SVN Update Log

Lavo

K-wing!? I didn't even know we had a k-wing model! Unless it's a filler...

It's a conversion from EaW's Warlords. Goafan helped by merging the turret with the main material and fixing up the skins; forgot to mention that. It's no filler. If you want to include HW2's Warlords, I have access to every model we need (Y-Wing, Agave) in order to "complete" the mod. I also have an Eta-2 and MC75 (to replace the MC60 filler) in ALO to convert over.

Nice work m8.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: October 23, 2011 | Revision: 639

Gave starfighters their own missile type, Torpedo, hopefully I got all the starfighter-related abilities fixed up as well. Missile and Heavy Missile damage can now be raised by a total of 25% via research, versus 10% previously. Carrack, Bayonet, Nebulon-B, Nebulon-B2, and Corona have had their main weapon and cost stats modified. Carrack now has the Frigate Ion Blast ability. Bayonet and the Nebulons have had their hull strength modified. Strike Cruiser has been temporarily removed from play; it will return later on, but much different from what it is currently. Golan III and Hangar Defense research moved to Defense tree; the former also is now a level 4 tech research. Played around with the frigateRoleTypes a bit more. The Malevolence is now skinned! Kudos goes out to the50first for getting the skin ingame (UV mapping, DA/NM skins, among other things) and to the RaW/IA2 team for the original skin itself. Added in a bunch of unit HUD icons, E/K-Wing mainview icons, and a bunch of other things which escape my mind right now.

Edited by Lavo
Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

The Malevolence is skinned? Hurray!! I just might have to play today, just to see this beauty. I am more of a Trek guy, but shouldn't this ship have the most powerful ion gun in the game? And it should turn and shoot from the side like the Akkan from the TEC. Great work all around guys..........

I am more of a Trek guy, but shouldn't this ship have the most powerful ion gun in the game? And it should turn and shoot from the side like the Akkan from the TEC. Great work all around guys..........

It does have the most powerful ion weapon in the game. Don't be fooled by it's supposed max target of one; the ion dispersal cannon hits everything in it's path to that single target. It also, at least before the addition of the new model, did in fact fire from the side. I assume that it still does, however I haven't tested so yet. Also, forgot to mention, Golan III and Hangar Defense research moved to Defense tree; the former also is now a level 4 tech research.

Update: October 26, 2011 | Revision: 640

Eta-2 Actis has been added ingame (for the Jedi Squadron). TIE Interceptor has got a new icon. Also, I am very pleased to report that I am now able to combine objects in 3ds max and then export them as a single material, in addition to being able to make an NM map from a standard EaW bump map (assuming one is provided).

You know, you oughta look at using some Warb_null models for SOGE... He's got some pretty amazing stuff out there... maybe even stations and stuff... if you can convert from EaW that is...

Here's a list of the stuff he's made... Pretty amazing.

http://empireatwar.filefront.com/developer/WarbNull;5717

Note: If any of the files give an error just refresh the page... FF (oh sorry, GF) has been doing that lately.

EDIT: Specifically I'm looking at:

http://empireatwar.filefront.com/file/Republic_Light_Cruiser;109115

http://empireatwar.filefront.com/file/Republic_Starbase;100277

http://empireatwar.filefront.com/file/Empire_Station;120065

along with assorted other ship models... I'm thinking have the research stations be replaced by one of the Republic bases or something...

EDIT EDIT:

http://empireatwar.filefront.com/file/Strident_Destroyer;118214

http://empireatwar.filefront.com/file/Blue_Diver;114197

And this for our diverse-ship-lacking New Republic

Sins of a Galactic Empire Mod Team Staff

You know, you oughta look at using some Warb_null models for SOGE... He's got some pretty amazing stuff out there... maybe even stations and stuff... if you can convert from EaW that is...

I'm planning to convert a few of his models for Sins usage. I plan to use his Harrier Frigate as the Agave/Warrior's mesh. the50first is working on the Republic Starbase. Great minds think alike eh? :D

And this for our diverse-ship-lacking New Republic

With the near-completion of the frigate fleet, in terms of meshes, the NR has a good host of ships. As well, I do have an MC75 model that I'm working on and, as previously mentioned, plan to convert the Harrier Frigate once it's dl link wants to work.

That Strident DD looks like a nice ship tho... would be nice to put that in as a cruiser, maybe replace the nebula or whatever the cruiser version is...

imo it looks very ugly. The Nebula and Rejuvinator SDs also represent two different ship classes. In addition, it takes awhile to rig stuff... I'm not willing to waste time to do this when it's entirely unnecessary.

Honestly, I think we oughta use the Blue Diver as a Cruiser (just call it a Mon Calamari Battle Carrier and use it to replace the MC60, which is underpowered as it is - you can nerf, say, the Majestic in its stead). It's decent looking, fully canonical, and frankly other than in the supercapitals the Mon Calamari Shipyards are sorely underused in the NR fleet.

You could also remove that one terrible NR cruiser (the cheap one that's just basically a bigger Strike Cruiser, can't remember name off the top of my head) and put the Blue Diver in there. It'd diversify the NR fleet much better.

