1upD's mod

1upD

I've tried your GC...I'll have to look at my faction file, but not now, I'm too busy.  Your GC looks great!  If the CIS only had a more complete unit roundup, it would be an awesome faction.

Edit: And don't be sorry about your eagerness...This is a thread that is supposed to be revolving around TUM anyway... ::)

Edit 2: I worked on my ExpansionFactions.xml...I got everything to work!  I transposed a letter in my opponent's enemy string...my race is named the Son'a...I forgot the apostrophe..Oops? If possible, could I make a planet invincible to the Death Star's superlaser?

Thanks. Yeah, I know. If you capture Nar Shaddaa, you get more unit options.(The Steel Legion) I wanted to add more heroes too.

lol, yeah.

Good. Son'a...What are they like?

"I feel fantastic and I'm

Still Alive

and when you're dying I will be

Still Alive

and when you're dead I will be

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Anybody who thinks Palpatine is a sepratist knows NOTHING about star Wars

When in doubt- rocket it.

Dowload The Underworld's Might beta from Filefront!

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh...Ok...Nar Shadda...*writes down name* :P

The Son'a are an ancient race, millions of years old.  Eons ago, they led a powerful empire that spread across the galaxy, controlling every known species- bothans, sullustans, mon calamari...and humanity.  With technology so advanced it seemed like magic, they could not even be resisted.  Then, following a great war with an extragalactic species that left hundreds of star systems (including the then Son'a homeworld)dead, the Son'a decided to allow the galaxy to evolve and flourish naturally.  Suddenly and without warning, they vanished, from sight and from history...until now.  The Empire has found and attacked the new Son'a homeworld, Aether-an ancient, living, highly intelligent, force sensitive planet.  Immensely protective of their homeworld, the Son'a have angrily declared war on the Empire and anyone else who gets in their way. 

Aether cries for blood......

That's their lore...I was writing a book on them before EAW came out.  What they are like in game?  The Son'a are immortal, and do not die by natural means.  Because of this, reproduction is rare, and there are maybe 500,000 of them left in the galaxy.  All of their craft (except for a select few) are fully automated, and therefore higly expensive.  However, due to the superior intellect of the Son'a race, this technology is VERY powerful.  Expect their Nebulon B counterpart, for example, to trash Nebulon B frigates and Acclamators alike, but also to cost much more.  The Son'a also play differently than the other races.  They are more tactical.  You will not win with them by building a fleet of Daemon assault cruisers and attacking the enemy, but using a variet of ships correctly will spell your victory instead.

Bow to me, as a slave does before his master, or a peasant before his king.  For, you shall soon be as such to me.

I can't explain right now, but I need everyone who downloaded my mod to delete ALL of the files COMPLETELY. I'll upload a fixed version soon.

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Im playing it right now!!! WHY MUST I STOP?!?!

Anyway, about TUM, may I make a few suggestions to improve it?

Most importantly, the CIS HAS to have a space station.  A ship is a cool idea, but every RTS faction needs at least 1 stationary fortress.

You need more unique variety.  You only have 3 native ship types and 3 fighters...MORES!! Also, although I'm assuming you are using them as placeholders, copying the MZ-8 pulse tank, defilers, Venator, etc. is just bad form.

The lucrehulk is supposed to be your star destroyer counterpart, right?  Then why on earth is is so easy to kill?  It needs to be bigger and have more of a "SCARY THING" factor.

You need more heroes.  You have zero usable space hero, one weak ground hero, and one acceptable ground hero (torture droid).  Space heroes are always more pouplar...may I suggest a new version of General Grevious?  He's always a favorite for the CIS.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

Edited by Lavarider
Bow to me, as a slave does before his master, or a peasant before his king.  For, you shall soon be as such to me.

Im playing it right now!!! WHY MUST I STOP?!?!

I believed their was a fatal error in the map data. I'm pretty sure I was wrong...Dang, I deleted the files and everything...I'll reupload it with some improvements in a while...

Anyway, about TUM, may I make a few suggestions to improve it?

Yes you may. But please realise that the version I released wasn't finished, the whole reason I released it was because I am unable to improve it. Despite the pointlessness of editing a mod I can't play, I think I'll add some stuff to it before I re-upload.

Most importantly, the CIS HAS to have a space station.  A ship is a cool idea, but every RTS faction needs at least 1 stationary fortress.

Yeah, but in order to do that I'd need to rip off the Hutt space station. Meh, maybe I'll find some other model I could use...but at the moment since I can't test, it would be impossible to tweak that without risking disabling them entirely.

