Shiplist

Gank

Ive Been doing some research on the Home One's identiy crisis and ive fund that here http://www1.theforce.net/CUSWE/categories.asp?page=2&category=34&type=46&no=100 they say that the Home One is in the MC-80A class.
Why are people afraid to die? It is a natural part of life. Life and Death. They go together. Some people are just willing to speed up that process.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The More I look the more i get confused

Im confident the Home One is a class of its own but its hard to tell since there all different. on the laser issue im thinking it is 92 i traced the 29 back to the official star wars encylopedia which is where everyone got that, but i found a few peple that had thoughts of a typo 29 instead of 92 because if you think about it the Home One is around 2 miles long and with only 29 turbolasers it would be almost dumb to have that much ship with that few turbolasers because the space is already there, i guess we could watch ROTJ again and see if fire comes from more than 29 places on the home one :wink: otherwise i would go with the 92 because in rebellion it would be pointless to put that much resources into a ship where you gan get 3 times that much power from a MC-80b wich would probly be cheaper.

Off the Shiplist topic where did it go after ROTJ it disappeared and the rebellion wouldnt just get rid of a ship like that, its just weird, the vanishing home one

Why are people afraid to die? It is a natural part of life. Life and Death. They go together. Some people are just willing to speed up that process.

Tsunami, yep I also read that about the lightly armed issue, but if we'd have a prototype as blueprint for a new shipclass (the Home One is its own class, I've read that too often from reliable sources), these blueprints could be optimized, don't you think :wink:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

like i said abt it being dumb to put that many resources and time into a lightly armored ship

Ah heck, ships. On the one hand, Gank is concerned about canon, on the other hand we talk about making a class of Home One, use Dominator Interdictors and ships never seen. :)

I can hardly believe the 29 turbolasers, just doesn't make sense, 92 is more logical and likely. Still not much for a ship of THAT size, though.

As for Home One being MC80a Class:

That's just not possible. The MC80a was supposed to be the standardized version of the older MC80. If Home One was described as MC80, it would be OK since they were ALL unique and of varying size, armament etc. I would believe that EVERY Mon Cal Cruiser of battlesihp size or greater at that time was designated MC80. Some logic seems to be missing, though, since the MC40 was around then, too, and it's more like a standard ship.

It's all hopeless but otherwise not very dramatic. - Helme Haffax

Englishman: "What do you think of Modern Civilization?"

Mahatma Gandhi: "That would be a good idea."

All MC80s werent unique in size and shape, theres only 2 different hull types shown at the battle of endor, most likely this refers to the internal stuff. Home1s a mc85 anywhere i've seen it given a number, dont know where it came from though, and its 29 or 92 turbolaser batteries, not individual guns. Oh and I was concerned about replacing a well known canon ship with a non canon one, but we're going to have to add a few non canons if we want to fill out the slots.

Yes, the only descriptions for Home One I saw were 'MC85' or 'Home One Class'.

And yes, it's turbolaser batteries, but an ISD II carries more of them and is half the size. Still odd.

Even i it isnt MC85 we should adapt it because it fits the MonCal scheme and sounds right. Home one doesnt sound right with he other MonCals present, and MC80i anyways think of a MC80b sized ship(forrebellion since we can not hav the size random) tatd be cool if you could have like 5 models and every time you build a MC80 its a diff model and specs

WOULD be good, but I don't think that's possible. It would eat up card space like hell, and a random model selection is very likely to be impossible due to the Rebellion engine.

IF we include the Home One Class, it would definetely have to be labeled according to Mon Cal nomenclature; like MC85.

However, I don't like the idea of introducing a class based on a unique ship. But I would welcome any opinions.

Many ship classes are named after the first ship model. But, I think it seems logical that Home One is a single ship and not in a class. Even if there were more made, there seems to be too much confusion in classifying Mon Cal fishboats. Simplify is my motto. Use the MC80a since we are all certain that it was a "standardization" of Mon Cal shipbuilding and if you want another class of fishboat, use MC85 and assume they are larger. :D

By the way...it's just not possible to have 29 turbolaser batteries on a ship that size. Unless it was never meant to see battle. No commander in their right mind would move a target that size into battle with only 29 batteries on her!! That's just suicide!! 8O

It's like arming a battle cruiser with a slingshot! :lol:

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Call the Home One an MC 85 so that we have another class of Mon Cal ship.

The Imps should get either a Sovereign Class or an Eclipse class sans superlaser. I'd go for Eclipse because Sovereign sounds too much like ST!!!!!!!! :evil::twisted:

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

ARRRGGGHHH!!!

Elvis mentioned the "Trek"!!! :x

Just kiddin' :wink:

I don't know, Sovereign doesn't sound too Trek to me...of course, the two share many names (Reliant, etc.).

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

i was thinking both but i dont really care, ships is one of the things we can all change when we want anyways

Sovereign or Eclipse sans Superlaser. I don't think we should have the Eidolon, the normal Strike Cruiser is perfectly capable, and provides a less powerful ship that might match something like the Mc40.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Yeah, who knows, it might have gone into mass production if the Rebellion hadn't happened.

Now, I haven't heard squat about fighters. The TIE Bomber should be replaced with the Scimitar Bomber. These WERE in mass production around the time of Thrawn, slated to replace the T/B. Y-Wings should also be replaced, WAY out of date. You should drop the B-Wing into the Y-Wings slot and put the K-Wing into the top heavy fighter spot. Some will disagree and say that the E-Wing should get this spot, but I disagree. The E-Wing SHOULD be added, but with a limit of 4 fighters, do you want 1 bomber and 3 starfighter types? I mean, it's up to you all of course but thats my opinion. :P

Research:

I never did like the fact that after a short time, you couldn't get anything better! I Wish there was a way to make it actually replace sertain ships. IE: When the ISD 2 becomes available, the ISD is removed from the list, thus opening another slot. But that isn't possible is it?

By day 1000, Victory class, dreadnaughts, and other old crap simply shouldnt be available for building. But the newer ships should be.2 complete build lists (mostly) would be the coolest mod that could ever be made for this game. Has anyone ever given this any thought?

About the fighters:

Look at the Cards forum; the answers to many questions/suggestions are already there.

Two lists or something like replacing old ships with newly researched ones is not possible with the Rebellion Engine as far as I know. But the idea is cool.

To make research slower, we could simply refuse to give ANY character R&D abilities; progress would then be solely depend on production.

If we want to have research, we could make ONE character with abilities for all three branches, would slow things down and force the player to actually think. Do I want better ships? Or is having advanced production facilities more important? Also it would become really lucrative to kidnap that R&D character.