SVN Update Log

Lavo

Update: September 20, 2012 | Revision: 933

Refineries now produce 150% more than standard, making them useful in some placements. They also cost 4 logistic slots now. Some techs were fixed up by zoomooz, added some icon/pictures, Vong ship/module's "dying" phase has been tweaked; if you don't finish off the near-death ship, it will die in 60 seconds, denying your ships delicious XP.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: September 22, 2012 | Revision: 935

Attempted fix for Snowba11's custom maps. Changed up Cluster Warheads again, and Diamond Boron Warheads no longer require research.

Update: September 23, 2012 | Revision: 936

Fixed issue where Republic AI was producing ships it shouldn't be. Rehauled pacts, added new Huge Ring Random variant.

Update: September 27, 2012 | Revision: 940

Almost done with pirate frigates. Welcome back, after well over a year of absence (was it ever even implemented?), the Marauder corvette! It's the pirate's exclusive, basic combat frigate. It's health and main guns are equal to that of the Nebulon-B2, and I need/plan to reduce it's speed.

Edited by Lavo

Update: October 2, 2012 | Revision: 942

Removed DP20 from Empire, remade the DP20 into a multi-role/anti-fighter frigate, added DP20 to Alliance/Pirates completing the latter's frigate overhaul, Lancer's Fighter Tracking will now function as intended, Torpedo Sphere now requires research, shrunk Lambda mesh, added new Lambda and Marauder icons courtesy of GoaFan, moved a bunch of mesh and texture files around, and other minor changes/fixes.

Update: October 5, 2012 | Revision: 943

Reworked Ro'ik Va'lh. It's Dovin Basal Projection ability can stack twice; aka. with two ships with this ability the Ro'ik Va'lhs will absorb all the damage another non-Titan unit would otherwise receive. Increased cost of It's a Trap and Clone Fleet. Barring last minute changes/additions tomorrow, this will be pretty much how the first public version will be. Also added Z-95 to Pirates, using X-Wing as a stand-in model/icon.

Update: October 7, 2012 | Revision: 944

Replaced Roik Valh's Siege Torpedoes with Diamond Boron Warheads, removed some weapon tech levels from the Vong, and removed their tech 8 cooldown tech.

Update: October 10, 2012 | Revision: 951

Adjusted most new techs costs (They were too expensive)

Remove diplomatic tech 'Public Forgiveness' from all races, as the 75% reduction to race relations penalty, made race relation unimportant, which does not fit the Star Wars ethos.

Update: October 10, 2012 | Revision: 953

Added Z-95 icon, removed Labor Negotiations tech from all races, adjusted a few of the Vong's unique techs for balance.

Update: October 12, 2012 | Revision: 954

Redid masses for all ships in the CORE module, plus the Malevolence. Refineries now take two labs to research, moved Trade Comes First research into the second civilian block, Z-95 missile damage reduced, removed Pervasive Economy from all but Empire and moved it to tech 7, and some other balance tweaks.

Next revision should be the public release candidate, if all goes well.

Update: October 13, 2012 | Revision: 955

Redid unit masses for all ships, did a bunch of small tweaks, bug, and balance fixes, and Wookiee Slaves no longer has a research pre-requisite. This is the first public release for Rebellion.

Update: October 14, 2012 | Revision: 956

Fixed Acclamator II; I accidentally screwed it up last revision; of course this means I'll have to post this up as a patch. Fixed up the CounterDesc strings for all frigates/cruisers.

Update: October 16, 2012 | Revision: 957

Fixed Bulwark Mk.I; like the Acc. II, somehow something got screwed up at some point and required reversion, and removed the CIS' scouts' shield mitigation which somehow was never removed. Increased Trade Fed AFC's squadron count to 3, reduced supply cost to 11, removed mine laying capabilities. Increased Providence S-CRS (the unique variant)'s squadron count to 6, increased supply cost to 38 from 35 and other costs accordingly. Adjusted CC-9600 a bit, adjusted some map stuff, and adjusted the Pirate Base's garrison.

Update: October 19, 2012 | Revision: 960

Implemented fighter shield regeneration. Basically, shielded fighters will always have 0.5 hull regen/sec, even during combat.

The "Heavy Missile" weapon they have is merely a constraint so the passive ability which is on every planet/star works. These craft also no longer have a regen rate that can be boosted by 0, and shielded fighters without a hyperdrive (i.e. incapable of independent operation) will have their health deplete as usual when their host dies, ones with a hyperdrive will live until they are destroyed.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: October 29, 2012 | Revision: 961

Fixed the constant on and off switching of the planetary gravity well generator, updated Use the Force to work with new masses and to reflect fighter counts rather than squadrons, increased Malevolence build time, increased Mandator's firepower, reduced MC80B (Mon Remonda)'s firepower (it's now only slightly better than the Malevolence and Mandator), Defensive Tactics now applies to all ships/structures in a grav well properly, Slave Rigging range increased to 2000, fixed a glitch where building two cap of two Supercaps would disable the fighter shielding passive ability on their respective planets (a thanks goes out to GoaFan for his help with resolving this), attempted some more AI research tweaks, and updated Gordion Reach.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: November 8, 2012 | Revision: 962

Fixed Providences' Sensor Scramble abilities. While it technically did work; having it spawn a starbase constructor looked a bit odd, and made the ability less useful against human players, plus was entirely unintentional. Also added in a new spreadsheet in the macros folder, Various Ship Stats.xls, it's a file I've been personally using, so it's mainly there for my reference. Though if you ever wondered how I calculated a ship's weapons in recent months, or just want a way to look a ship's damage for real, take a look!

Update: November 13, 2012 | Revision: 963

NOTE: This release works with 1.041; I have not brought it to 1.1 standards yet (assuming 1.1 breaks things).

The short story: I broke a lot of techs in order to make weapons look pretty.

In long: I renamed/changed a lot of weapon types in order to better reflect what they actually do (not necessarily canon names). This is an incomplete list, as I'm typing this from class, however:

Turbolaser/Yaret-Kor: Your standard, primarily energy, projectile. This represents a mix of cannons/batteries of various strengths, however it always has a range of 10000, and does CAPITALSHIP damage (whenever I say X damage, it's in reference to values in Gameplay.constants).

Heavy Turbolaser/Heavy Yaret-Kor: Collection of various cannons/batteries, with a focus on heavier guns. These do CAPITALSHIP damage and have a range of 12000.

Medium Turbolaser/Medium Yaret-Kor: Collection of various cannons/batteries, with a focus on smaller, more mobile, guns. These do ANTIMEDIUM damage, have a varying firing range (usually 6000, can be as high as 10000), and some ships have fast enough turrets to target starfighters.

Laser Cannon/Light Yaret-Kor: Your standard light guns, these do ANTIVERYLIGHT damage, and tend to have somewhat long ranges.

Short-Ranged Laser/Short-Ranged Light Yaret-Kor: Same as the previous weapon type, but it has shorter range, usually having a range of 3000.

Heavy Missile: As the name implies, these are heavy missiles meant to target large ships and structures; they do ANTIVERYHEAVY damage. These are more effective against structures than energy projectiles thanks to their targeting precision and structures' immobility/slow speed. Range of 8000.

Missile: These represent a variety of smaller missile types, whose ranges are all over the place, and whose damage types are ANTILIGHT or ANTIMEDIUM.

Torpedo: This represent starfighter torpedoes/missiles. On starfighters, these are anti-starfighter munitions that do ANTILIGHT damage, while on starbombers, these anti-ship and anti-structure munitions are essentially Heavy Missiles with superior precision; they do ANTIHEAVY damage.