1upD's mod

1upD

Just for people who were directed here about the Metroid mod, the first few pages of this thread were about my original mod, The Underworld's Might, but it changed topics to the Metroid Mod after a while.

DOUBLE UPDATE: The file is up to stay. I hope...

http://files.filefront.com/TUM+Unfinishedrar/;10909285;/fileinfo.html

As many of you know, I can no longer play FoC.  :'( Because of this, I have decided to release my unfinished mod.

I'm not sure if it will even run. I cannot fix any bugs you might encounter, because FoC does not work for me. IF YOU WANT TO USE PART OF IT, EMAIL ME at 1upDerek@gmail.com.

Tell me if it still works!

BTW, there is an unfinished campaign included in the mod. I think I am the very first EaW/FoC modder to ever have accomplished this, and I hope it will inspire other modders in the future.

Sincerely,

1upD's Ghost

EDIT: I accidentally deleted TUM due to a mistake(I thought there was a fatal error, there wasn't)

Anywyas, I'm going to include some tweaks and updates in the next version, I'd like everyone who downloaded it to get the updates in the next version.

Edited by 1upD

"I feel fantastic and I'm

Still Alive

and when you're dying I will be

Still Alive

and when you're dead I will be

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Anybody who thinks Palpatine is a sepratist knows NOTHING about star Wars

When in doubt- rocket it.

Dowload The Underworld's Might beta from Filefront!

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TUM was cool. Too bad you can't play FoC anymore :(

I might debug it...someday...if I ever have the willpower to do so.

Yeah, it sucks. I don't even really know why I can't. I kind of doubt it was GM now.

Really? Awesome. Heh, I know what you mean. Debugging is so annoying sometimes. I think when more people see it they will be able to salvage things from it, and eventually pieces of my work will end up in tons of different mods. Of course, if you want to do salvage, you'll have to ask first! Not all of the content in TUM was mine.

Did you try the story mode yet?

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Hey 1upD?  Why cant you play FOC anymore?

Edit:Oops...saw droids post...you dont really know why :-\  But tell me what is going on.  My job is a computer technician, and I think i might be able to help!  We modders have to stick together, you know! ;D

Bow to me, as a slave does before his master, or a peasant before his king.  For, you shall soon be as such to me.

Alright, for a while I've been wishing someone would add Samus and her gunship, i thought the best chance might be the halo mod as an easter egg. i was going through your mod, and i noticed she has a xml file and textures, but what about the model?

EDIT- I'm guessing shes a reskin of boba, so i guess if i hex it, it would work?

EDIT2- Ok, I tried it, and at first it was mostly green, with a red helmet and mostly red legs, but it looks great with orange team colors

Edited by Shadin

Alright, for a while I've been wishing someone would add Samus and her gunship, i thought the best chance might be the halo mod as an easter egg. i was going through your mod, and i noticed she has a xml file and textures, but what about the model?

EDIT- I'm guessing shes a reskin of boba, so i guess if i hex it, it would work?

EDIT2- Ok, I tried it, and at first it was mostly green, with a red helmet and mostly red legs, but it looks great with orange team colors

Heh, didn't I finish that egg? I guess not. I know there's a model somewhere. I LOVE METROID! Anyways, she's a reskin of the Dark Trooper P3, and it's PERFECT! It looks just like her! There might be a Dark Samus, too.

Hey 1upD?  Why cant you play FOC anymore?

Edit:Oops...saw droids post...you dont really know why  But tell me what is going on.  My job is a computer technician, and I think i might be able to help!  We modders have to stick together, you know!

Whenever I start FoC, it restarts my computer. I can tell you more later, but I g2g. Thanks

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Ok...so-you'll tell me more later but, just to see if I have this straight....when the computer starts the game, it just crashes, then restarts?  You know, one second, perfect operation, and next second...BAM!! Bios boot screen?  Or does the game say...flicker different colors for a second, then restart the machine?  Also....does the computer also do this with EAW?  How about any other games like CNC3?
Bow to me, as a slave does before his master, or a peasant before his king.  For, you shall soon be as such to me.

Ok...so-you'll tell me more later but, just to see if I have this straight....when the computer starts the game, it just crashes, then restarts?  You know, one second, perfect operation, and next second...BAM!! Bios boot screen?  Or does the game say...flicker different colors for a second, then restart the machine?  Also....does the computer also do this with EAW?  How about any other games like CNC3?

EXACTLY the first one! No, it never looks high. I...I don't have CN3. 0_o

Well, time to try on a darktrooper..but it does look right on boba somehow

It will look absolutely perfect on a DarkTrooper phase 3. That's probably because most of the skins in EaW/FoC have the same basic outline, with the head in the upper left, the torso next to it, etc.

EDIT: I believe I have the same error Logan Felipe had...

Edited by 1upD

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Ok...Here's what I think you should try.  A spontaneous crash in a game is related to either 1) A corrupted game install, 2) Damaged mods, 3) A damaged registry key, 4) Bad RAM, or 5) Dying power supply. (Listed In order of likelihood) First, Uninstall Empire At war AND FOC.  Do not keep user settings, profiles, etc, and once the game is uninstalled, visit the EAW and FOC directories on your HDD (i.e. C://Program Files/Lucasarts) and delete the directories as well.  In other words, anything EAW or FOC has to go, although you can back up your mods in a desktop folder if you wish. 

