• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SWR Staff - Executive
I think the word he was looking for was "courtesy"

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Update: August 1, 2011

Blockade ability boosted and Asteroid Belts, Space Junk, and Comet Clouds now have 1/3rd of a chance of spawning in a WeightedRandom group, with respects to it's earlier counts. This was done as for some reason there tended to be 2+ belts per system, which goes against the intended purpose of these which is to be something that is few in number and thus extremely valuable.

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

In addition to the previous post, the Cluster Ship's Fast Tracking Turrets now fires Vong plasma instead of blue lasers, and the Providence's laser damage has been reduced by 30, and it now automatically moves into firing range of it's missiles rather than it's lasers.

Did you get time to add the map with the crew-able ship?

I'm working on that actually. After making it, it seems I made the spawn probability for phase connections too low; players are spawning without a direct link to the center. I can upload the WIP elsewhere if you wish to see it however. I'll also note that it is possible to insert ships via the GalaxyForge versus using the preassigned template; that is to say that one can simply disable the Default Template and then insert whatever ships, of whatever faction, you please, into the Graveyard.

Did you get time to add the map with the crew-able ship?

I'm working on that actually. After making it, it seems I made the spawn probability for phase connections too low; players are spawning without a direct link to the center. I can upload the WIP elsewhere if you wish to see it however. I'll also note that it is possible to insert ships via the GalaxyForge versus using the preassigned template; that is to say that one can simply disable the Default Template and then insert whatever ships, of whatever faction, you please, into the Graveyard.

I had it working with a graveyard full of ISD II and VSD. They were all inactive and then able to be captured via the ability. The problems I ran into was when you added capital ships to it ie SSD's they became active ie a local military. But other than that it worked fine. Of the top of my head there were a few lines I edited in the gameplay file to create the new required ships. That was it replace the dead_???? ships with the required ones, there may have been a second location will scratch my head and try remember later once the kids are asleep. Also not too sure which ability now needed to be added to the required ships for capturing as there was only one working out of a few that could/should of applied for it.

I had it working with a graveyard full of ISD II and VSD. They were all inactive and then able to be captured via the ability. The problems I ran into was when you added capital ships to it ie SSD's they became active ie a local military. But other than that it worked fine. Of the top of my head there were a few lines I edited in the gameplay file to create the new required ships. That was it replace the dead_???? ships with the required ones, there may have been a second location will scratch my head and try remember later once the kids are asleep. Also not too sure which ability now needed to be added to the required ships for capturing as there was only one working out of a few that could/should of applied for it.

It should work for capitals. Though who knows, as SoGE is different from vanilla. You don't need to add in ships to the GalaxyScenarioDef in order to make them work in the Graveyard, just select the entries that are already in the GSD (assuming they are in). I made those entries as, when this map will work properly, the ships at the Graveyard will be their own entities, which cost 0 or 1 supply each (this is what makes it possibly valuable to rush, rather than fortify).

Edit: The ability, which is available to each faction's primary colonizer is Ability_CaptureDead.

Update: August 3rd, 2011

Invincible-class cruiser (Republic frigate) has been removed from play; it's files still exist of course, but it is not buildable ingame and in the Mandator's ability it has been replaced by the Bayonet. This was done as the Centax is superior to it in the anti-fighter role, and as the Republic in reality did not make large usage of these light assault cruisers. The Centax has been slightly modified and has had it's AI role-types changed.

The Uumfalh is now a dedicated anti-fighter cruiser that can lay mines. The Yorik-strona/Blast Boulder has taken on it's former forward-firing light frigate role, and it can no longer lay mines. The other Vong frigates have had some slight tweaking. The CIS Patrol Frigate has had it's main weapon batteries changed, and now is a proper anti-fighter frigate. The Nebulon-B has had it's AI role-type changed. The Providence (cruiser) will now use it's missile range as it's default firing range and its' turbolasers' damage has been reduced.

