Video Games

DarthTofu

Why not do Time Crisis? I mean.. that is like THE game for this kind of system I would think...

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some rumours that they are planning to do Battlefield 3. There occured a kind of sheet where the developers wrote down all the planned features for the investors. But no need to be excited about that, because all listed features sound like a BF2 with more weapons, vehicles and bigger cards with a new graphics-engine. The last thing would be ok if there were some new ideas, but the rest... If you want to have more weapons, buy all those BF2-Addons or better, download a mod. Than you also would have other vehicles. :roll:
Who cares at all?! :roll:

Well the concept itself of BF2 is great, but the game itself, as well as BF2142, wasn´t that charming like BF1942, which has the best community of all three games. :)

BF2 started as a tactical-combat game, where teamplay was honorable, and ended as a kids game, where cheating, glitching and camping is common. :x

Who cares at all?! :roll:

Today I reserved a copy of Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles.

Now I just need to get a Wii...

Never heard of that game. Is it more like the first REs or more like RE4?

In a way it appears to be a remake of the RE titles 0 through 3, only it's more of a shooting type game. It also tells the story behind the fall of the Umbrella Corporation.

http://www.geocities.com/xenogears23/Jokersinsigmgs.jpg

"Life is hard. After all, it kills you." - Katharine Hepburn

Well, I finally got a Wii toady. With it, I got Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. So far, it's a pretty cool game.

Now, I gotta put my Gamecube up in the closet.

http://www.geocities.com/xenogears23/Jokersinsigmgs.jpg

"Life is hard. After all, it kills you." - Katharine Hepburn

Sinister, I'll PM you my Wiicode, then we can be Wiifriends! Yay.

I hate to say it Rob, but that sounds a bit Wiigay :?

:lol:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Sinister, I'll PM you my Wiicode, then we can be Wiifriends! Yay.

I hate to say it Rob, but that sounds a bit Wiigay :?

:lol:

In retrospect, it does. It was supposed to be a Wiimockery of myself, but ended up being something more.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

I'm currently in a Myst/AoE III mood when it comes to video games. Some days I want to play Myst (although for the life of me I can't remember how to get to most of the worlds), while others I'm in the mood for AoE III.

I still can't decide if I want to get an XBox 360/PS3 though. I'd love to play The Force Unleashed when it comes out, but at the same time I think I'll most likely wait until other people spend money on it and tell me if it's worth it. That and the price of the PS3 would drop dramatically.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

I only ever played a version my family had for the Macintosh Computer that was as old as I am (sixteen years, now, but dead for two). It was an interesting concept, but I had to use the internet strategy guides to accomplish anything, and only ever got the space ship level if any.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I've been playing Supreme Commander for the past few days. It has some crash issues on the larger maps if you get too many units but on the smaller maps it plays fine.

I have to say the nukes effects are some of the best I've ever seen. Also I love following the arc of the longer ranged artillery as it hurtles across the map.

Walmart has the first three installments of Myst for about $20, if I remember right. The new one is ~$30.

Oh, and Tofu? The rocket is the easiest to get.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

I was ten when I started playing it. Plus the sound was shoddy on the computer, so it was difficult to get that one to start with.

I did get the super-fast, cut-to-the-end-ASAP ending, though.

12/14/07

I just had the most incredible Supreme Commander CPU skirmish match. Me and 3 CPU vs 4 other CPUs. Two landmasses with a landbridge like in the Trailers.

I stopped the other day after securing an impenetrable defense on my side of the bridge with overlapping shields, artillery, and land battleships. My initial attempt to batter my way through the hoards clashing out on the landbridge failed due to lack of air suport and attacks by Giant Tech-4 Experimental Gunships.

http://www.supremecommander-alliance.com/uploads/RTEmagicC_Cybran_GunshipExp.jpg.jpg

My more dedicated attack involved continuious re-enforcement of Interceptors along with several Battleships moving along the coast. Several of my Fatboy land battleships rolled along the bridge, stopping to produce tanks or AA units as necessary. I made sure to do that fairly often.

http://www.supremecommander-alliance.com/uploads/RTEmagicC_min_UEF_FatBoy.jpg.jpg

My CPU allies also threw their own Fatboys into the mix and soon more than seven of the beasts were rolling over the first enemy base. Things actually became more difficult after that, with our forces spreading out to do battle with the remaining 3 enemies. The air attacks continued and attacks by tech 3 ground units were commonplace. I sent my navy north to destroy the computer's main shipyards and concentrated my ground forces to the east.