Now, find install the latest Directx;

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.aspx?na=22&p=1&SrcDisplayLang=en&SrcCategoryId=2&SrcFamilyId=&u=%2fdownloads%2fdetails.aspx%3fFamilyID%3d2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3%26DisplayLang%3den

And download and install your Video card's latest drivers.  This will help in rectifying any DLL errors that may have formed over the crashes.

Next, install and run CCleaner

http://www.filehippo.com/download/8df12f83ade22f96ae7abc5a72af046d/download/[/color]

Use the settings in the attached screenshots for both the Temp file cleaner and the Registry cleaner(IMPORTANT!!)  Once your registry is wiped, restart your PC.  Start up your computer and reinstall EAW.  Instead of letting FOC patch EAW, download the patch yourself.  DO NOT INSTALL ANY MODS YET!!!  Once the patch is in place, Install FOC, then patch it.  Now, test FOC, without installing Mods or maps.  Did it work?  If not, do this:

1. Click Start

2. Select Control Panel

3. Select System

4. Click the Advanced tab

5. In the Performance region select Settings

6. Click the Data Execute tab in the dialog box that opens

7. Select Turn on DEP for all programs and services except for those you select

8. Click Add.

9. The open dialog box will open. Browse and select FOC and EAW.

10. Click Open

11. Click Apply

12. Click Ok

13. Reboot

Now try FOC again.  If it STILL fails, and EAW fails as well, you may have a hardware problem.  Download Memtest ISO

http://www.memtest86.com/memtest86-3.4a.iso.zip

and burn it to a cd using magiciso (download a trial version)

Boot to the Disk and let memtest search for memory errors.  If there are none, and your PC actually survived the memtest w/o crashing, your windows is jacked up and can't run FOC, which means i cant help you.  Lets hope it never comes to this though...;-P

P.S.  One more thing.  If nothing else works, Microsoft just released a Beta version of Service pack 3 for windows XP, or SP! for Vista, if thats what you're using. Download them from either

XP:  http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/windows-xp-service-pack-3.html

Vista: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.aspx?na=22&p=2&SrcDisplayLang=en&SrcCategoryId=7&SrcFamilyId=&u=%2fdownloads%2fdetails.aspx%3fFamilyID%3db0c7136d-5ebb-413b-89c9-cb3d06d12674%26DisplayLang%3den

Then install...They might patch your windows install to the point where it can support the game.

Thats all I have for today!! Good luck, and please, keep me posted!!

Ok...Here's what I think you should try.  A spontaneous crash in a game is related to either 1) A corrupted game install, 2) Damaged mods, 3) A damaged registry key, 4) Bad RAM, or 5) Dying power supply. (Listed In order of likelihood) First, Uninstall Empire At war AND FOC.  Do not keep user settings, profiles, etc, and once the game is uninstalled, visit the EAW and FOC directories on your HDD (i.e. C://Program Files/Lucasarts) and delete the directories as well.  In other words, anything EAW or FOC has to go, although you can back up your mods in a desktop folder if you wish. 

Now, find install the latest Directx;

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.aspx?na=22&p=1&SrcDisplayLang=en&SrcCategoryId=2&SrcFamilyId=&u=%2fdownloads%2fdetails.aspx%3fFamilyID%3d2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3%26DisplayLang%3den

And download and install your Video card's latest drivers.  This will help in rectifying any DLL errors that may have formed over the crashes.

Next, install and run CCleaner

http://www.filehippo.com/download/8df12f83ade22f96ae7abc5a72af046d/download/[/color]

Use the settings in the attached screenshots for both the Temp file cleaner and the Registry cleaner(IMPORTANT!!)  Once your registry is wiped, restart your PC.  Start up your computer and reinstall EAW.  Instead of letting FOC patch EAW, download the patch yourself.  DO NOT INSTALL ANY MODS YET!!!  Once the patch is in place, Install FOC, then patch it.  Now, test FOC, without installing Mods or maps.  Did it work?  If not, do this:

1. Click Start

2. Select Control Panel

3. Select System

4. Click the Advanced tab

5. In the Performance region select Settings

6. Click the Data Execute tab in the dialog box that opens

7. Select Turn on DEP for all programs and services except for those you select

8. Click Add.

9. The open dialog box will open. Browse and select FOC and EAW.

10. Click Open

11. Click Apply

12. Click Ok

13. Reboot

Now try FOC again.  If it STILL fails, and EAW fails as well, you may have a hardware problem.  Download Memtest ISO

http://www.memtest86.com/memtest86-3.4a.iso.zip

and burn it to a cd using magiciso (download a trial version)

Boot to the Disk and let memtest search for memory errors.  If there are none, and your PC actually survived the memtest w/o crashing, your windows is jacked up and can't run FOC, which means i cant help you.  Lets hope it never comes to this though...;-P

P.S.  One more thing.  If nothing else works, Microsoft just released a Beta version of Service pack 3 for windows XP, or SP! for Vista, if thats what you're using. Download them from either

XP:  http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/windows-xp-service-pack-3.html

Vista: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.aspx?na=22&p=2&SrcDisplayLang=en&SrcCategoryId=7&SrcFamilyId=&u=%2fdownloads%2fdetails.aspx%3fFamilyID%3db0c7136d-5ebb-413b-89c9-cb3d06d12674%26DisplayLang%3den

Then install...They might patch your windows install to the point where it can support the game.

