1upD's mod

1upD

I don't think it will work as perfectly, but with the right LUA, I think you can probably get hardpoints to be hidden/indestructible, then reveal them. I don't know the specifics of how, however.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/kc1991/droid803sig.jpg

"That was fun"

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I dont either.  At the moment, Quadraxis is simply a reversioned Gargantuan, with a  bunch of HPs that you blast and he falls down...I might just keep it that way.  I really just want to make him a fearsome enemy.  After all, that is what my race stands for...they are expensive compared to the Empire, Rebels, and Consortium, but as my lore says (i was actually writing a book on them before EAW came along) they are an ancient race with technology unmatched in the galaxy, and they are POWERFUL. As such, Quadraxis must be something you don't want to see in the invading fleet... :P
Bow to me, as a slave does before his master, or a peasant before his king.  For, you shall soon be as such to me.

Yeah.  My top three Metroid Bosses of all time...all in the GC series.

Number 1) QUADRAXIS!!!

Number 2) Meta Ridley (I have a thing for Dragons)

Number 3) Tied...Metroid Prime or Emperor Ing form 3

And by the way...about the UAW thing.  Im actually trying to import a basic framework for the assembly walker into FOC, which I will build Quadraxis around.  I.E. destructible core, etc.  Since they both use the Alamo engine, I hope for success.

lol

Yeah

I'd say

Number 1)Metroid Prime

Number 2)SA-X

Number 3)Mecha Ridley(Not Meta)

Or just from the Prime series

Number 1)Metroid Prime

Number 2)Dark Samus

Number 3)Gandrayda

I don't think it will work as perfectly, but with the right LUA, I think you can probably get hardpoints to be hidden/indestructible, then reveal them. I don't know the specifics of how, however.

Why would you need that?

"I feel fantastic and I'm

Still Alive

and when you're dying I will be

Still Alive

and when you're dead I will be

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Anybody who thinks Palpatine is a sepratist knows NOTHING about star Wars

When in doubt- rocket it.

Dowload The Underworld's Might beta from Filefront!

Why would you need that?

So that there is a "kill puzzle"

You need to blast off armor panels before you get destroy the core, etc etc.

"That was fun"

Eh....Im probably going to leave it like it is now...that way you have to weather the storm to make him fall-no getting out of it easy by blaasting his reactor...One of my heroes (space), called IT, needs this programming though...but I dont even know if its creatable.  All of my units are inspired by things in games or movies I like, and IT was inspired by a boss in Starfox 64...he's a big, saucer shaped ship with three arms that whip around, tearing all around him to bits.  If anyone has knowledge about how to make melee attacks (like Silri's lightsaber whip) please let me know.
Bow to me, as a slave does before his master, or a peasant before his king.  For, you shall soon be as such to me.

How, exactly?  Do the claws need to be the projectiles? See, I'll post a picture of my inspiration.  The claws HAVE to be weapons.

The model has an attack animation, meaning, when it fires, something moves.

Now, all you need to do is create a projectile that moves at the same speed as the claw as it moves forward. When the projectile hits the target (which should be the same time the claw does), the damage is applied and visually, it is identical. you [i[could[/i] make the projectile the arm, but that might look funny.

"That was fun"

Ahhh....Ok...I always wondered how that worked...  Thanks!!  I may soon start a thread for my mod and post screenshots and other stuff soon.

...This is going a little off-topic...

Has anyone tried my mod yet? Nobody tells me anything about it. :'(

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Hehe..sorry... ::)  Yeah, I looked at your mod...It looks good so far, but the fact that the CIS don't have a space station and that they are randomly defeated when the enemy's station upgrades is a real turn-off... :(

Hehe..sorry... ::)  Yeah, I looked at your mod...It looks good so far, but the fact that the CIS don't have a space station and that they are randomly defeated when the enemy's station upgrades is a real turn-off... :(

Ah...

Oh, you tried Space Skirmish!?  :o It doesn't work at all with the CIS. My mod is made almost ENTIRELY for Galactic Conquest, but works ok with skirmish.