It does take a decent deal of work, due to all the weapon points needed. Though admittedly, if the Blue Driver is more canonical, which it is as the MC75 is pure fanon, it would be a better fit than the MC75. Seeing this, I'll work on the Blue Driver instead, assuming Filefront wants to work with me. I haven't done much work on the MC75 yet, if at all, so it won't make much of a difference time wise. Though in terms of time, it started out during the YV war, after the formation of the Galactic Alliance, and we do call the "galaxy" faction the NR in the faction selection screen, though that's probably more semantics than anything.

Update: October 30, 2011 | Revision: 643

Mandator given a much needed boost, MC80a toned down, Planetary Shield Generator's ability is now properly boosted by research, Independence research now has supercap research requirement, Malevolence and Mon Remonda slot count increased, CC-2200 now has a unit picture, Vong Scout Ship no longer has negotiations ability, Alpha Strike/Heavy Tl Shot/Critical Strike ranges increased, Heavy Tl Shot now affects both hull and shields as it should and no longer gives a speed reduction and has a lower cooldown time, Heavy Munitions research is now a level 3 tech, and takes 4 steps of the heavy missile damage increase research as a prereq, Missile/Torpedo Salvo/Volley ranges increased, all "single level" sorts the aformented abilities, plus Alpha Strike/Heavy Tl Shot/Critical Strike, can have their ranges boosted via research (the range increase techs), minor string updates, plus other changes I don't remember offhand.

Missile abilities might not show up until Heavy Munitions is researched; this is not a glitch but occurs due to how Sins' engine works.

It does take a decent deal of work, due to all the weapon points needed. Though admittedly, if the Blue Driver is more canonical, which it is as the MC75 is pure fanon, it would be a better fit than the MC75. Seeing this, I'll work on the Blue Driver instead, assuming Filefront wants to work with me. I haven't done much work on the MC75 yet, if at all, so it won't make much of a difference time wise. Though in terms of time, it started out during the YV war, after the formation of the Galactic Alliance, and we do call the "galaxy" faction the NR in the faction selection screen, though that's probably more semantics than anything.

If you can't get it, I can grab that one too... should be on Alpha Blue

If you can't get it, I can grab that one too... should be on Alpha Blue

Thanks, though I got this one. From what I can tell... It's always the 10 newest submissions in the model category that are screwed up, for whatever reason.

Thanks, though I got this one. From what I can tell... It's always the 10 newest submissions in the model category that are screwed up, for whatever reason.

Yeah, their newer updates are screwed... ever since like a month ago when their servers got stuck... it seems like it depends on which internal server I talk to... idk... File/Gamefront is totally borked

What is Alpha blue, anyway?

alphabluemodding.com

An Empire at War modding site/forum, has a ton of free-release downloads (on par with EAWFiles, and more reliable)... unfortunately you have to be a member to dl stuff tho

Update: November 2, 2011 | Revision: 645

Ro'ik Chuun M'arh, Vong Scout Ship, and A-vek Iiluunu have been reskinned. Tell me if you like or don't like them. Supply and Capital Ship count research costs were not increased in the research cost revamp (doubling of costs), they now cost as much as they should. Sacheen, Hajen, Corona, and Prowler now have icons. I also played around with the NR and Vong icons; they won't look ugly on infocards anymore.

Update: November 4, 2011 | Revision: 646

Mandator turn rate increased. Put in new missiles for all craft, credit goes out to KrdaxDrkrun of TotalEffects for the originals. The new "Phase" missiles are actually TEC ones, I change the particle names so I wouldn't have to edit all the ship entities.

Update: November 10, 2011 | Revision: 648

Viscount and Mediator are now skinned. It isn't perfect, but is far better than the filler skin they had previously. MC60 damage increased. Capital Ion Blast/Volley abilities upgrades now increase the range by 2000 each, versus 1000 previously. A Proton Torpedo particle has been created, based off of the current fighters' missile from TotalEffects, and has been given to a handful of starfighters. Starfighters have also been entirely redone and rebalanced. Some squadrons are simply better than others, and they aren't all equal per say. The NTB630, the Republic's advanced bomber, has also been added to the game. The NR B-Wing squadron has 4 fighters to the Alliance's 6, for reference.

Update: November 17, 2011 | Revision: 650

Star base research has now been fully implemented. Star base toughness (aka. health) upgrades are fixed and now make sense. Shield and Hull restore rates of the Vong's capitals and supercapitals has been reduced. Missile research tech time and costs have been changed (decreased, except for Penetration research), and did some general bug fixes. I've also confirmed a rather vital hypothesis that will allow me to ensure the AI researches things as I hoped to be able to do; details and screens to come.

Update: November 20, 2011 | Revision: 654

NTB630 icon added. Ships now have a far greater hull restore rate penalty during combat, and now also "feel" the effects of a weapon right away, versus once every 10 seconds like stock Sins. (R651)

Vong turrets now have Vong-like shielding. I have also reduced trade ships in an attempt to decrease lag. Feedback on this would be much appreciated. (R652)

Holonet connection now requires later game research in order to be effective. Vong capital shield restore rates increased. Supercap stats tweaked; all of them have had large supply cost increases. (R653)

Modified planet being bombed timer things for health and pop regens. Also decreased the incombat pop restoration value. (R654)