SVN Update Log

Lavo

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey tried to update to the latest files so i could run a test with multiple republic and cis, but can connect to the svn?

wondering if it was down?

sorry havent been able to test the multiplayer on the public release yet, my mate and i clash on times

unless someone else is available to play

The server's HDD died; this forum only came back up today. Everything is likely not back up to speed yet. I do not know, Evaders would be the guy to ask.
Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

oh that sucks :(

well running a game now although last update 2nd of april

you guys tweaked the graphics lately because im sure the republic look better.

also the republic research looks so much more in depth will let you know more.

one thing i found so far is the enemy only sends out groups of about 7 cruisers against my 5 cap ships from the start playing hard btw

you guys tweaked the graphics lately because im sure the republic look better.

Glad you like them, but we haven't done anything new for 'em.

one thing i found so far is the enemy only sends out groups of about 7 cruisers against my 5 cap ships from the start playing hard btw

That's the AI for you, nothing we can do. I play on Unfair, AI is better.

Yes occassionally on "normal" I've seen AI fleets composed of 5-8 capitol ships before I've had enough time to capture a 3rd planet. And I played a game on unfair before and had conquered like 9 systems before I even ran into the AI.

The random generator has a lot of blame with regards to how well people in general, not just the AI, can expand. To this end, I do plan to make "competitive" random maps which do not contain any planets that have Very Strong or Extremely Strong militia (ex. Ecumen, High Terran Eco). This would ensure that people aren't "boxed in" which has occurred even on the Expanded random maps.

Update: May 17, 2013 | Revision: 1043

Buffed trade port's income from 1 to 4, increased logistic slot usage from 4 to 8. This effectively doubles the income flow of trade ports. Added in two new maps, two Star Wars ones, made by husker98 of Moddb, created from Snowba11's large galaxy map. They are reduced in scale, and represent planets that were active during the Clone Wars and Yuuzhan Vong War, respectfully. Upscaled Procurator and slightly tweaked it's weapons, added a hanger point to the Venator/hangar defenses and starbase of CIS/Republic, and added more hangar points, for a grand total of 6, to the Executor and Viscount. Decreased likelihood of AI retreating from combat, reduced Endurance's cost as with the Venator. Added a new series of random maps, the "No Forts" maps, where are no planets with Very or Extremely Strong militias (ex. Industrial, Ecumen). Renamed "RandomColonizable" GSD entry to "WeightedColonizable" to bring it in line with vanilla Sins and increase map cross-compatibility for map makers. Slowed down "Slowest" ship speed setting even further, debuffed Volley Fire and All Out Attack, half the number of targets that the anti-fighter frigate's Flak Burst kills.

This post will be edited with more additions over time, until this is added to the SVN.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: May 28, 2013 | Revision: 1050

Completely rebalanced Imp, NR, Rep, and Vong supercaps. The Executor/Viscount/World Ship have had their supply costs increased, squads increased to 30, and World Ship lost Blister Burst. The Ro'ik Va'lh has had it's Yorik-ets removed, cost/supply/build time tweaked. The Mandator, Praetor, and Allegiance have been redone period. This is the first batch of supercap rebalancing, CIS and Alliance are next on the list, and after this star bases' firepower will be addressed.

Added additional squadron to Vindicator, 2 to Liberator. Strike Cruiser supply/build time increased. Dreadnaught, Imp. Dreadnaught, Defender, and Assault Frigate Mk.1's costs/supply/build time have been adjusted. Minor string tweaks, and other ability/buff tweaks related to supercaps done as well.

Update: May 29, 2013 | Revision: 1051

Adjusted Mandator's hull strength, supercap's Ion Volley, and reduced star bases' firepower.

Update: May 30, 2013 | Revision: 1052

Upscaled all ship/structure meshes in CORE, Republic, New Republic, and Vong folders by 33%, save the Allegiance and Mediator (to be re-scaled tomorrow).

Update: June 1, 2013 | Revision: 1053

Upscaled Alliance, CIS meshes. Seeing feedback on the moddb page, I will release these upscaled meshes as an optional addon, rather than as part of the mod proper, so they will all be reverted back to their 1051 sizes soon.

Update: June 5, 2013 | Revision: 1056

Redid most of the Vong's ship costs, reduced combat frigate cost by 10% and supply cost by 0.5, increased credit cost of all supercaps by 50%, fixed Vong crash issue, removed accidental inclusion of Acadamy planets in a NoFort GSD entry, and made SoGE fully compliant with Sins 1.5/DLC.

Update: June 7, 2013 | Revision: 1059

Made tactical slot star bases have the same stats as "regular" ones, buffed star base trade port income, shipyard planets (save Industrial Shipyard) no longer give planet module bonuses, but instead give a ship build cost reduction, to make them different from industrial planets. ORD and Industrial Shipyards now give a ship build cost reduction.

Update: June 7, 2013 | Revision: 1060

Adjusted some ion abilities, balanced CIS' supercaps. I'm afraid I might have made the Malevolence a little undergunned relative to it's cost/supply, lemme know how you find it.

Edited by Lavo

Damnit, I rushed that rev out too fast. Yeah, it's causing a crash, due to the ability changes I did, will fix. Edit: Somehow using regular notepad resulted in a blank space being made when that shouldn't have happened. Fixed, rev 1061.

Update: June 11, 2013 | Revision: 1063

Adjusted Defender a good deal, AI will hopefully spam them less now. Tweaked all diplomatic missions, halved supply cost of all envoys.

Update: June 13, 2013 | Revision: 1064

Lowered speed of all supercaps but Geo SDN (which was the slowest previously), reworked MC80B's stats, turned it into a cap of four supercap. The Alliance is now unique in that it is the only race that can field both of it's faction's supercaps, but still has a limit of having 4 total at a given point in time.

Update: June 13, 2013 | Revision: 1064

reworked MC80B's stats, turned it into a cap of four supercap. The Alliance is now unique in that it is the only race that can field both of it's faction's supercaps, but still has a limit of having 4 total at a given point in time.

pretty cool being able to mix and match. I built 2 of each last night, Independence and MC80B. just turn off the autocast at the supercap foundry and you can choose which you want to build.

Yup. Independence is still broken and OP right now, but it's the next, and last, on the list for a total rehaul.

Update: June 14, 2013 | Revision: 1065

Increased VSD-I/II squad count to 2. Changed Coordinated Targeting's effect, should be less annoying now.