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Oh...I'm a skirmish player usually...My mod doesn't even work with galactic conquest (no matter what I do, I cant get my race to be usable...) but I'll have a look at yours!

Oh...I'm a skirmish player usually...My mod doesn't even work with galactic conquest (no matter what I do, I cant get my race to be usable...)

Ditto.

"That was fun"

Whats wrong with yours?  With me, when Im at the galactic conquest screen (selecting the scenario I want), no matter what I do, I cant figure out how to get the Start button to light up when my race is selected.

Mine? You can't build all the ships in GC... It's also possibly horribly imbalanced. I did get them playable in GC, but only one one map (Mandalorian Uprising. People have reported bugs, but I have no idea how to fix them. I have, however, played through my one scenario multiple times, and have only occasionally come across a fatal error. Most of the time, it's fine. The ditto was more for the skirmish player part.

Oh, in your case, you need to edit the campaign files so that your faction can actually play. You need a separate entry specifically for your faction.

Sorry for the thread hijack again...

EDIT: Two posts away from 1337ness!

"That was fun"

Great; what, are you going to stop posting two posts from now to keep your 1337? :P

Yes, that is a likely outcome.

Now, we should REALLY stop hijacking 1upD's thread. Its not nice.

One post to 1337

"That was fun"

Oh...I'm a skirmish player usually...My mod doesn't even work with galactic conquest

Everyone says that...

With me, when Im at the galactic conquest screen (selecting the scenario I want), no matter what I do, I cant figure out how to get the Start button to light up when my race is selected.

Every GC has a file for each faction. When you pick a new faction, you're actually chosing a different set of GCs just like the others with that faction set as playable.

Yes, that is a likely outcome.

Now, we should REALLY stop hijacking 1upD's thread. Its not nice.

One post to 1337

LOL!

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Every GC has a file for each faction. When you pick a new faction, you're actually chosing a different set of GCs just like the others with that faction set as playable.

WHICH FILE!?!?

Campaigns_Singleplayer.XML for EaW and Campaigns_Underworld_GC.xml for FoC

I HAVE ATTAINED 1337!

Edit: lulz. posts: leet

"That was fun"

Hmm...Okay, Now I can use them In gc, but I have a new problem.  I seem to be classified alongside the rebels (red color, etc) and when I engage the rebellion in a battle, my game crashes.

Edit:  I crash If I engage anybody, my planet starts the game corrupted, and can't be undone, and I seem to be allied with the rebellion (cant fight them, can go to their planets and not be affected...why?

Hmm...Okay, Now I can use them In gc, but I have a new problem.  I seem to be classified alongside the rebels (red color, etc) and when I engage the rebellion in a battle, my game crashes.

Edit:  I crash If I engage anybody, my planet starts the game corrupted, and can't be undone, and I seem to be allied with the rebellion (cant fight them, can go to their planets and not be affected...why?

Hmm...

Check your faction file. You need to balance it very carefully. Each faction must have every other faction listed somewhere in the diplomacies.(I mean, like, the ally tag, the enemy tag, etc.) Also, there is an option that corrupts every planet the faction has. I use it on the CIS and pirates in TUM. BTW, has anyone tried GC yet? I'm sorry for my eager-ness, but I want to hear what my mod is like, I haven't played it in a long time and can't at the moment. I've been too busy to fix FoC. Hmm...Maybe I'll be able to on saturday.

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

I've tried your GC...I'll have to look at my faction file, but not now, I'm too busy.  Your GC looks great!  If the CIS only had a more complete unit roundup, it would be an awesome faction.

Edit: And don't be sorry about your eagerness...This is a thread that is supposed to be revolving around TUM anyway... ::)

Edit 2: I worked on my ExpansionFactions.xml...I got everything to work!  I transposed a letter in my opponent's enemy string...my race is named the Son'a...I forgot the apostrophe..Oops? If possible, could I make a planet invincible to the Death Star's superlaser?

Edited by Lavarider