SVN Update Log

Lavo

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brace for Impact and Sacrifice are not a shield restore, they're damage reduction and retargeting. They shouldn't have been the same trigger design to start with?

They work best when set to fire off after getting some shield damage, rather than firing off the moment they get any damage, like Sensor Scramble does. Both abilities reduce damage, the former by a flat out DamageAsDamageTarget reduction, and the latter by increasing Shield Mitigation (plus the retargeting). As well, Sacrifice and Backup Shields have always had the same autocast conditions.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

Update: February 13, 2012 | Revision: 706

Independence, Mon Remonda TargetCountPerBank for all banks increased; this should fix the issue of underpowered Alliance supercaps. Cost and build time of supercaps with a TargetCountPerBank value of 5 have been reduced; when I calculated supercap costs I was entirely unaware of this and did not take it into account. This should make it clear which supercap is a "lower tier" ship. Also increased Mediator's speed and maneuverability.

I am considering lowering the Malevolence's TargetCountPerBank to 5 and reducing it's cost, but this would be unfitting for something which was touted as the one of the CIS' best warships. As it is, in the tech tree it's listed as being the CIS' weaker supercap, but with the CnC boost and volley fire it's at worst equal to the Geo SDN. Perhaps I should change the Geo SDN instead? Looking for comments/suggestions on this.

^^Agreed with switching Geo SDN and Malevolance. Nerfing the Malevolance just doesn't sound right to me...

Yeah, I think I'll go that route. The Malevolence is really much more suited to being the stronger supercap, it even has the CnC ability, which imo is a stronger supercap ability. I have a surprise in the works for you all...

Update: February 15, 2012 | Revision: 707

May I present to you, the Empire's newest supercap, the Imperial-class Super Star Destroyer! Known primarily for one of the lead vessels of it's class, the Allegiance, built upon experience from the Tector-class Star Destroyer and the Praetor Star Battlecruiser, it boasts massive firepower and can decimate opposing fleets. It lacks it's own starfighters, but has a powerful point defense network. It is a solid addition to any Imperial fleet and is a fearsome ship on it's own.

As of now it lacks proper text/icons (using the Praetor's) and research, but this will be fixed soon. Model courtesy of Warb and EJ. Also tweaked some supercap weapon ranges, and bumped down the Torp Sphere one research level.

Update: February 15, 2012 | Revision: 709

Mandator has more squadrons and costs more supply, Mon Remonda supply cost increased, Praetor's speed (aka. linear acceleration) decreased, Allegiance costs fixed and strings added.

Update: February 17, 2012 | Revision: 710

Added World Ship for the Vong; it takes the place of the Battleship as their strongest supercap. It's the most powerful ship ingame, having health superior than the Viscount and weapons superior than the Executor. Model courtesy of Warb! Allegiance now has a mainview icon, picture, and proper research. Fixed milita's Broadside Cruiser, they will now use Cluster Missiles again (you have to start a new game for this to work however).

We're getting close to releasing the first patch for non-beta users; just have a few more minor things to take care of, it should be up by the end of the weekend.

• SWR Staff - Executive
+1 - Lavo has put in an amazing amount of effort. It's really impressive

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Update: February 20, 2012 | Revision: 712

World Ship, Allegiance have full icon sets now, the former has a really bad mainview icon though. Vong Hangar Defense has a volcanic skin now, to differentiate it from the starbase model (think of it as a "developing" starbase) and made mainview icons for both, Vong now have a loading screen picture, Mandator speed (aka. linear acceleration) boosted to Executor/Viscount level, added Vong trade port, fixed/added strings, shields for ships/modules will now no longer render (they shouldn't have done this to start with, and saves system resources).

It's almost, almost patch time

Update: February 21, 2012 | Revision: 714

AI should now search for artifacts regardless of AI type, fixed Sh'rip Sh'pa's skin, star bases should no longer rotate (outside of the Vong's), Gravity Well Generators now have shields, some other structures' health have been modified, Malatok bump map upgraded (thanks Warb!), fixed up/changed some Vong HUDs/pictures. (R713)

Cluster Warheads now functioning as intended for AI, and Vong hangar def has hud icon/picture set. (R714)

For personal reference, this is the revision 2.1E is based off of.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: March 2, 2012 | Revision: 716

Fixed Vong station's abilities, changed a bunch of HUD icons for flavor, added in new turret meshes, fixed shadows for a bunch of existing meshes, gave Tector Oppression instead of Alpha Strike, boosted Oppression, swapped MC80 Liberty Volley Fire for a new ability, swapped out Use the Force on all Vong capitals for something else, starbase trade port is only one level now (down from two), tactical structure hull boost now grants it's hull boost immediately, other changes I forget.

What's the new ability?

Sorry for not mentioning it then, was in a rush, Miid Ro'ik has Oppression, and the Ro'ik Va'lh has Critical Strike. I also removed flak burst from the Pirates' turbolaser turrets, making them now vulnerable to strikecraft in addition to Siege Torpedoes.

Update: March 4, 2012 | Revision: 717

Added CIS starbase and hangar defense models, fixed some more shadows, and scaled up the XQ-1 hangar defense.

Update: March 9, 2012 | Revision: 718

Fixed Vong Gunboat mesh (thanks Warb), changed a bunch of shadows (particularly noticeable in the Executor, World Ship, Viscount), fixed Point Blank map, added new starbase constructor mesh for all but Vong, fixed Ion Dispersal Cannon's firing animation, changed/added World Ship research item.