Update: August 4th, 2011

I have gone and reworked all the frigateRoleTypes for frigates. This should make the AI use them better. I will do the same for cruisers once I look into the "Invalid" frigateRoleType more, and I really want feedback on this update. I also extended the range of the Trafed II FG.

Update: August 5th, 2011

ANTIVERYHEAVY now deals 1.0x damage against Heavy armor, up from 0.5x, and thus does equal damage to both Heavy and VeryHeavy armor. Some more Vong frigate tweaks.

In addition to the previous post, cruiser frigateRoleTypes have been redone, and all frigates with the "Lrm" frigateRoleType have had that swapped out for "Light". Expect the AI to play much differently now, and yeah I really need feedback on this change, as it's a very important one. Also, due to these changes, the Trafed Carrier can now join fleets and will function as a proper combat ship, rather than being a beefy colonizer (it can still colonize however).

• SWR Staff - Executive
Since the AI uses the Colonizer setting for its own direction, would this affect how the AI plays? Just wondering

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Since the AI uses the Colonizer setting for its own direction, would this affect how the AI plays? Just wondering

It means that the ship will function more akin to how the MC80 SFRS or A-vek Iiluunu are used by the AI, a ship with multiple uses (these two ships do not have the Colonizer frigateRoleType). It also will still colonize planets, thanks to the ability being set to automatically fire off. Also, it will not be autoswarmed as how colonizers usually are. The Trafed specifically will be used as a mine layer, carrier, and anti-fighter cruiser.

I've also done some more tweaking to the cruisers' frigateRoleTypes (namely got rid of all the Carrier ones, the AI wasn't using it well) and slightly boosted the Lucrehulks for balance.

• 2 weeks later...

It means that the ship will function more akin to how the MC80 SFRS or A-vek Iiluunu are used by the AI, a ship with multiple uses (these two ships do not have the Colonizer frigateRoleType). It also will still colonize planets, thanks to the ability being set to automatically fire off. Also, it will not be autoswarmed as how colonizers usually are. The Trafed specifically will be used as a mine layer, carrier, and anti-fighter cruiser.

I've also done some more tweaking to the cruisers' frigateRoleTypes (namely got rid of all the Carrier ones, the AI wasn't using it well) and slightly boosted the Lucrehulks for balance.

I am liking that idea.

^^ Me to, tbh whenever I play I also add the coloize ability to ISDII. I think most factions should have more than one colonizer.

What are you talking about? Every faction has more than one colonizer. List:

Reps: Botajef, Acclamator I

CIS: C-9979, Trafed Carrier

Imps: Sentinel, Gladiator SD

Rebels: Galofree, MC80 SFRS

NR: Galofree, Defender

Vong: A-vek Liluunu, Sh'rip Sh'pa

^^ Me to, tbh whenever I play I also add the coloize ability to ISDII. I think most factions should have more than one colonizer.

What are you talking about? Every faction has more than one colonizer. List:

Reps: Botajef, Acclamator I

CIS: C-9979, Trafed Carrier

Imps: Sentinel, Gladiator SD

Rebels: Galofree, MC80 SFRS

NR: Galofree, Defender

Vong: A-vek Liluunu, Sh'rip Sh'pa

oooops thats what those other ships do, I honestly thought it was just the gladiator for the imps. :( *feels very stuipid*

oooops thats what those other ships do, I honestly thought it was just the gladiator for the imps. :( *feels very stuipid*

I added in the Sentinel specifically so the Imps would have a second colonizer, and something that is cheap and purely for colonizing, as the AI really doesn't use the Gladiator well.

Update: August 19, 2011

Planet bombing damage for all ships has been doubled; this should make planet bombing more viable. Yorik-stronha, Scout Ship, Miid-Roik, and Sh'rip Sh'pa now have HUD icons.

Update: August 24, 2011 | Revision: 608

Missile range tech now only has one researchable level, which yields a 12% range boost, same as the previous three 4% range boots. VSD II's main laser strength boosted by 20.