SVN Update Log

Lavo

Update: August 30, 2011 | Revision: 609

Trade and Refinery ships now have a small black box as a model, in order to reduce lag. Trade, Refinery, and Constructor ships have had their stats changed up a bit as well.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: August 30, 2011 | Revision: 609

Trade and Refinery ships now have a small black box as a model, in order to reduce lag. Trade, Refinery, and Constructor ships have had their stats changed up a bit as well.

Oh? I'm eager to test this!

• SWR Staff - Executive
LOL - you have been replaced by a (really small shell script).. err.. small black box...

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Update: August 31, 2011 | Revision: 610

Every faction now has their appropriate ability techs (ex. Advanced ECM) with "useless" ability techs removed.

Oh? I'm eager to test this!

I don't know how much it'll reduce lag by however; I'm assuming that replacing dozens if not hundreds of ships with a blank mesh will help things a bit.

LOL - you have been replaced by a (really small shell script).. err.. small black box...

I laughed at this.

Uh, It did not help noticeably in my large galaxy. Hum. I'll try again with most graphic set to low instead of just high... oh well. I think there's just too much ship there already...

I didn't expect a notable lag reduction... It'll help a little bit though. And yeah, you probably have too many ships already. :P

Also, work on counterdesc strings has begun. Frigate strings have all been complete, I'd add them all to the SVN but they're not on my main computer, so expect them tomorrow.

Update: September 2, 2011 | Revision: 613

Strings for all frigates have been added. Some frigate tweaks have been done; expect more updates within the next few hours, I'll be editing this post with updates, and the current revision. (R. 611)

Pirates have been notably weakened. Please tell me how they are now. Imperial Dreadnaught's Slave ability has been nerfed, like the Pirate's. Lancer and Uumfalh have been boosted. (R. 612)

Weaker Slave Circuit ability is now working as intended. (R. 613)

Update: September 4, 2011 | Revision: 616

E-wing has been added in for the NR. Shoutout to Goafan of SW: Requiem for getting this thing rigged up and making the DA and NM textures! This model is one of EJ's old Warlords ones, and ingame it is essentially an A-wing with an extra armor point. (R. 615)

Strings added for Alliance and CIS cruisers, Buzz Droids glitched fixed. (R. 616)

Update: September 4, 2011 | Revision: 616

E-wing has been added in for the NR. Shoutout to Goafan of SW: Requiem for getting this thing rigged up and making the DA and NM textures! This model is one of EJ's old Warlords ones, and ingame it is essentially an A-wing with an extra armor point. (R. 615)

Strings added for Alliance and CIS cruisers, Buzz Droids glitched fixed. (R. 616)

Been getting mini dump errors when trying to load the mod after downloading this update. Everything was working fine before. Full redownload is the only option I have not tried yet.

Been getting mini dump errors when trying to load the mod after downloading this update. Everything was working fine before. Full redownload is the only option I have not tried yet.

I'll look into this; odds are I have missed a file or something. Edit: Thanks for the heads up; I did forget some stuff.

Update: September 5, 2011 | Revision: 618

Missing files from previous update have been added and Nebulon-B has been reverted back as it should be (I was using it as a testbed for the Corona).

Update: September 11, 2011 | Revision: 620

Corona frigate has now been added to the game, for the NR. The Nebulon-B has had it's detect mines ability removed; it had it temporarily so the NR would have a mine clearer, the Corona will now preform this role until the Agave is added into the game. Alliance Heavy Gunship cost decreased. (R. 619)

Prowler recon vessel added to the game. Originally, I intended to put in the Ferret (as the model is originally for the Ferret), but it's lack of shields made it useless, even with 500 hull and the sprint ability. (R. 620)

Update: September 12, 2011 | Revision: 623

VSD II will now fire forward instead of turning to the side by default. The two side banks for the ANTIMEDIUM laser were halved and added to the forward bank, and thus not changing it's DPS. Kudos to the50first for bringing it up. (R. 621)

Botajef Frigate now will join fleets automatically and has medium armor instead of light. This was done so the AI will properly use it as a repair ship. Not sure how well this will go down; feedback would be appreciated. The Acclamator I will now not automatically join fleets and has autofire set to off. (R. 623)

Update: September 16, 2011 | Revision: 624

Hajen, Sacheen, and Agave (using the Tartan as a filler model) have been added to the game, completing the NR's frigate fleet lineup for now. Galofree and C9979 lander now cost 2 supply instead of 3, Lancer will now focus fire, Diamond Cruiser main gun range extended from 6000 to 10000 for balance, and some minor non-combat stat related changes to the Corona and Prowler.

