Episode II Death Star Reference...

Jahled

Guest Scathane

We haven't got that here, as far as I know...
I didn't expect so. I have a friend who lives in Switzerland and he doesn't have it. I also have a friend in Belgium, and he doesn't have it either. Must suck. :wink:
Why on earth would you compare the Netherlands to either Belgium or Switzerland? :roll:
Well . . . I am, after all, an American, so you have to ignore my ignorance. :wink: I just guessed that since they are quite close and are all in western Europe they would have something in common. :roll:
Do your states work that way???

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scathane
You guys have States that are close together and they're all in the US... So, according to the logic you unleashed on Europe, these States should have a lot in common...

You guys have States that are close together and they're all in the US... So, according to the logic you unleashed on Europe, these States should have a lot in common...
I didn't mean anything offensive (like I said, I am ignorant on this subject and made an assumption), but yes, the states closest to each other have things in common. Kentucky and Tennessee are prime examples as you can't tell the difference between a hick from one and a hick from the other. But natural barriers cause differences to appear. Virginians and West Virginians are quite different due to the Appalachian Mountains that seperate them.

Guest Scathane
I didn't mean anything offensive
I didn't take it offensively...

(like I said, I am ignorant on this subject and made an assumption)
As you are on many subjects...

Kentucky and Tennessee are prime examples as you can't tell the difference between a hick from one and a hick from the other.
What's a hick?

But natural barriers cause differences to appear. Virginians and West Virginians are quite different due to the Appalachian Mountains that seperate them.
Well, there you go! There are up to two countries between the Netherlands and Switzerland (depending on how you travel) and we've also got natural barriers between the Netherlands and Belgium, they're called Noord-Brabant and Limburg...

What's a hick?
A hick/red-neck or any other derogatory words used in such context refer to those people of the country who tend to exhibt behavior of low hygiene, usually wear dirty clothes, and some are even missing teeth. Lastly, they speak with a southern accent. An example for such an accent would be: "Hey, ya'll, wanna go git us surm vanilli puddin'?" (of course, that was all one big generalization) I am not one of these type, but am a person of big cities like Chicago and New York, but have been forced to live here by uncontrolable matters. :x

But natural barriers cause differences to appear. Virginians and West Virginians are quite different due to the Appalachian Mountains that seperate them.
Well, there you go! There are up to two countries between the Netherlands and Switzerland (depending on how you travel) and we've also got natural barriers between the Netherlands and Belgium, they're called Noord-Brabant and Limburg...
My apologies, Scath. I should not have made such a general assumption without better research. Edited by SOCL

If you're in the States, then aren't you up at an ungodly hour?
Well . . . yes. 1:13 AM Central Standard Time to be exact (I think you can tell by the lack of correct spelling, grammar, and overall quality of my posts, but I rarely have time during the day).

:?

::highs narrow to slits::

What's your point?

Guest Scathane
If you're in the States, then aren't you up at an ungodly hour?
Well . . . yes. 1:13 AM Central Standard Time to be exact (I think you can tell by the lack of correct spelling, grammar, and overall quality of my posts, but I rarely have time during the day).

:?

::highs narrow to slits::

What's your point?

No point, just wondering... It is a funny thing, though... I sort of just got out of bed: it's 8:20 AM (GMT -1) here... :)

No point, just wondering... It is a funny thing, though... I sort of just got out of bed: it's 8:20 AM (GMT -1) here... :)
Interesting. Actually, I'm going to finish listening to my CD (System of a Down CD called "Steal This Album") and right after the final track finishes, I'm going to turn in. :lol:

Guest Scathane

Interesting. Actually, I'm going to finish listening to my CD (System of a Down CD called "Steal This Album") and right after the final track finishes, I'm going to turn in. :lol:
Good night!

No, quite natural, actually...
Funny . . .

Perhpas SOCL needs to know that the world actually turns, and that it is not the sun that turns around Earth.
. . . very funny.

By the way, Trej, if you mean to imply that I must have everything revolve around me in your Earth revolving around our sun comment (symbolically, of course), then your quite mistaken. If you hadn't meant such by it and it was simply a joke I missed to understand, then ignore this paragraph.

Guest Scathane
No, quite natural, actually...
Funny . . .

Perhpas SOCL needs to know that the world actually turns, and that it is not the sun that turns around Earth.
. . . very funny.

By the way, Trej, if you mean to imply that I must have everything revolve around me in your Earth revolving around our sun comment (symbolically, of course), then your quite mistaken. If you hadn't meant such by it and it was simply a joke I missed to understand, then ignore this paragraph.

Maybe you should start all your posts with the last three words of the one I'm quoting here... :twisted:

Maybe you should start all your posts with the last three words of the one I'm quoting here... :twisted:
I'm laughing, but I realize that it was at my expense.

Oh, going to the Death Star reference in AOTC: the fact that the plans were under the control of Count Dooku and the Seperatists doesn't mean that it wa snot designed by Bevel Lemilisk. Now, that was more a statement than a question, but it can be taken either way. The point is that I do not believe what was presented in AOTC about the Death Star takes out the fact that it was designed by Lemelisk (unless Lucas messed it up like he did the whole story behind Boba Fett . . . even though I do not believe he messed it up to the point that what was written in the EU is contradicted in any way). Phew! Sorry, had to get that off my chest. :)

How did GL mess up the story behind Boba Fett?
I personally do not believe he did, but instead (IMO) [GL] added to Boba Fett's past. But it is, or at leats was popular opinion that he had destroyed what story had been established about Boba Fett in the EU (i.e. Tales of the Bounty Hunters, Tales of Jabba's Palace, etc). Many argued that GL had destoryed the idea that Boba Fett was a journeyman (or some sort of "police/patrolman") actually named Jaster Mereel (sp?) from Concord Dawn. Again, I believe that it all fits together. For example, the whole thing being called Jaster Mereel and being from Concord Dawn could simply have been a cover-up job/identity after the Clone Wars (perhaps after a possible purge of some sort due to the "bad taste" about clones after the war). Well, it's all up to each individual person . . . but it's a pretty interesting topic of debate. . . .

Guest Scathane
Ahh! I understand... Well, sort of anyway... I must admit, though, that I would have liked to see Boba Fett as a sole operator... Jango Fett did not really add anything to the story, if you ask me...

Other propose that Jaster Mereel was actually Jango Fett, one of the three men that acquired a Mandalorian armor.

As to the DS, In Rogue Planet I think it is said that the Death Star or the expeditionary battle planetoid had been designed by Raith Sienar and then a young Tarkin brought it to Palpy, later Palpy let lemelisk finish the design.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Scathane
Other propose that Jaster Mereel was actually Jango Fett, one of the three men that acquired a Mandalorian armor.
Who were the other two?

By the way, what's so special about Mandalorian armor (apart from there being only three)?
Well, the Madalorian armor goes back to a war called the Mandalorian War, which was originally suppose to be the thing that actually sparked the Clone Wars. The original idea had been the Mandalorians to be the clones fighting the Republic, but apparently that idea has been either completely discarded or been deverted into saying that the Mandalorian War took place separatley from the Clone Wars. But then again, this is recalling from information I read a VERY long time ago, so it may be anywhere from a little off to completely fiction.

So, Lemelisk wasn't the original engineer of the Death Star? :?