1upD's mod

1upD

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got one more "does anyone" question... Does anyone know why my race seems to be unable to attack the consortium directly or retreat from a battle with them, but can be attacked by them?

Edit: Nevermind, I got it... forgot a comma on the enemies entry for my race

Edit 2:  I've got one more question... how to I change the superweapon button on the minimap?  You know, the one you press to fire the weapon?  I think I may have finally developed a functional superweapon, but it is based off of the ION cannon and I need the fire the ion cannon button in order to make it light up and become available.

Edited by Lavarider
Bow to me, as a slave does before his master, or a peasant before his king.  For, you shall soon be as such to me.

I can't find samus. I played A Galaxy Corrupted,a nd samus is supposed to be on dathomir, correct? I also searched samus in the GC xml, and i found her numerous times, but i never found her on those planets in the listed campaigns...also, V-19s for me are the size of acclamators

also the GlaDOS torture droid...portal reference?

EDIT: Also, the V-19s dont seem to want to scale...i set it to 0.0000006, and they stayed huge

Ah, crap. I was afraid that would happen.

LOL, It's an IT-0. The whole idea of a sentient droid with a sense of humor reminded me of GLaDOS. They aren't very similar, though....

Ah, crap, again.

"I feel fantastic and I'm

Still Alive

and when you're dying I will be

Still Alive

and when you're dead I will be

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Anybody who thinks Palpatine is a sepratist knows NOTHING about star Wars

When in doubt- rocket it.

Dowload The Underworld's Might beta from Filefront!

just an idea, as a metroid fan myself, if you want to make the ship samus uses in metroid prime 3, could you reskin a vulture droid or are there too many differences?

:o

That's genius!

I actually used a gallofree transport. It looks like Samus' main ship a little, and I didn't really have time to be picky.

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

That's genius!

I actually used a gallofree transport. It looks like Samus' main ship a little, and I didn't really have time to be picky.

just came to my mind, a gallofree HTT could be reskinned to look like MP:3's pirate transports!

just came to my mind, a gallofree HTT could be reskinned to look like MP:3's pirate transports!

Well maybe on some partyless saturday when I decide to fix FoC, I can start a full Metroid mod! ;D

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

"Well maybe on some partyless saturday when I decide to fix FoC, I can start a full Metroid mod! Grin"

WILL YOU FIX THE D**N THING ALREADY!?!?! >:(  I'm nearly ready for my alpha release, and I need testers!!!

Bow to me, as a slave does before his master, or a peasant before his king.  For, you shall soon be as such to me.

"Well maybe on some partyless saturday when I decide to fix FoC, I can start a full Metroid mod! Grin"

WILL YOU FIX THE D**N THING ALREADY!?!?! >:(  I'm nearly ready for my alpha release, and I need testers!!!

LOL

I'm sorry, but I'm really busy. I have tons of homework, and like I said, parties. I also haven't finished Half Life 2 yet. ;D Not to mention my other project which I haven't worked on in a while but has much higher priority than FoC...

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Haha..no sorry needed, Im just kidding... Trust me, you'd know if I was actually mad...Plus, believe it or not, I have a life too-I know how it can be.

Edit: How do I make the AI use my races?  I have two new ones...The Son'a and the Yuuzhan Vong, and the AI wont make use of them....

Edited by Lavarider

Haha..no sorry needed, Im just kidding... Trust me, you'd know if I was actually mad...Plus, believe it or not, I have a life too-I know how it can be.

Edit: How do I make the AI use my races?  I have two new ones...The Son'a and the Yuuzhan Vong, and the AI wont make use of them....

I know.

What exactly do you mean? In GC, you can just add in the faction's starting units. In skirmish you chose the AI... Or do you mean that the AI isn't working with the factions? That can often be a problem.

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Forget it...just as I posted that, i figured out which LUAs I needed to tweak to get the skirmish AI to make use of my craft...It works now, and I am one giant step closer to an alpha release...Oh, by the way, did you notice my earlier post?  I have inserted the Yuuzhan Vong into my mod now, as a PLAYABLE race with a full complement of ships, fighters, space buildables, and upgrades!

Forget it...just as I posted that, i figured out which LUAs I needed to tweak to get the skirmish AI to make use of my craft...It works now, and I am one giant step closer to an alpha release...Oh, by the way, did you notice my earlier post?  I have inserted the Yuuzhan Vong into my mod now, as a PLAYABLE race with a full complement of ships, fighters, space buildables, and upgrades!

Really? Wow. I was never really a New Republic fan, but this is still pretty cool. One of my friends who doesn't really like modding said he'd download a Yuuzhan Vong mod.

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

• SWR Staff - Executive

I have inserted the Yuuzhan Vong into my mod now, as a PLAYABLE race with a full complement of ships, fighters, space buildables, and upgrades!

Would love to see a full NJO mod, especially since there are really few sources of images and other artwork.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Welllll....Its not exactly a NJO mod.  I suppose you could call it that, now that I think about it...After all, I have updated all the races with new ships dating from the NJO series...but it is really just a non-canon mod focused on one thing-adding new races and ships to expand EAW's enjoyability.  My alpha is coming soon, and then I'll start a new thread and explain it more thoroughly.

so is the metroid mod idea official?

Heck no. It's just something one of my friends came up with. I'm way to busy to even finish my first mod right now.

Anyways, to get this topic back on track, has anyone SEEN Samus in FoC yet? Send me screenies or something. I think her scale might be messed up, that may be why I didn't try to include her in the first version. BTW, she has a very Dark Samus-y ability, just to demonstrate the features of MP3C in FoC.

