Episode II Death Star Reference...

Jahled

Okay, I'll try.

In SOTE Luke leads a squad of Bothan piloted Y-Wings against the freighter that held the plans to the DSII. The freighter was not as helpless as it seemed and shot off a missle at the squad of Y-wings. Dash Rendar, who is kind of like Han Solo, tried to shoot the missle, but it's head was covered with something that deflected the shots. Half of the Y-Wings were destroyed when the misle exploded, 12 Bothans in all. That is what they mean by "many Bothans died".

Hope that cleared eveything up for you.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scathane
Okay, I'll try.

In SOTE Luke leads a squad of Bothan piloted Y-Wings against the freighter that held the plans to the DSII. The freighter was not as helpless as it seemed and shot off a missle at the squad of Y-wings. Dash Rendar, who is kind of like Han Solo, tried to shoot the missle, but it's head was covered with something that deflected the shots. Half of the Y-Wings were destroyed when the misle exploded, 12 Bothans in all. That is what they mean by "many Bothans died".

Hope that cleared eveything up for you.

Yes it did. Thanx! These Bothans were in the Rebel Alliance, then?

Errrm, not quite. They were just some Bothan slicers friendly to the Alliance, IIRC. Their head was said Koth Melan and after they got that info and tried to decode it, they were attacked by an imperial raiding party.

The novel is set between EP5 and EP6: the Emperor wants to have Luke, Vader is out there looking for him and to make Vader jealous, the Emperor gets himself a new right-hand man: the head of Black Sun (the largest criminal organisation). Well at least, that's what it looks like :wink:

Han is frozen in carbonite, Luke, Leia, Chewie and Lando try to find him. To watch after Luke first and then after Leia they hire a smuggler, Dash Rendar, who doesn't want to have anything to do with any Rebellion and is just in as long as the credits keep rolling. Kind of reminds you of something, eh :lol:

The story is quite good and you get to know, how Luke constructed his green lightsaber and how he knew to build it at all.

All in all, one of the best Star Wars books in my opinion :!:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Guest Scathane
Thanks, Mask, I'll keep that in mind if I decide to read a novel. It doesn't explain, however, WHY Mon Mothma remarks that many Bothans have died for the info as if they are a race that's braided with the Rebel cause...

Guest Scathane
Probably FEy'lya (one of the Rebel Bothans) insisted on lauding the sacrifice of the Bothan martyrs.

Mon Mothma as dumb as she is decided to mention it in a briefing

1. This answer blames an already unpopular character from the Bothans themselves, making the reason for the drama point back to the Bothans themselves, which is completely in line with their spy-counterspy mentality!
    2. This answer states that Mon Mothma is dumb.

Thanks, Trej! Finally an answer I can work with! :D:D:D

Scath as head of useless statistics we should clear if all of us SWR members hate Mon Mothma.

There could be dissidents.

Fey'lya in each book he has been pictored has always mentioned that martyrs things and the whole drama to it. His political power was bought with those deaths, and each death bothan means on more martyr and more power for him.

How much did I enjoy Booster packing that furry little alien into the bulkhead of his Impstar Deuce.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Lets just say that Borrsk is on Coruscant when the Yuuzhan Vong invade :wink:

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

At the beggining of what? The REbel Alliance? THe New REpublic? NJO?

When Borsk decided to join the Reb he didn't have that much prestige or rank it was after his group found the DS II data that he gained political power.

When the New Rep was founded FEy'lya already was in favor of Mon Mothma and he gained supporters in the Provisional COuncil and could in some extent run soem military operations. Up until the military fiasco aat Borleais, then he cooperated with ackbar and conquered coruscant. After the accusations at ackbar of treason he kept pretty quiet until the whole war against krennel, then he lay down a while until the caamasi crisis. Mon Mothma was already retired at this time and she died before the vong invasion.

Point made, Trej. But I would have thought they would have gotten rid of Fey'lya after the Katana fleet incident in Dark Force Rising . . . I mean, he held Leia and Karrade at blaster point! You would have thought someone would have wised up to what the Bothan was doing and have taken some action.

Guest Scathane
Point made, Trej. But I would have thought they would have gotten rid of Fey'lya after the Katana fleet incident in Dark Force Rising . . . I mean, he held Leia and Karrade at blaster point! You would have thought someone would have wised up to what the Bothan was doing and have taken some action.
What's this infatuation of yours with teh Katanna Fleet and Dark Force??? :wink:

Hm . . . that was rather odd, wasn't it Scath? I guess the coming back to the Katana fleet thing has to do with the fact that it involves Thrawn, and if it involves Thrawn than it's grrrrrrrrrreat! :wink:

Off topic comment (no response needed): 8O GUYS! Has anyone else seen the AWESOME banner of for Bucketheads?! With the girl stripping and showing the Imperial insignia tattoo?!? AWESOME BANNER!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sorry, I just saw it and had to make a comment about it somewhere.

Guest Scathane
Off topic comment (no response needed): 8O GUYS! Has anyone else seen the AWESOME banner of for Bucketheads?! With the girl stripping and showing the Imperial insignia tattoo?!? AWESOME BANNER!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Sorry, I just saw it and had to make a comment about it somewhere.

You're still getting a response. I had noticed this as well and I even emailed them and asked them where they'd gotten these banners or their material.... The question was never answered. :cry:

If I may add something to the many-bothans-story:

According to X-Wing Alliance, the Bothans also had to get the route of the starship that carried the plans. Before they could escape with that info, several LARGE ships loaded with Bothans were destroyed before YOU (the hero) saves them. After you get away with the surviving Bothans to Kothlis Colony, Darth Vader takes his SSD and attacks this Colony. The Colony is destroyed, and so are several starships.

Z'anthr saves the world. Sorry about the mess...

And more martyrs for Fey'lya to use, in his dweeby political struggle.

Didn't Vader only attack the Rebel Bothans, I doubt he destroyed the colony on Kothlis, Bothans wre neutral during the war, only fey'lya and other joined the reb, i guess most of the other clans were afraid that the imps would have filtered info on the caamasi issue.

Scath as head of useless statistics we should clear if all of us SWR members hate Mon Mothma.

Fey'lya in each book he has been pictored has always mentioned that martyrs things and the whole drama to it. His political power was bought with those deaths, and each death bothan means on more martyr and more power for him.

How much did I enjoy Booster packing that furry little alien into the bulkhead of his Impstar Deuce.

Maybe this should be a new poll: Do you hate Mon Mothma

1: Yes, I hate her as much as her cheesy haircut.

2: No, she was an inspirational leader to the Rebel Alliance

3: Wasn't that a monster in the Godzilla movies?

Guest Scathane

Maybe this should be a new poll: Do you hate Mon Mothma

1: Yes, I hate her as much as her cheesy haircut.

2: No, she was an inspirational leader to the Rebel Alliance

3: Wasn't that a monster in the Godzilla movies?

I'm sort of going slow on the polls... People might think I'm only posting them to get to the 2000 posts. :wink: Moreover, people might get fed up with polls...

I also know that in the game TIE Fighter, many Bothans helped in attacking an Imperial convoy and you have to fight them (and I believe the convoy had the Death Star II plans . . . or at least something related to them). I may be wrong, though, because that was quite some time ago. :?

You're right Scath, too many polls would make the members apathic towards them and your goal to get those 2000 posts.

I think those people who think that can kiss our-- :wink:

I think some of those polls are good. The Mon Mothma one would be interesting, as well as some simple ones like: "Which EU novel is your favorite?" (sectioned off into different time periods).