sign in here

Guest JediIgor

Maybe the Canadians and the Aussies and the New Zealanders (is that correct?) should simply say: "We don't want to have anything more to do with British rule (even though it's not officially official :? ). Well, okay, that sounds rather drastic. It's just odd to think that a free country would still want ties in such tradition that it "technically" seems they're still under the rule of a monarch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it is only a technicallity these days.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Well, here's the big question. If Australia, New Zealand, and Canada and are still technically under British rule, what would happen if the British government and/or the monarch suddenly decided to start exercising those powers of governing? I'm sure it wouldn't go over well with anyone, but would it be legal and/or would it be legally enforced? And, ultimately, would anyone take it seriously?

Guest Scathane
That's a nice one SOCL! The thought had crossed my mind as well. Technicality may mean it's nothing important but that doesn't change the fact that it's true and real. In understand that nothing serious or important will ever come from it but technically, Australia and Canada are still ruled by the British Queen. So, she could technically exert power over those countries and these countries technically would have to follow that influence...

That's a nice one SOCL! The thought had crossed my mind as well. Technicality may mean it's nothing important but that doesn't change the fact that it's true and real. In understand that nothing serious or important will ever come from it but technically, Australia and Canada are still ruled by the British Queen. So, she could technically exert power over those countries and these countries technically would have to follow that influence...
An idea for a new and very interesting story suddenly begin brewing in SOCL's mind. . . .

The point is, the Queen has very little real power here either. She has to work in co-operation with the PM.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Guest Scathane
The point is, the Queen has very little real power here either. She has to work in co-operation with the PM.
I understand that: it's the same with our queen. Nevertheless, both queens in question have more power in their respective royal pinkies than either the entire community of 1700 something registered SWR members!!!

And that's putting it mildly...

I dunno, my pinkie's pretty strong... :lol:

No, and apart from us two, neither do we!!!

Nevertheless, both queens in question have more power in their respective royal pinkies than either the entire community of 1700 something registered SWR members!!!
So were you trying to suggest that we try to take the throne(s), Scath? :twisted:

Glad to see the forums no longer lagging!

And thus SOCL returns! :D

Jay and Silent Bob ROCK!!!!

Guest Scathane
Would someone just ell me who or what Silent Bob and Jay are? and what's Dogma.
Just be glad you know what SOCL and Boring Explanations means: you won't be so easily surprised that way...

Would someone just ell me who or what Silent Bob and Jay are? and what's Dogma.

its a movie with lot of elements from Star Wars, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher plays some minor roles in it (Carrie f.ex. is a nun (or however you spell it) and Mark is the bad guy )

its REALLY fun.. you gotta see it :D

Jedi Corran Duchai at your service.

There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is no passion; there is serenity.

There is no death; there is the Force.

Yeah, get 'Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back' on dvd or video, it's a must!!! Try http://www.play.com or similar dvd retailers. :)

Jay and Silent Bob is a great movie, I loved the twisted Scooby-Doo reference. Mallrats is also a great Kevin Smith movie.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying