SVN Update Log

Lavo

Update: November 22, 2012 | Revision: 964

All planets whose mines can support 3 refineries now can only support 1. This was done for balance, as refineries can be pretty powerful now; a single one can provide a considerate boost.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: November 25, 2012 | Revision: 965

Reduced Lucrehulk DCS' targets per bank to 2, as it should be, fixed crash where getting the Liberator as the NR via the free ships tech could make the game crap itself (this Liberator can build B-Wings and A-Wings without research, and has no Y-Wings because B-Wings are better in every way), reduced chance of Buzz Droid passive ability firing off by 25%, reduced Shield Mitigation tech costs and condensed their levels, fixed Bombardment Coordination stacking for absurd values, fixed Miid Ro'ik's "Turbolaser" weapon.

Update: November 26, 2012 | Revision: 966

Changed the "Faster" income speed option to be much faster; this should allow for quicker games if one desires. Following Unikraken's suggestion, I got Zombie's eclipse tool running. This revision is the result of fixes/deletions stemming from it.

Do you mean old saves are not working, or that the mod is not loading at boot? As the former is very much possible, though the latter is not; the latest revision hasn't broken the mod.

Update: December 3, 2012 | Revision: 968

Added new refinery, supercap factory, and Vong constructor meshes, courtesy of Warb. Fixed a very nasty bug related to spawning the Executor; fixes for other supercaps are underway.

Update: December 4, 2012 | Revision: 969

Fixed supercap spawning bug for all supercaps, added in stock Rebellion skyboxes in addition to/supplementing NU's skyboxes, plus some other minor fixes.

Update: December 10, 2012 | Revision: 972

Fixed supercap immobility bug for all races, increased Fast and Faster ship speeds to 3.0 and 5.0, respectfully, removed Brace for Impact and Rogue Squadron abilities from Independance, replaced them with Fleet Coordinate and Backup Shields, removed Fleet Coordinate from MC80B and replaced it with a reduced, due to balance concerns, Brace for Impact. (R971)

Added new "Quick" medium, medium large, and multi-medium large random maps. Each player starts with a High Terran Economic and a Super Magma; resulting in (on normal income settings) 79.7 credits/sec and 6.5 resources/sec. Tell me what you think; if they're decent I'll make some for the larger maps. (R972)

Added new "Quick" medium, medium large, and multi-medium large random maps. Each player starts with a High Terran Economic and a Super Magma; resulting in (on normal income settings) 79.7 credits/sec and 6.5 resources/sec. Tell me what you think; if they're decent I'll make some for the larger maps. (R972)

silly minor oversight, you forgot to add all the shipyards to the home planet for this new "quick" start thing. seems like a good idea though.

They have all the shipyards; use quick start and not normal start. Edit: What the heck, why aren't they showing up... Thanks for the bug report. Edit 2: Fixed. I've learned not to question the oddities of Sins, and just roll with them.

Update: December 16, 2012 | Revision: 974

Mines all do area-of-effect damage now (half of the full blast), passive mine detection range increased to 6500, mine sweepers' autocasting mine clearing ability will now destroy mines instead of just make them vulnerable to attack, and tweaked some game options a bit. Also, not sure if I said this earlier, but the beta only works with Sins:R 1.1 now. Edit: Just noticed that in a previous revision I accidentally added in some of the ion cannon-equipped ships. That being said, the ion cannon addition project is in full swing now, and I expect all ships and techs to be updated by the end of the week.