Thats all I have for today!! Good luck, and please, keep me posted!!

Sweet! I'll try this soon. I remember that's sort of how Logan fixed his.

Things have changed with me since I dropped out of EaW, and I don't know if I'll ever fully get back into it. I'm working on a crappy GM project at the moment.

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

That,the bad cooling system on the disk drive, and the sucky fan.

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/captainartenon.pnghttp://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Sith_Lords_EaW/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=5554600

Alternate Site

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/loverdog/pffuserbar1.jpg

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6296/sweawuban0cg.png

Petition for Obsidian and Bioware to work on Knights of the Old Republic III together! 3926 Total Signatures and counting!

SW Fanon Wiki entry - Captain Artenon

"A fake news show on fox should have real news!" -Louis Black, The Daily Show.

"That,the bad cooling system on the disk drive, and the sucky fan."

Not exactly.  Yes, Logan, that can cause a crash.  HOWEVER...A bad cooling system will not cause a regular crash in the scenario with 1Up'd.  For one thing, he is always failing at the same point.  Second, he has not mentioned any instances of the PC suddenly slowing to a crawl before it failed (although, if his PC has a piece of crap AMD processor, it might not slow...)  Third, he would fail in other apps as well....And fourth, his computer is unlikely to have survived this many failures if they were heat related.

That,the bad cooling system on the disk drive, and the sucky fan.

Um, what?

You're FoC problem was with the map editor and the registery files.

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

I feel your pain, 1upD. I have pretty much the same problem with MS Word, only it's random.

At least I don't need MS Word to mod  ;D

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/codeuser/sigcopy.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/loverdog/pffuserbar2.jpg

[3:52:33 PM] Arbiter says: Paracetamoxyfrusebendroneomycin would cure all of his diseases....

[3:52:47 PM] Arbiter says: Except with the side effect of probable death.

Dr. Nick-You are crashed by MS word?  Have you updated to the most recent version?  If you have and it fails, your registry is probably diseased.  Follow my instructions for EAW but substitute MS word and you should be fine.

I feel your pain, 1upD. I have pretty much the same problem with MS Word, only it's random.

At least I don't need MS Word to mod  ;D

LOL, I've been having some bugs with Windows Movie Maker. But nothing as severe as FoC.

Dr. Nick-You are crashed by MS word?  Have you updated to the most recent version?  If you have and it fails, your registry is probably diseased.  Follow my instructions for EAW but substitute MS word and you should be fine.

I think my FoC registry is diseased. That's what happened to Logan.

OFFTOPIC: I just realised your avatar is Quadraxis!  :o He's kind of a minor boss, so I didn't recognise it at first. Metroid rocks!

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

MINOR!?!?!?!? :o :o 

What are you talking about!?  Quadraxis is awesome...he's a freaking 50 foot tall assault robot that can generates tornadoes or earthquakes at will...plus he looks totally awesome...

Actually, he is my elite battle unit for my race in my mod a la gargantuan.

Watch him in FOC, then call him minor again... :P

YYYeeaaahh..About that...I wouldn't call him "in" yet.  He has a basic model, but no tex, and no leg move animation.  He mostly just floats around shooting at whatever comes near him :P

MINOR!?!?!?!? :o :o 

What are you talking about!?  Quadraxis is awesome...he's a freaking 50 foot tall assault robot that can generates tornadoes or earthquakes at will...plus he looks totally awesome...

Actually, he is my elite battle unit for my race in my mod a la gargantuan.

Watch him in FOC, then call him minor again... :P

THIS CALLS FOR A METROID MOD!

lol, one of my friends was talking about that one time.

You really put Quadraxis in FoC? I have to see this. It sounds a lot like some of the UaW units.

I meant that he has a minor role in the storyline of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. He's not really a major part of what's happening. He is probably one of the coolest bosses in the game though. IDK, I liked Dark Samus, and the Emperor Ing was cool. But Quadraxis is deffinetly among the top 5...I haven't played that game in a long time...I'd probably rank him third...

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Yeah.  My top three Metroid Bosses of all time...all in the GC series.

Number 1) QUADRAXIS!!!

Number 2) Meta Ridley (I have a thing for Dragons)

Number 3) Tied...Metroid Prime or Emperor Ing form 3

And by the way...about the UAW thing.  Im actually trying to import a basic framework for the assembly walker into FOC, which I will build Quadraxis around.  I.E. destructible core, etc.  Since they both use the Alamo engine, I hope for success.