Video Games

DarthTofu

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Tofu

Of course you can use it, but there´s still no game out with lightsaberfights for the Wii, isn´t it. ;)

I thought they made a version of Jedi Outcast for the Wii- or am I just crazy? Didn't Rob mention picking it up and enjoying using his saber to hack stormies to bits? I know I enjoyed it when I was just using a computer mouse, especially with saber realistic combat :twisted:

No, no lightsaber combat for the Wii. I recently got Jedi Outcast for the Gamecube which I play on my Wii (backwards compatibility), but it only uses the Gamecube controller. The closest thing I have to lightsaber Wiiness is the new Lego Star Wars (which has all 6 movies), but I havent played it yet. I'll get around to it one day.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Started playing KOTOR 2 yesterday while waiting for BT to turn up and install my new line. I'd forgotten how much fun it is. Shame about the sound on the 360 though. The backwards compatability patch seems to make it squeal a bit.

Anyone had anything similar?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Started playing KOTOR 2 yesterday while waiting for BT to turn up and install my new line. I'd forgotten how much fun it is. Shame about the sound on the 360 though. The backwards compatability patch seems to make it squeal a bit.

Anyone had anything similar?

*You'll be disappointed when you finish with it*

KOTOR II had so much promise- moral issues that made you think, massive storylines, huge changes to them as you chose light or dark, with dozens of different ways for everything to play out- and then a crap-tastic ending on par with the end of The Sopranos. Tisk, tisk, tisk.

On the upside, however, Team Gizka (The restoration project team) is down to just five bugs! They've decreased that number from five times that about... six months ago. Slowly but surely they are grinding toward the finish line!

12/14/07

Got a few new Wii games...

Finally got around to playing Metriod 3. Very good game, and excellent camera controls. I had it, and I kind of forgot about it, but now I will be going back to it.

Mario and Sonic at Olympic Games is a very fun party game. Basically, you take a character through the summer games, competing in track & field, swimming, fencing, and other Olympic events. A pretty fun pick-up for any Wiiers out there.

EA Playground was surpisingly good. It seems very childish, but its actually fun. Basically, you and your friends compete in mini-games based on children's games, like Dodgeball (the best), paper-airplane and slot car races, tether ball, and more.

All three are very good games. Haven't snagged Mario Galaxy yet, though I hear many good things.

My Website

Yeah i've completed it a few times before.

Am loving the look of Mass Effect, will have to save my pennies!!!

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

I'm almost finished with the Classic X-Wing missions; I'm on the first mission to the surface of the Death Star, but I haven't managed to get the dang thing to work without contracting a bad case of what I like to call the "Herky-jerkies" on the old Windows 95 I've been playing on. Curse you, old nineties technology! I'm a Captain, though, and it looks like I'll get to keep the rank now that whenever I blow up I'm recovered. I'll actually try that first DS mission today, I guess... Any tips for blowing everything up?

12/14/07

What do you think of Assassin Creed? It not just looks awesome, it also looks like that it has a pretty cool gameplay. Kinda medieval Splinter Cell.

It does look and play awesomely. They guys who worked on the control, graphics, feel and gameplay did a great job. The guys who created the story line ... well, they did a less than brilliant job.

From reviews and from people I know who've played - all say the biggest let down is the repetitiveness of the title :?

Such a shame. Still, most seem to enjoy it nevertheless

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Yeah i've heard much the same, but then just think about things like GTA.

Oh, thanks, that sounds like one of these hollywood movies with lots of action and explosions, but the lack of a cool script. :?

Well it would be for my brother and I guess he won´t be disturbed about the fact that a real story is missing. :roll:

Who cares at all?! :roll:

From what I heard, a lot of the missions are very similar, where you have to sneak into a city, talk to people to find your target, and then eliminate him. And thats goes for every level.

My Website

Don't let beauty blind you :wink: it's only skin deep - what's under the surface is what matters. Like Dues Ex 1 .. of which in the future there'll be a 3rd.

Oh, an bioshock - pretty and fun :wink:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Hitman with reference to Assasins Creed...

I was never big on it myself, but i think that was more because i didn't really have the patience to play it 'properly'. Cheats are too tempting sometimes!

I'd go so far as to say that i'd pay for that on XBLA

I'm almost finished with the Classic X-Wing missions; I'm on the first mission to the surface of the Death Star, ... Any tips for blowing everything up?

I only remember two things about the final missions:

1) fly in a tight circle and sucker in the Tie-A, then take shots as he pulls away, then back in the circle; repeat. Make sure you keep firing on the same Tie repeatedly until he's gone. Don't wait too long, take as many shots as possible.

2) When heading down "the trench" if you're too far "out" the laser towers will fry you; too far in the turrents open up and there isn't much manuevering room. Solution: just skim the boundary above the trench, dipping in and out of the trench. By the time the laser towers fire on you, you're back in the trench (shielded by the DS itself); by the time the turrets fire on you, you're outside the trench and they quit firing. Repeat rapidly until you get to the target.

Good Luck! and may The Force by with you :wink:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

From what I heard, a lot of the missions are very similar, where you have to sneak into a city, talk to people to find your target, and then eliminate him. And thats goes for every level.

Hm, that sounds like a rather average game to me than. :?

It´s sad that lots of the capacity of such kind of games is wasted, because of the pressure of all those publishers who just got an eye to release those games to the end of a years quarter so their papers will be well selled on the wallstreet and elsewhere. My nephew showed me some of his newest games, one of it was "Clive Barker´s Jericho". Can´t remember the name of the other one, but it had the Unreal 3-Engine. They all had brilliant graphic effects, but the gameplay was so boring that me won´t get interested in such kind of average shooter anymore.

Who cares at all?! :roll:

I dont know if this was mentioned already, but my friend tells me that Team Fortress 2 is a very good PC game. I watched him play it, and there some wonderful graphics.

My Website