You need more unique variety.  You only have 3 native ship types and 3 fighters...MORES!! Also, although I'm assuming you are using them as placeholders, copying the MZ-8 pulse tank, defilers, Venator, etc. is just bad form.

Yeah, I know. I'm not really sure what ships I could add for the CIS. Keep in mind I can't model and can only use free-release models modelors so kindly donate.

All of the copied units have a very good reason. They are not just the standard units. They are elite 'Steel Legion' mercenaries. They were part of a fanfic revolving around UN-8311, the IT-0 torture droid. They also represent all of the mercenaries any CIS remnant would have to hire to get a good force, also notice the original CIS hired many mercenaries.

The lucrehulk is supposed to be your star destroyer counterpart, right?  Then why on earth is is so easy to kill?  It needs to be bigger and have more of a "SCARY THING" factor.

I think it has to do with the hardpoints. I'll fix it before I put TUM back up.

You need more heroes.  You have zero usable space hero, one weak ground hero, and one acceptable ground hero (torture droid).  Space heroes are always more pouplar...may I suggest a new version of General Grevious?  He's always a favorite for the CIS.

I know. That was one of my main objectives before the FoC failure. UN-8311(The super GLaDOS IT-0 torture droid) can go on land? I think I had more ground heroes. I had this whole stupid fanfic thing going... Anyways, I was planning on including General Grievous. Of course, there is one obvious problem-HE'S DEAD! However, I found an easy workaround that suits the mod so well I'm ashamed I wasn't able to use it... A while after the Clone War, some Imperial scientits found Grievous' burned out shell and built a droid within it. They gave it two magnagaurds and all of Grievous' possessions. After that, it went rogue, and started attacking spacers on Kashyyk. Actually, it's a true story. It was a large part of Star Wars Galaxies, which I was planning on basing a ton of stuff in my mod on, such as the Death Watch, HK-47, and NK-Necrosis.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

Thanks.

EDIT: Before I post the update, I've got a very important question: Do standard .WAVs work in FoC as sound files? I really need to know soon.

Edited by 1upD

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

"Despite the pointlessness of editing a mod I can't play, I think I'll add some stuff to it before I re-upload."

I'm pretty sure my fix it post has everything you need to fix....

And yes, standard WAVs do work in FOC.

"Despite the pointlessness of editing a mod I can't play, I think I'll add some stuff to it before I re-upload."

I'm pretty sure my fix it post has everything you need to fix....

And yes, standard WAVs do work in FOC.

...Really?

Wow. I'm scared that my newest edition won't work(I can't test for bugs at the moment) but I think I'm going to upload the update. It's got a REALLY sweet easter egg. Please play the GC "A galaxy of Corruption", once you download the update. I think I"m gonna upload it...

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Hey, speaking of sound files...does anyone know how to properly set them up? I have new sounds for my automated ships, but every time I try to put them in game, nothing happens.  I know they are the right format and in the right folder (C:/Prgram Files/Lucasarts/Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption/Mods/Aether's Vengeance) but I don't think I modified the SFXeventsfrigates.xml correctly.  Here, I'll post it-can anyone help me out?

Thanks for stealing my thread again, guys.

Crap, the sound for my new unit won't work. Whatever. I'm sorry I haven't been able to upload the update. I'm sure you'll all love the new addition. Especially LavaRider.

UPDATE: I put the file back up, with an important update. -

http://files.filefront.com/TUM+Unfinishedrar/;10242659;/fileinfo.html

If you downloaded the first one, you should redownload it to get the new unit.

Edited by 1upD

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Downloading Now...oh, and its Lavarider...no cap r... :P

Edit: You know how you've been worried about having erroneous XML's?  You know that If you open your XML in Firefox, it will tell you in big block letters any error you made?  You can program an entire EAW XML that way without even having EAW (trust me, I did it)

Edit 2: A Galaxy of corruption is unwinnable...you cant reach the top planets, and maybe it just me, but I freeze every time I load Nar Shadda's ground.

Edited by Lavarider

Downloading Now...oh, and its Lavarider...no cap r... :P

Oh, sorry.

Edit: You know how you've been worried about having erroneous XML's?  You know that If you open your XML in Firefox, it will tell you in big block letters any error you made?  You can program an entire EAW XML that way without even having EAW (trust me, I did it)

I'm not afraid of syntax errors, I'm afraid of errors within EaW.

Edit 2: A Galaxy of corruption is unwinnable...you cant reach the top planets, and maybe it just me, but I freeze every time I load Nar Shadda's ground.

Oh, dangit! That's just what I was afraid of. I woulda put in some trade routes had I known...Anyways, did you see the easter egg?

