Episode II Death Star Reference...

Jahled

Guest Scathane

p1915

Well, the point is that official sources dictate the DS being 120 km. and the DSII being 160 km. However, as with a lot of stuff in GL's universe, this doesn't really seem to fit other dimensional stuff in the movies. It's quite interesting: http://www.theforce.net/swtc/ds/.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point to brining in Dr. Saxton's site wasn't to crush any other ideas or what anyone else thinks, but just to bring up another point of view. In my opinion, the Technical Commentaries are probably one of the most accurate sources for this sort of info (if we are to expect that GL's universe has mistakes in it).

By the way, Jahled, it's cool to see that you're a really good sport about this; I admire that!

I think the 120/160 km data seems quite accurate, but there is always the controversy.

And, Jahled, I agree that some of Dr. Saxton's info is overkill, but it does drive the point home and prove and disprove many things. Well...you know. :lol:

Fair be dude, we've known each long enough now to post without any ego attatchments! :)

One very interesting point that site raises is the question of the aftermath on Endor after the second Death Star is destoyed. That's kind of what I meant about overkill/over analysis of what is ultimately GL's fantasy. We've all seen the films Armagedon and the other one where part of the metoer actually strikes...ok, picture that with the Second Death Star exploding over head, and well Luke, Wedge, Lando, Han, and the boys might just not be dancing the Ewok two-step when this happens hay boys!

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QQDiAmsTQH3dZMSh0b5PIc5n1nZgqKMz8mXPYyfMtHX!Is*IBZqtzXrHtyy3fP*iSaD5FmHafjhm098cY4R!uVaOmt8eZ59GOoCm2BIPfOs/boom.gif?dc=4675412957912627909

:twisted:

(The cool way didn't want to work!)

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Fair be dude, we've known each long enough now to post without any ego attatchments! :)
That's true.

i]and the other one where part of the metoer actually strikes[/i]
I think you're thinking of Deep Impact.

...ok, picture that with the Second Death Star exploding over head, and well Luke, Wedge, Lando, Han, and the boys might just not be dancing the Ewok two-step when this happens hay boys!
Actually, I think Dr. Saxton addresses that matter :twisted: , but I do see what you're saying and most of the EU implies that the moon (many of us forget that it was actually Endor's moon, not Endor) is still intact and well. I think the idea came simply because he thought that that's the way it should be and didn't realize that GL didn't want it that way. Hmm...sounds like too little boys fighting. :lol:

If Palpy's DS didn't kill the Ewoks there are Yuuzhan VOng that will!!!! :twisted:

If the Ewoks could take on the Empire's best and come away practically unscathed, than the Vong should be a piece of cake right? :lol:

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Guest Scathane
If the Ewoks could take on the Empire's best and come away practically unscathed, than the Vong should be a piece of cake right? :lol:
Well..., I know quite some people here at SWR who think that Ewoks are a lot scarier than the Yuuzhan Vong... :lol:

Myself included, I won't be scared whenever I watch myself in the mirror... But those Ewoks.... Luckily our shapers have created the ultimate tool in Ewok destruction.... BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

And what pray might that be?

BTW, an object the size of the DSII would have created an ecolgical disaster of prodigeous proportions, rendering Endors moon uninhabitable for several millenia.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Guest Scathane
Hehhehheh :twisted: I like that word... unscathed...

BTW, an object the size of the DSII would have created an ecolgical disaster of prodigeous proportions, rendering Endors moon uninhabitable for several millenia.
That's exactly what SOCL's talking about when he refers to the "Endor Syndrome" on Dr. Saxton's website: http://www.theforce.net/swtc/holocaust.html

By the way, maybe that's why Ewoks are so scary: they can withstand nuclear fallout! 8O

Yep, you've cracked it Scath, that's how the Ewoks defeated a legion of crack troopers. They scared them away!!! :twisted:

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

That's exactly what SOCL's talking about when he refers to the "Endor Syndrome" on Dr. Saxton's website: http://www.theforce.net/swtc/holocaust.html
Exactly what I was about to say.

By the way, maybe that's why Ewoks are so scary: they can withstand nuclear fallout! 8O
8O Another idea for my story which includes a Corellian who believes in odds, an albino Chiss who is green named Frank, and an Emperor who is named Elvis and has a pondadore (sp?).... 8O

If hope you don't mind a quick scene from my story, Elvis (since I know it's a tad off topic):

Emperor Elvis to Frank: So it be it...Jedi.... If you will not turn, then you will be...zapped by lightening bolts!

zap!

Frank: AHH!!!! Father, please...why didn't you tell me?

Darth Dude the XXI (21st): Tell you what?

Frank: AHH!! That using the For--OW!--I could zap people with--AH!--lightening bolts from my fingers! AHH!!!

Darth Dude the XXI: shrugs Oh well, must have forgotten.

Frank: AHH!!! Father, please!

Darth Dude the XXI: laughs Spoiled brat, always whinning! Oh, daddy, help me, the mean old King of Rock is zapping me with lightening bolts! Wa-wa-wa! What a sissy!

What do you guys think? The title of the story is SRAW RATS.

Edited by SOCL

Lovely, but if you want to discuss it, you know what to do. :)

I do really like it though! :)

It was about Kyle Katarn in NJO it is in the gamin stories forum somewhere near the bottom of the page I suppose... Thread: Elivis' Story... Somewhere near Trejiuvanat's story...
http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif