looked like 2 squids kissing.

Yeah, that's where I got the squid thing from.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"

I know that description, but I preferred to use the more technical one... But its always easier to make a concept if you actually know for sure what the object you are modeling looks like.

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

A bacta tank...So?

Umm...

That's not really the focus of the picture. Though it does play an interesting role...

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

my bad...sorry.  Whats the focus, the reskinned fett?

...What reskinned Fett?

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

IF YOU MOVE THE PIC RIGHT, YOU'LL SEE DS, AND A BESERKER KNIGHT.

* SIGH *

Yes, but I've already showed you those things.

Will anybody ever get it right?

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

well, it's got to be the pirates.

Ok, ok.

Just look at the screenshot. Look at it. What do you see that shouldn't be there?

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS