SVN Update Log

Lavo

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the last couple of revisions had the AI research option showing, the one that says "you should not see this."

Forgot to move that back off the grid... Sometimes I make it visible to check if the AI is actually researching it. Will fix, thanks!

Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

Update: December 28, 2011 | Revision: 683

Flak Burst (and all it's variations) and Fast Tracking Turrets have had their ranges increased. This was done so they can actually hit fighters; previously they had absurd ranges such as 2400, fighters have a minimum firing range of 3000. I have also redone the autocast conditions for Backup Shields and Sacrifice; while they might be a bit of a pain to fire off manually now, they will correctly fire off themselves, making this unnecessary. Gave Centax Flak Burst, ISD-I speed increased and swapped out missiles for point defense lasers, ISD-II swapped out point defense lasers for missiles, Blockade ability steals more from tradeships, AI should no longer spam CC-9600s, resized trade port mesh, added in refinery mesh made by Warb, fixed Defender desc.

Update: December 28, 2011 | Revision: 684

Added in new trade and refinery ships, courtesy of Warb_Null! The stuff is in the process of uploading as I post this; it's a BIG update in terms of size, be warned.

Update: December 29, 2011 | Revision: 687

Completely redid the flak burst and fast tracking turret abilities, fixed string counterdescs, tweaked some supercaps' health, gave Vong BB CnC Boost instead of Use the Force, did other stuff that I forget. Gentlemen, we have gone gold, I am compiling 2.0E as we speak.

Update: December 29, 2011 | Revision: 687

Completely redid the flak burst and fast tracking turret abilities, fixed string counterdescs, tweaked some supercaps' health, gave Vong BB CnC Boost instead of Use the Force, did other stuff that I forget. Gentlemen, we have gone gold, I am compiling 2.0E as we speak.

Congratulation!

Update: December 29, 2011 | Revision: 688

Fixed a minor bug; I had fixed this in 2.0E already, which I sent off for distribution earlier, though I hadn't done it on the SVN yet.

Update: January 2, 2012 | Revision: 689

Changed up BDZ, WMD, and Raze Planet abilities, making each unique/different. Fixed a bunch of Vong textures' normal map. Planetary Shield Breech (superlaser) will now no longer disable weapons. Changed allegiance so that it degrades by 10% each time, lowest it gets now is 50%, up from 25%. Added in Ludo's various art, and a transparent HUD. Fixed various bugs.

For my personal reference, this is the first update post-2.0E's release.

Update: January 8, 2012 | Revision: 690

AI tweaked more, it will keep up with research now and should in general be tougher. Changed up Cluster Charges ability; autocast is turned off by default so the AI doesn't run out of anti-matter on it's MC-30s. Siege Torpedoes now damage both shields and hull. New Viscount mesh; no skin for now but have fun watching it obliterate enemy fleets. Subjugator SBB now requires Ion Dispersal Cannon research before being built; this was added in mainly for the AI. Improved autocast conditions for Backup Shields.

Update: January 8, 2012 | Revision: 691

Ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased to announce that the Viscount is now skinned. I also played with Backup Shields' autocast conditions again.

Update: January 12, 2012 | Revision: 693

Brace For Impact and Sacrifice autocast conditions modified, light cruisers now have 175 antimatter up from 150, Pirate ships brought up to standard, Broadside now has Torpedo Salvo instead of Missile Salvo for balance, Torpedo Salvo antimatter costs reduced, did a bunch of changes to Vong ships, added a new missile tech for the Reps and Vong, updated some strings.

Update: January 18, 2012 | Revision: 694

New Tector SD mesh and Alliance/NR trade port mesh, courtesy of Warb! Changed up Infamous VIP description to note it's taunt ability, said taunt will now no longer target fighters, changed Backup Shields autocast conditions again, Gravity Well Generator planet module now generates a sector-wide interdiction field, as it's description implies, added in new ability for Malatok and Roik Chuan Mara (still lacks a proper name/description, but works fine), enhanced Roik Chuan Mara's stats, boosted AAF Mk.II's armor to 2, Scout Ship no longer has a squadron and it's costs have been reduced accordingly, all Vong cruisers and capitals have a max shield mitigation of 50%, to bring them in line with the Vong's frigates.

Update: January 24, 2012 | Revision: 696

Added unique Imperial trade station mesh, Ro'ik Va'lh now has the capital ship version of Siege Torpedoes as it should, and new Vong skins, courtesy of myself and Warb.

• 2 weeks later...

Certain old ability designs I did three years ago, namely slave circuits, fighter tracking, and the passive turret upgrades, were stupid. Really, really stupid. Much grumbling at my stupidity has occurred.

Ironclad kinda hosed the planetary shield ability, it's a passive that prioritizes new applications, so all of the passive upgrades I did starting with that file were the same. What they do is continually reapply, racking up hundreds of thousands of entity creates over the course of a game, and taking about as much processing power as a large fleet in the process. In the case if Ironclads oversight, it's a one per planet thing. The downside is minimal. In the case of the turret upgrades, it was catastrophic.

The others were just a problem I thought my way around. A ship specific application was not in mind when the ability system was designed. The way I got around it was simple enough, but the method for controlling gain and loss properly was vastly inferior. Some of the more recent moments of brilliance I've had while thinking around more complicated problems for SOA2 yielded major performance gains over my previous stupidity. They keep files in residence, and use combinations of finish conditions to achieve the same results as the old method of short term repeated applications.

You can't do OutOfRange as normal, because setting up the trigger to only apply to a specific subset requires a container file to make the target ship itself be last spawner. Once it's not the buff file being applied by the spawning file, OutOfRange no longer works. Once you're stacking multiple copies from multiple sources, you can't cancel it in two stages by using OutOfRange for the container either, because you'll have two ships in range and one of them leaves, but the second ship still holds the conditions true for both end products. Doing both spawner conditions never occured to me when I initially wrote them, so now they cancel out from FirstSpawnerNoLongerHasBuff as well and the problem of duplicates being held is solved.

They both behave more accurately to design goals, and more efficiently resource wise.

Well well, there are about 20% I did not get, but from what I tested, man, this is just miraculous, psychoak! The game has never been that stable. I did not get the slightest lag in the first time since my testing SOGE. This is THE best update ever, performance wise.

Addendum:

Tested this with a heavier map, 63 planets, instead of 20. Usually, it would lag like hell. There was no lag at all! This just made the SOGE mod much more interesting in terms of playability.

Edited by MrPhildevil

• SWR Staff - Executive
Ah cool, thanks for updates. :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Update: February 7, 2012 | Revision: 701

Fixed/added some strings, increased cooldown for frigate Ionblast (this won't effect most frigates, was done to bring it more in line with the cruiser variant), some abilities now have autocast off by default (this was done so the AI does not drain that ship's antimatter quickly), Diamond Boron Missiles have a longer duration but longer cooldown now (overall boosts the ability), Probots now only autocasts outside of combat and are now featured on the Scout Ship instead of Spy, Cluster Warheads now requires research for some ships (this was done so I could implement an AI-only version that has less antimatter usage, longer cooldown, and is "activated" by AI exclusive research), increased Trafed II frigate's rate of turn, gave CIS' Trafed II frigate Diamond Boron Missiles, new skins for Suuv Ban D'Krid and Uumflah, plus fixed models for Vua'spar and Vong BB, courtesy of Warb!

Update: February 9, 2012 | Revision: 703

Fixed Brace for Impact and Sacrifice autocast conditions based off of Backup Shields; kudos for the fix psychoak! Also fixed up the Imp's Heavy Corvette so it correctly functions as a scout.