Update: September 18, 2011 | Revision: 627

Providence (both), Venator (all), Rej SD, Nebula SD, Cluster Ship, and Miid Ro'ik (both) tweaked.|R.625

Trafed II FG turn speed increased. |R.626

A bunch of buffs fixed, frigateroletypes changed, and the repair platform can now stack twice (so two platforms can repair one thing). |R.627

Update: September 19, 2011 | Revision: 629

Buzz Droids will now cap at 200 DPS. I've also introduced a filler ship for the Siege and AntiModule frigateRoleTypes. You can see them in the Frigate and Cruiser tabs, but you cannot build them. The research for them is also invisible, the AI can "see" it, but it's prohibitively expensive. This is so the AI can function properly. Lucrehulk DCS has had it's roleType changed. Not sure how this will work; but I think it'll be better than how it's currently handled, please do report back with results.

Update: September 21, 2011 | Revision: 630

Fixed some various ability stuff; Mandator's Combat Turret can now lay it's mines again and not minidump. The error was that the mesh originally lacked a nullpoint for the ability, which I've corrected.

Update: September 27, 2011 | Revision: 631

Forgot to post this yesterday; fixed a few units which were missing and/or had no unit picture (the thing that shows up in the bottom ingame HUD).

• 2 weeks later...

Update: October 7, 2011 | Revision: 632

All cruiser counterdesc strings have been done, MC60 main guns boosted. Requesting feedback on all the counterdescs.

Update: October 9, 2011 | Revision: 633

Vong pictures for all of their ships and most of their structures have been added. Some Vong structure stats have also been adjusted. Mandator's Combat Turret now has ANTIVERYHEAVY as it's damage type, to give it a much needed boost.

Update: October 9, 2011 | Revision: 634

HUD icons for all Vong ships, bar fighters, has been added. Work is progressing on the NR HUD icons and unit pictures. As I am currently lacking mainview icons for the NR's Corona, Prowler, Sacheen, Hajen, the Vong's Cluster Ship, station, and hangar defense, if anyone can/wants to make their own, please post/send them; they'd be much appreciated.

Update: October 9, 2011 | Revision: 634

HUD icons for all Vong ships, bar fighters, has been added. Work is progressing on the NR HUD icons and unit pictures. As I am currently lacking mainview icons for the NR's Corona, Prowler, Sacheen, Hajen, the Vong's Cluster Ship, station, and hangar defense, if anyone can/wants to make their own, please post/send them; they'd be much appreciated.

After this update I had a full 8 military 8 civilian structures already built at the start of the game, and they were all on a single planet somehow. None of the logistics research was done on any of the starting planets either. Not sure if this was done on purpose or not. Does it have anything to do with the "quickstart" option?

After this update I had a full 8 military 8 civilian structures already built at the start of the game, and they were all on a single planet somehow. None of the logistics research was done on any of the starting planets either. Not sure if this was done on purpose or not. Does it have anything to do with the "quickstart" option?

This is my fault... I have a modified GalaxyScenDef for testing; it shouldn't have been uploaded. Thanks for the heads up; fixing it now. It only occurs on quick start. Edit: This has been fixed, current revision is 635.

Update: October 17, 2011 | Revision: 636

K-Wing added to the game, B-Wing damage nerfed. NR and Vong now have more names, added in HUD Icons for nearly all the NR ships, added the PSD files for my HUDIcon/Picture WIP bits, to compliment the PSP (Paint Shop Pro) current on the SVN. I do have more HUDIcon/Pictures done; will add them to the appropriate brush file tomorrow or the day after.

K-wing!? I didn't even know we had a k-wing model! Unless it's a filler...

It's a conversion from EaW's Warlords. Goafan helped by merging the turret with the main material and fixing up the skins; forgot to mention that. It's no filler. If you want to include HW2's Warlords, I have access to every model we need (Y-Wing, Agave) in order to "complete" the mod. I also have an Eta-2 and MC75 (to replace the MC60 filler) in ALO to convert over.