SVN Update Log

Lavo

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

!!! LAVO!!!! you keep forgetting to update the entity manifest NameCount number... should be 1302 as of the latest revision...

*Facepalm* I don't get why Sins isn't giving me errors if that's the case, fixed however, for real this time.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

Update: July 16th, 2011

Sentinel now has a model, a huge kudos and thanks goes out to Nome3D for it! It also has a full set of icons forthcoming, also made by Nome3D, just need to put them in.

Hardcell max mitigation reduced to 50% from 80, Vong Gunboat's increased to 70%, and Alliance capital ship's Backup Shield TimeElapsed reduced to 10/15/20 from 20/25/30. The latter of these is really in testing; it is most certainly not set in stone and is something I'd like to get feedback on. The previous levels made Alliance capital ships virtually indestructible at higher levels.

!!! LAVO!!!! you keep forgetting to update the entity manifest NameCount number... should be 1302 as of the latest revision...

*Facepalm* I don't get why Sins isn't giving me errors if that's the case, fixed however, for real this time.

Yeah... I don't either... before it minidumped... oh well...

Sins of a Galactic Empire Mod Team Staff

Need to add "ABILITY_BACKUPSHIELDS3" to the entity manifest... man i wish i could commit right now

EDIT: and you have "entityName "RESEARCH_STATIONACCESS_5_VNGSTARBASE.entity"" in there twice

Need to add "ABILITY_BACKUPSHIELDS3" to the entity manifest... man i wish i could commit right now

EDIT: and you have "entityName "RESEARCH_STATIONACCESS_5_VNGSTARBASE.entity"" in there twice

The ability is in entity.manifest, check lines 279 and 487 (I put them right after BACKUPSHIELDS and BACKUPSHIELDS2, for reference). I'm also not seeing the VNGSTARBASE double entry, can you tell me what line that is on?

oh... nvm about that... apparently it was taking my version that I used to repair yours, and somehow combined them... It's fine... *sigh* I need to take a break. My mind is dying.

oh... nvm about that... apparently it was taking my version that I used to repair yours, and somehow combined them... It's fine... *sigh* I need to take a break. My mind is dying.

Nah, it's fine. Also do talk to Evaders about comitting, as it rather sucks to not be able to.

Yeah... he's tried to make an account like 3 or 4 times now and it still gives me a username/password failure...

EDIT: By the way, Lavo, could you remove the "lay baradium mines" ability from the missile battery (dropped by the Mandator)

It causes a MD any time you try to use it... I'm trying to troubleshoot it, but until I fix it we should probably remove that ability...

Will do. For SVN, have you tried reinstalling it, and if so, would you like to try to login using my credentials? As if they don't work, then it's clear that the issue is something on your end, possibly a firewall/router issue.

Update: July 19th, 2011

MC30c shielding and armor reduced, MC40b armor increased, Research Archive artifact now increases research speed by 5%, Jump Gate/Wormhole Travel tech now slightly reduces Hyperspace times between planets and galaxies instead of offering a useless (in SoGE) antimatter loss reduction, Sentinel now has proper icons, Harcell now has it's own Empire tree icon, and Mandator has had it's minelaying ability eliminated due to minidump issues.

Update: July 20th, 2011

Militia VSD now fires green lasers, just like the rest of the militia ships it spawns with. Maps have also been changed, the "Enlarged" series now has low-tech planets like that Medium Random trial, the Multi-system Enlarged have remained how they were before (players are simply dispersed in each system) and have been renamed "Dispersed" instead of "Enlarged" to avoid confusion. The Medium Random map has also been returned to it's previous pre-Enlarged state.

Update: July 20th, 2011

Militia VSD now fires green lasers, just like the rest of the militia ships it spawns with. Maps have also been changed, the "Enlarged" series now has low-tech planets like that Medium Random trial, the Multi-system Enlarged have remained how they were before (players are simply dispersed in each system) and have been renamed "Dispersed" instead of "Enlarged" to avoid confusion. The Medium Random map has also been returned to it's previous pre-Enlarged state.

after this update the venator texture is gone. also i have been getting crash-to-desktop since the last 2 updates maybe. no minidump message, just CTD.

after this update the venator texture is gone. also i have been getting crash-to-desktop since the last 2 updates maybe. no minidump message, just CTD.

Venator is showing up just fine on my end, not sure what issues you are having. Can you give me more details on this CTD?

Venator is showing up just fine on my end, not sure what issues you are having. Can you give me more details on this CTD?

it was the ACRS capital ship. i will try play again to make sure it was just that and not all venators. on the CTD, there are no other details. if no one else is crashing then we might assume its just my system.

edit: it's working fine now. weird, before it looked exactly like the empty texture for the MC60. not sure what the problem was.

The MC60 is not empty; hasn't been for a little while now. Though right after an update, it's not unheard of for the game to crash on the first load up since said update; this has happened to me before. Glad to see that the problem resolved itself however.

• SWR Staff - Executive
I would suggest Mantis for most bugs, as that gives us a way to track the work. For things that require discussion over, the forums are best.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Update: July 24, 2011

Sentinel shield mesh added in (forgot to add the line in it's entity file), Turbolaser/Missile Defenses (for all factions), Golan III, and Vong Starbase have all been rescaled. The Vong also have their own Hangar Defense mesh, a scaled down version of their starbase. Also renamed some things for consistency.

Updated as Lavo... Anything done by me will have a ~SDJ on the log.

7/27/11 0333Z

Added "Play Diplomacy!" string to English.str... will probably add to the other 2 when I get a chance... stupid String Not Found was driving me crazy on the dev exe.

Also working on Mandator turret platform ability and trying to debug some of the asserts that we get when running the mod... presumably a lot of our MDs are stemming from those...

There actually is a Play Diplomacy string. Or at least, there has been in the past. It hasn't ever seemed to have helped much though. :v

There actually is a Play Diplomacy string. Or at least, there has been in the past. It hasn't ever seemed to have helped much though. :v

There was a "Get Diplomacy!" string, but no "Play Diplomacy!"

There was a "Get Diplomacy!" string, but no "Play Diplomacy!"

Ahh, I see.