SVN Update Log

Lavo

Update: August 22, 2012 | Revision: 898

Please welcome the capital conversion Alliance! Performance Boost now can only be used from level 4 onwards; this is primarily for the AI. Cruiser Torpedo Volley cooldown increased. The Dauntless also has it's own mesh now, it isn't fully rigged, as I want opinions on it (i.e. use it, do another mesh instead, etc). Metal and Crystal have been renamed to Neutronium and Lommite, respectfully.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: August 23, 2012 | Revision: 906

Halved bombing power of the Core Ship, and did some minor armor/health regen adjustments. (R900)

Fixed up Alliance capital ship's statcounttypes, increased ISD-C's speed to match the ISD-II. (R901-902)

Fixed Providence's Sensor Scramble ability; was causing a minidump on casting. Fixed issue with Backup Shields not working on some ships, and fixed Supply Ship mesh. (R903-904)

Full Squadron on Liberty cruiser now works from when it's built, Defensive Tactics changed up to be a useful ability and only works in friendly gravity wells. (R905-906)

Update: August 25, 2012 | Revision: 908

Loads of small changes, NR is nearly complete capital ship wise, and I did a bunch of changes that likely broke the Vong, so I can work on SoGE when I'm away from my main comp. Also, replaced VSD-II in militias to the Imperial Dreadnaught and all supercaps now have the supply placeholder.

Update: August 29, 2012 | Revision: 909

Fixed some strings and attempted fix for various maps due to Rebellion patch 1.04. Tell me if it works.

Update: August 31, 2012 | Revision: 912

Updated gameplay.constants, and all planets, to 1.04 standard. Completed NR capital conversion project, increased VSD-II firepower, reduced Venator firepower, and reduced VSD-I's missile firepower but increased laser firepower to maintain the same DPS. The BAC is a heavily armored vessel, nearly equal to the ISD-I, however it's total firepower is just over half of that of the VSD-I, to give a comparison. It's missile banks are purely forward firing; it's turbolasers remain tri-directional. The Battle Dragon is a unique ship. Designed by the Hapans to overwhelm a single target, it dominates in one on one battles, two of them can easily engage a single ISD. However, the moment there are multiple ships and targets involved, the Battle Dragon's effectiveness drops dramatically. Use it well.

How should we proceed if we want to don't break the mod while installing the patch?

Update to the latest revision, it's compatible with 1.04.

are there any chances for me to get the previous 909 revision as i still cant update my game to 1.04.... i used the cracked one... ha2 :lol:

No, we don't support pirate scum like you. Go away.

I think there is something wrong then, I did read right that the order of races is not important only that the core module should be last right? because we get mini-dumps when we hit the "apply" button in the mod so we do not even get to load it at all, this is with revision 912, the 6 modules, core loaded last, a very legit version of the game which is updated to current and with all the modules in the rebellion 1.04 folder.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated?

You can't use the ingame mod enabler. It simply cannot handle a mod the size of SoGE; this was explained in the new SVN installation instructions. You have to manually edit EnabledMods.txt in order to launch SoGE on boot.

You can't use the ingame mod enabler. It simply cannot handle a mod the size of SoGE; this was explained in the new SVN installation instructions. You have to manually edit EnabledMods.txt in order to launch SoGE on boot.

Thanks, I must have missed that before. Cheers.

EDIT: Even with the text doc sorted it crashed before the game loads.

My text file is:

TXT

Version 0

enabledModNameCount 6

enabledModName "SoGE Beta Reb - Alliance"

enabledModName "SoGE Beta Reb - CIS"

enabledModName "SoGE Beta Reb - New Republic"

enabledModName "SoGE Beta Reb - Republic"

enabledModName "SoGE Beta Reb - Vong"

enabledModName "SoGE Beta Reb - CORE"

and it has an empty line underneath it as pr instructions.

I even cut out the mod, reverted sins to normal, hit apply, re-copy the files back into rebellion 1.04 folder, re-launch and crash before I get the game to load.