Update: December 16, 2012 | Revision: 976

Added ion cannons to all capital ships (save the Nebula/Rejuvinator SD, MC90) and frigates; their costs have not been balanced yet however. I'm also not sure if I've made them strong enough; for reference, the ion cannons on the ISD-II are roughly equal to around 16.7% of it's combined Turbolaser strength. R975

Added new Vong GWG and planetary shield generator meshes, made by Warb. R976

Update: December 17, 2012 | Revision: 978

Updated frigate build pages for all races. The second page is all miscellaneous combat ships, the first follows this order:

Scout

Colony #1

Colony #2 * **

Anti-fighter

Siege

Envoy

Star Base Constructor

Gravity Well Generator-equipped interdictor *

Dedicated mine-layer/clearer or muti-purpose light anti-fighter, mine-layer/clearer, and light combat ship *

*Not all factions have these ships

**This might be a fully fledged combat-capable, or carrier, ship that happens to have colonize.

/end R977

Fixed a bunch of bugs that popped up in the last two revisions, added in a new skin for the Dauntless, EJ's skin modified by Nawrocki, and a very slight tweak by myself. R978

Edited by Lavo

Update: December 17, 2012 | Revision: 980

Added ion cannons to Nebula, Rejuvinator SDs, increased their fighter compliment size. Replaced Rejuvinator's Performance Boost with the short-ranged interdiction ability, fixed ion cannon muzzle sounds not spawning. Gave Patrol Frigate the Kamikaze ability.

Update: December 18, 2012 | Revision: 981

Rehauled MC90 and Mon Cal AFC. The latter is now an extremely powerful warship with Full Squadrons, rather than being a ship with Full Squadrons that's also a decent warship. While on the whole it has around 20% less DPS than an ISD-II, it's damage is spread among two targets, rather than three, resulting in more firepower hitting a single ship in comparison to the ISD-II. On the other hand, the MC90 has firepower comparable the ISD-I/II, while having the Mon Calamari's famous redundant shield generators and the ability to unleash deadly Torpedo Volleys. Also did some other minor tweaks. With this, all ships sans supercaps have had ion cannons added to them, and now cost/supply balancing can begin for these ships.

Confirmed; one of the factions are causing an MD. Will fix. Edit: It's the NR that's causing issues. Expect a fix tomorrow (or later today for those on EST). Edit 2: Found the bug. Edit 3: Fixed, thanks for the heads up. Silly Sins acting up over nothing, as per the usual. There still are some other bugs lying around however.

Update: December 19, 2012 | Revision: 986

Added ion cannons to Viscount, Executor, MC80B, and Independence. This completes the ion cannon addition project. With this done, focus will shift towards balancing research costs again. R985

Did the last of changes related to adding ion cannons and weapon name changes. R986

Update: December 20, 2012 | Revision: 989

Around a year ago, on December 15th or 16th, I rolled out the tech cost rehaul of the time, due to concerns that tech was too inexpensive and easy to get. Now I'm rolling out another tech cost rehaul due to the opposite concerns; that tech is too expensive to bought early to mid game. It's amusing in hindsight, though now, I do hope a good medium has been found between the two. With this, some techs have gone up in price, some have gone down. For the majority of techs, I've simply taken vanilla Sins' cost for that level and multiplied it by 2, however, for Hull/Armor it's 1.75, for Shields/Lasers it's 2.25, for Diplomacy it's 1.5. Ion upgrades simply cost 20% of Lasers, and a select number of unique faction techs have different pricing.

Also attempted a fix for the Capture Neutrals issue, the TradeFed AFC and Acclamator I CRS will no longer go after extractors while in combat. Also increased missiles' shield penetration shield bypass boost (20%) and lowered it to level 1, and combined the two missile range upgrades into one. Also removed some techs the Vong weren't supposed to have; a human iirc couldn't see them, but an AI could.

R989 Edit: Removed all the PerLevelCostIncrease bits for research.

Update: December 26, 2012 | Revision: 996

The AI now has access to special starbases that come with upgrades already purchased. However, the ability costs money to use, so the AI does not save any cash by building said starbases. Mines have also been rehauled; all of them a much larger activation/blast range and do area damage to both enemies and friendlies. They are only triggered by enemy frigates, capital ships, starbases, and supercaps, but the blast from a mine also hurts planet modules and fighters. Proxy mines are stationary, but have a net larger blast radius than homing mines and are 25% cheaper. Homing mines have a smaller blast radius, but they hit targets directly, so they tend to do more splash damage in the end. For reference my personal reference, this is a release milestone and the public version that was/will be put out the week of the 24th.