An error with Nar Shaddaa!? Oh wait...I think I remember something like that. It would give me an exception, but then one time I just exited out of the exception and went back to FoC and it worked fine. Either that, or it could be a mistake with the map editor that led to my FoC's demise.

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Gahhh!!!  My PC crashed last night...one of my hard drives failed... I'm lucky I'm a computer tech and have a stash of parts, but still, I've been working on it for about 14 hours straight, and I may have lost ALL my mod data... :'(  I found a lit :-\tle bit, but nothing substantial...I really hope my recovery programs find more, but either way, it looks like the release I was planning for next week is going to be a long way off...

Gahhh!!!  My PC crashed last night...one of my hard drives failed... I'm lucky I'm a computer tech and have a stash of parts, but still, I've been working on it for about 14 hours straight, and I may have lost ALL my mod data... :'(  I found a lit :-\tle bit, but nothing substantial...I really hope my recovery programs find more, but either way, it looks like the release I was planning for next week is going to be a long way off...

Oh my...

Hard drive failure gives me nightmares. I hope you recover anything. Do you know what caused it?

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Actually, the hard rive is OK.  The file system failed; really odd.. I was able to recover many of my 3ds max models, my textures, and, luckily for me, I found a backup of my mod on my flash drive.  Its a few weeks old, but its better than nothing.  I should have my mod back online soon... ;D  Want some irony?  My Mod data was the only folder I lost in the end... ???

Actually, the hard rive is OK.  The file system failed; really odd.. I was able to recover many of my 3ds max models, my textures, and, luckily for me, I found a backup of my mod on my flash drive.  Its a few weeks old, but its better than nothing.  I should have my mod back online soon... ;D  Want some irony?  My Mod data was the only folder I lost in the end... ???

I'm glad to hear it...Except for losing the mod data, of course. I hate having to use backups...Of course, there was this one time when I overloaded GM, and I hadn't backed up the file, so I tried saving the file while the program was glitching out to save my day's work. I would have kept at least part of the project if I hadn't done that...

Back on topic, now, did anyone see the new unit I added?

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

I just brought my FOC back online today...I'll look for your unit later. Edited by Lavarider

Actually, I may have misled you. It's really a hero unit. I'm sure you'll be shocked when you see her.

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

SAMUS ARAN!!! :o YEY!!

Now that rocks...your mod just shot up to number 5 on my fav list...

Now I just need to finish my Quadraxis...then I can put Samus in my mod for the rebels (temporarily of course) and see if she can beat him in the Star Wars universe!!  ;D

SAMUS ARAN!!! :o YEY!!

Now that rocks...your mod just shot up to number 5 on my fav list...

Now I just need to finish my Quadraxis...then I can put Samus in my mod for the rebels (temporarily of course) and see if she can beat him in the Star Wars universe!!  ;D

LOL

I knew you would do something like that. ;D

Does she work!? I was so afraid there would be some mistakes.

Temporarily? Why? As long as you put me in the credits, you can keep her in if you'd like. Of course, it is kind of wierd to have Samus running around the Star Wars universe. That's why I usually kind of hid her in the GCs. But I decided to make her playable in full view in the new Galactic Conquest, A Galaxy of Corruption, so people would notice quicker.

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

Ok, then, not temporarily...Of course you know she won't have a chance against Quadraxis...he's a bit Op'd right now... Arguably you could say he's supposed to be, but when he goes into battle, steps on about twelve M1 repulsor tnks and kills 6 AT-AT's, I think he needs a little work... :P

Ok, then, not temporarily...Of course you know she won't have a chance against Quadraxis...he's a bit Op'd right now... Arguably you could say he's supposed to be, but when he goes into battle, steps on about twelve M1 repulsor tnks and kills 6 AT-AT's, I think he needs a little work... :P

Have you tested Samus yet?

Still Alive

Still Alive

Still Alive

STILL ALIVE"~GLaDOS

I can't find samus. I played A Galaxy Corrupted,a nd samus is supposed to be on dathomir, correct? I also searched samus in the GC xml, and i found her numerous times, but i never found her on those planets in the listed campaigns...also, V-19s for me are the size of acclamators

also the GlaDOS torture droid...portal reference?

EDIT: Also, the V-19s dont seem to want to scale...i set it to 0.0000006, and they stayed huge

Actually, not really... She's very faulty and actually doesn't appear in game...but I'm tweaking her and will post a copy of the repaired XML's when I have her operational...

Edit: My V-19's are fine... a scale of that small may not be accepted by the game.  Try .05 and see what happens.

Edit 2: Does anyone know how to make a unit turn and face an enemy when attacking?  I've got one that works fine if I manually turn it to face them, but It won't on its own (its weapons have a very small targeting fire cine...)