*scratches head*

for you it is good enough to buy the original one, but for us we need to pay maybe three times or more for it due to the currency value ... how can you imagine asking your father for more than hundred dollar just for a game... :|

so the easiest way is the cracked one...

wait till i have my own income,then i'll support the publishers :)

Update: September 2, 2012 | Revision: 914

All minesweepers will now both automatically clear mines, as they did in Entrenchment, and reveal all mines within a 6000 range radius around them. I also forgot to mention that the Battle Dragon is the first ship to have "ion cannons", while I currently lack the time and resources to make it widespread and give it a unique projectile, it's second Laser weapon only does damage to shields.

for you it is good enough to buy the original one, but for us we need to pay maybe three times or more for it due to the currency value ... how can you imagine asking your father for more than hundred dollar just for a game... :|

SVN does have a fairly easy way to revert back revisions. You should be able to find it.

Update: September 2, 2012 | Revision: 916

Did a bunch of changes to most starfighters, including enlarging TIE Interceptor and Nantex squad sizes to 12. The Nantex has also been removed from the Lucrehulks, TradeFed AFC, and Geo SDN due to it not supporting the Buzz Droids ability and the AI can't understand this. Jedi Venator now can only build Eta-2s and NTB-630s. Also put in separate naming for both Providence variants.

Update: September 2, 2012 | Revision: 914

All minesweepers will now both automatically clear mines, as they did in Entrenchment, and reveal all mines within a 6000 range radius around them. I also forgot to mention that the Battle Dragon is the first ship to have "ion cannons", while I currently lack the time and resources to make it widespread and give it a unique projectile, it's second Laser weapon only does damage to shields.

SVN does have a fairly easy way to revert back revisions. You should be able to find it.

ok, got it... really appreciated it

If it isn't auto-updating, right-click Sins and go to: Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Cache

This will compare your outdated Sins to the latest version of Sins and update it accordingly.

I even cut out the mod, reverted sins to normal, hit apply, re-copy the files back into rebellion 1.04 folder, re-launch and crash before I get the game to load.

*scratches head*

I am having the exact same issue, but the mod runs if you remove the New Republic fileset. (And change the number of enabled mods to 5 of course). I guess the problem must be in there somewhere, I have tried redownloading it but it doesn't seem to fix the issue.

EDIT: Additional bug, any ship that an AI or player Yuuzhan Vong creates is instantly destroyed. It pops out of the factory and explodes immediately. I could not test the New Republic for obvious reasons but everything was building fne for the other races.

*scratches head*

I am having the exact same issue, but the mod runs if you remove the New Republic fileset. (And change the number of enabled mods to 5 of course). I guess the problem must be in there somewhere, I have tried redownloading it but it doesn't seem to fix the issue.

EDIT: Additional bug, any ship that an AI or player Yuuzhan Vong creates is instantly destroyed. It pops out of the factory and explodes immediately. I could not test the New Republic for obvious reasons but everything was building fne for the other races.

Spot on sir! you are epic. Yeah definitely something funky going on with New Republic, I removed it as you proposed and suddenly the mod works instantly no problems, which in turn is ironic since I wanted to play NR :P but better some than nothing :) - thank you very much for that information.

This also saves me from the frustration that I somehow thought I has done some installation error somewhere I could not spot. So thanks for saving my sanity along with it!

The NR works. You cannot use ingame mod enabler; this an issue with Sins' engine. I'll look into it.

I noted that the Vong was broken as of revision 908. I will be overhauling the Vong again.

The NR works. You cannot use ingame mod enabler; this an issue with Sins' engine. I'll look into it.

I noted that the Vong was broken as of revision 908. I will be overhauling the Vong again.

I am not using the in-game mod enabler, I think both he and I are following your instructions to the letter but for whatever reason we crash before ever entering the game with the NR enabled in the text file.

Without NR it seems to work fine without the aforementioned Vong issues at any rate.