I fast became bogged down again as I and the enemy fought for control of a vital hill that would let me bombard the edges of the base or allow strikes at my Fatboys now parked and acting more as factories.

With air and ground attacks on our center threatening to cut off my forward most ground forces decisive action was needed. I ued one of the Nuclear Missiles I'd been able to build at great cost and hit the seaward side of the enmy base. The explosion vaporised most of the computer's power generators and much of their defense. With their economy broken my tanks were able to use a Pincer movement to at last secure the hill which turned out to be ideal for turret defenses. My Allies soon crushed one of the other computers and I moved in to kill the final one.

http://www.gamer.nl/images/content/Erwie/200607/1152810693_0_4.jpg

My seige assault bots swept through the valley that opened into the enemy base and destroyed most of their pitiful defenses in moments. My seige bots charged into the gap only to be massacred by allied super-long range artillery. Friendly fire was something that they would pay for dearly. I finished off the rest of the base then launched my counter attack on the foul ones that had onces proclaimed themselves as being on my side.

My nulear attack was swift and devastating. All three enemy commanders, some seven Fatboys and multiple Support Commanders were all gone after my four missiles had struck. My Battleships sunk the enemy flagship, a large submersible Carrier. Despite that though it wasn't enough.

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/uploads/post-67077-1164151673_thumb.jpg

Survivors of the nuclear strike swept through my old base like a wave. The old defense line was hit by a group of support commanders who took down the formerly impressive shielding. My command unit was caught by gunships and half my army was soon out of action. The Navy which at first seemed near victory was thrown back with damage too severe to risk continuing.

The secondary base which had been built to supply my forward armies with seige bots came under artillery and naval bombardment within minutes of my main bases destruction. I now had no power to maintain the shileds on my huge factory tanks or resources to build units or new powerplants. My last battleship at 5k/60k hp fled out to sea beyond the sensor range of my new enemy my remining fatboy I moved inland away from the dangers of the battleships.

Through some luck I still had 4 Engineers, 7 Interceptors some mobile AA and my Fatboy was a 2 star Veteran allowing regeneration. What followed could only be described as a miracle.

My engineeers salvaged resources from some of the hundreds of destroyed hulks belonging to vehicles or buildings nearby. In some cases I even zapped trees for more material. All of it to get me a simple LV1. powerplant. Then I did all of that again just to build one mass extractor. It continued on, my having started over from scratch again while the big guns on my Vet' Fatboy held off attacks by apparently not-so-determined ground forces. So, yet what had to have been close to an hour after the fiasco started I had enough power to use shields again. After that I repelled multiple attacks by single Fatboys moving to attack my position as well as some air attacks and other small raids. The fast firing land battleship guns took down any comers though.

An hour later I had 4 more Fatboys, missile defense, additional aircover, and I had repaired my battleship. My new base had shields and hill top artillery and Sam's to protect it. My scouting runs discovered the the enemy must have suffered worse from my nuclear attack than I'd thought for they had done little rebuilding with the exception of their navy. Now I prepare for the great crusade, an invasion of the other shore to take back that which was lost.

The unit cap of 250 only gives me even greater strength for I can simply wait longer to build bigger behind my impenetrable shield wall of factory tanks. :twisted:

(OMG took me an hour to write that! See why I dont do NSO so often?)

EDIT2: Added nuke img.

Edited by Defender_16

I have mainly been enjoying time spent with Oblivion recently, on my 360.

That and Halo 3.

Incidentally, if you want to play on xbox live, my gamertag is my username, so if you just about know me from on here, feel free to add me, with a message telling me who you are on here!

In fact, that gives me an idea for a thread...

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...