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Eh-he...I know I'm about to give you a response you don't want to hear, but....I still kind of haven't gotten her working yet....I've seen working full time on my mod...sorry. :-[

All right!! Here you go, 1upd!  I spent about an hour and a half sifting through your files, an I have patched Samus to a workable state.  NOTE:  Samus's "gunship" is NOT textured.  Samus is textured, but her Text tooltips do not function.  Samus does not spawn automatically in GC, you must build her from dathomir, space build tab, level 2 station required.  Samus is very weak for some reason, does not do much damage.  Area of effect convert is slightly faulty and does not always activate...otherwise a good run.  You know, if you want, I can get you a real samus gunship and samus model...I'm running an extraordinarily powerful pc that has a gamecube emulator, and I can have it copy the meshes for you, if you wish...

EDIT:  I just received statistical data on hardware load during your mod...You know, programming your XMLs more efficiently (i.e. organizing everything in a linear fashion and deleting unneeded entries) would really decrease the load your mod puts on other people's hardware....just a suggestion. :P

All right!! Here you go, 1upd!  I spent about an hour and a half sifting through your files, an I have patched Samus to a workable state.  NOTE:  Samus's "gunship" is NOT textured.  Samus is textured, but her Text tooltips do not function.  Samus does not spawn automatically in GC, you must build her from dathomir, space build tab, level 2 station required.  Samus is very weak for some reason, does not do much damage.  Area of effect convert is slightly faulty and does not always activate...otherwise a good run.  You know, if you want, I can get you a real samus gunship and samus model...I'm running an extraordinarily powerful pc that has a gamecube emulator, and I can have it copy the meshes for you, if you wish...

EDIT:  I just received statistical data on hardware load during your mod...You know, programming your XMLs more efficiently (i.e. organizing everything in a linear fashion and deleting unneeded entries) would really decrease the load your mod puts on other people's hardware....just a suggestion. :P

Awesome! I'm downloading right now.

You mean you can actually take Samus' model from Metroid Prime 2 and put it in FoC!? That's freaking awesome. BTW, the party today got canceled. ^^

Also, I have a very cool idea for the Metroid mod. Total Conversions are simply unrealistic. They always end up half completed, with the whole continuity smashed and tons of bugs. Instead of a total conversion directly focusing on the Metroid series, why don't we make a mod revolving around Phazon like MP3C, technically not even Metroid? We could rename everything and put Phazon in the Star Wars universe(This is totally uncanon, but it's for the sake of game play) The Space Pirates would be 'Phazon Soldiers'. If we really wanted to, we could even rename Phazon itself to 'the Infection' or something awesome like that. The reason for this idea is because I've been facinated with the way the area of effect convert works. It's actually an explosion that spreads a damage type that turns every unit it hits into another unit(The imperial corrupted version) If we replaced all the Empire's force corrupted with 'Phazon Zombies' we could introduce an amazing new gameplay feature. We could then make a projectile with this damagetype for a phazon attack. Phazon attacks would turn infantry into cheap soldiers for phazon. Phaaze/Phazon would be a new faction. Of course, Samus could be in as an easter egg.

Like the idea?

EDIT: Forget it. Screw FoC. I just fixed everything and it still won't work.

Edited by 1upD

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Damn...you did everything and it made NO change? :-\

You did remember to tell FOC not to save user profiles and stuff and you made sure to destroy your EAW installation and directory folder, right?  Do me a favor before you give up...try starting EAW and seeing what happens.  Also, would you run a DxDiag?  Type start, run, dxdiag, then run the diagnostic tool.  When the bar on the bottom fills up, click next page, and look at the box on the bottom to see if any problems are found.  Go to the next page and look at the box again and run any tests needed, and so on and so forth.  Finally, post any severe errors here and also tell DxDiag to save all information as a txt file, then post it here...I'll have my PC analyze it and get back to you with its opinion....cause mine does not seen to be having an effect... :P

Damn...you did everything and it made NO change? :-\

You did remember to tell FOC not to save user profiles and stuff and you made sure to destroy your EAW installation and directory folder, right?  Do me a favor before you give up...try starting EAW and seeing what happens.  Also, would you run a DxDiag?  Type start, run, dxdiag, then run the diagnostic tool.  When the bar on the bottom fills up, click next page, and look at the box on the bottom to see if any problems are found.  Go to the next page and look at the box again and run any tests needed, and so on and so forth.  Finally, post any severe errors here and also tell DxDiag to save all information as a txt file, then post it here...I'll have my PC analyze it and get back to you with its opinion....cause mine does not seen to be having an effect... :P

It's wierd, because Empire at War works fine, FoC restarts the computer. It doesnt' restart it completely though, just partially, then the screen stays black.

Well, my dad and I may have messed some things up. He insisted on helping with the registery files,  ::) and unistalled Empire at War without my consent. (After that we destroyed both the EaW and FoC registries) So I spent the whole morning today reinstalling and repatching Empire at War. When I finally reinstalled FoC, it still didn't work.

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Ok!! Thats good...very good...So FOC crashes, EAW does not.  Does the screen stay black for FOC, does the PC turn off (you know, that odd clunk you get when a HDD just stops) then your BIOS does not show, or does it restart and windows does not come, or none of the above?

Edit:  Would you please either run a DxDiag or post your PC specs so I can tell if it may be hardware?  FOC has persistent bugs that cause certain failures in odd situations...

Edit 2:  Just an odd question, you wouldn't happen to be using a crack, would you?  I don't care if you are or not, I just need to know