Love Parade vs. FFWD Danceparade

Guest Scathane

]

All it means is that you'd better follow the unofficial 'Texas Rules for Treatment of Women', which are pretty much predicated on the fact that if you don't treat her right, then don't be surprised when the lil' lady hauls off and peppers the tailgate of your truck with a 12-Gauge. :D

Yes, but how would I know what was interpreted as right ? It's like walking a thin wire, if you ask me :wink:

You men complicate things so much, it is very simple women want respect, we want to be treated like we are capable of taking care of ourselves and you know this and respect us for it, but you still would like to do things for us because you see us as precious as a princess and don't want us to have to put forth to much effort. It's not complicated at all :wink: And don't worry most Texas women don't shoot on the first date, unless unsolicitated advances are made :wink:

"You came in THAT thing? You're braver than I thought." -Princess Leia

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'Edit' button: swrebellion.net's cheap Jedi Mind Trick.
You will forget, reading something about an edit button ...

and you will not open the closet, because there's nobody inside :roll::lol:

Hmm...okay, I think it's either the 3310 or the 3330
If it's the 3310, then it should have an infrared connection (on the upper side, where the power button is). Now you "just" need a laptop or something with an infrared module and you're good to go. That was also a factor I considered, when I bought my laptop two years ago :wink:

Now you're out on the date. How would John Wayne handle himself? Keep your hands to yourself, compliment your date, pay for everything (no matter how much she insists otherwise), hold open the doors (even for those women who only fit the term "lady" because they're female), dance with her every time she asks (and even a few times when she doesn't), don't get roaring drunk (especially not on the first date), if you take public transit, give up your seat to the lady, or to any lady/soldier/elderly person who gets on board, etc.
Yes, yes, that as well ... hmm, that is basically everything I already do at a date, except for the dancing part :lol: and that I ... talk a bit ... faster than ... John Wayne ... did. :wink:

So my shares in regards to survival in Texas are rising again, huh ?

Btw, you could get quite rich with these bumper stickers, like that guy in Forrest Gump with the .... happens sticker and the other with the smiley :D

Whoops! Well, I was in mid-post, so who can blame me? Sorry Scath! (Where has be been, anyway? )
Umm, dunno exactly. He stops by every now and then, though. I think he still runs this huge ad-campain and is therefore just busy.

Btw, don't worry about the hijacking, some of our best threads have evolved this way :roll::wink:

You men complicate things so much, it is very simple women want respect, we want to be treated like we are capable of taking care of ourselves and you know this and respect us for it, but you still would like to do things for us because you see us as precious as a princess and don't want us to have to put forth to much effort. It's not complicated at all
Hmm, complicated is not what I would associate with guys :lol:

But you saw for yourself, that with this definition, most of us simple folks will easily go cross-eyed. :roll:

And don't worry most Texas women don't shoot on the first date, unless unsolicitated advances are made
I know ... third date 8)

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

You will forget, reading something about an edit button ...

and you will not open the closet, because there's nobody inside :roll::lol:

I can't decide if that's an obscure Corran Horn reference of if my wife made that big of an impression on you. :wink:

If it's the 3310, then it should have an infrared connection (on the upper side, where the power button is). Now you "just" need a laptop or something with an infrared module and you're good to go. That was also a factor I considered, when I bought my laptop two years ago :wink:

Infrared connection? :? Ah, nope. But that's as good a reason as I can think of to get a laptop. :)

Yes, yes, that as well ... hmm, that is basically everything I already do at a date, except for the dancing part :lol: and that I ... talk a bit ... faster than ... John Wayne ... did. :wink:

So my shares in regards to survival in Texas are rising again, huh ?

Yup. :D Don't worry; I'll get you hooked up in no time.

Btw, you could get quite rich with these bumper stickers, like that guy in Forrest Gump with the .... happens sticker and the other with the smiley :D

I think someone else here in the forums had a goodie: "What would Padme do?" :lol:

You have a good point, though. Another goodie, would be: "Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson".

Umm, dunno exactly. He stops by every now and then, though. I think he still runs this huge ad-campain and is therefore just busy.

Yeah, I know he stops in from time to time, but it's like he's dropped off the face of the Earth.

Btw, don't worry about the hijacking, some of our best threads have evolved this way :roll::wink:

Yes, but at least in this forum we don't have to worry about getting slapped around for wandering off topic. :wink:

Edited by Texas_Fett

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

I can't decide if that's an obscure Corran Horn reference of if my wife made that big of an impression on you. :wink:
:lol: You know how every guy gets immobilized by the mere sight of that bikini.

Don't worry dude, I was just kidding :wink:

Infrared connection? :? Ah, nope. But that's as good a reason as I can think of to get a laptop. :)
That and that I can easily carry it to a LAN party were mine :roll:

Yup. :D Don't worry; I'll get you hooked up in no time.
:lol:

I think someone else here in the forums had a goodie: "What would Padme do?" :lol:

You have a good point, though. Another goodie, would be: "Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson".

Ok, I don't recall what the reference to Rivendell means, but I certainly recognize the name Anderson.

Also don't forget Mace Windu's classic what would Shaft do ? :wink:

Yeah, I know he stops in from time to time, but it's like he's dropped off the face of the Earth.
Yeah, but it's not as bad as with a certain someone (Elvis) or anotherone (SOCL) :roll:

:lol: You know how every guy gets immobilized by the mere sight of that bikini.

Don't worry dude, I was just kidding :wink:

Yeah, that sight is pretty much drool material for SW fans the world over, isn't it?

And as for worrying, I wasn't. :wink:

That and that I can easily carry it to a LAN party were mine :roll:

Another good one! If I make it into the Air Force I'll have to get one for Officer Training School, so that makes for a BIG reason.

Ok, I don't recall what the reference to Rivendell means, but I certainly recognize the name Anderson.

Also don't forget Mace Windu's classic what would Shaft do ? :wink:

Rivendell is from The Lord of the Rings. It's the refuge of Elrond, who in the movie is played by Hugo Weaving, who played Agent Smith in the Matrix films. In the scene in which Elrond is first seen, he is standing over Frodo's bed as he says, "Welcome to Rivendell, Frodo Baggins". So what you get with my above quote is a reference to two different aspects of pop-culture.

The "What Would Shaft Do?" is classic! I think you posted that in the 'Animated Gifs' thread, right? Man, we're compiling quite a list, here!

Yeah, but it's not as bad as with a certain someone (Elvis) or anotherone (SOCL) :roll:

Yeah, those two are good for a couple of one- or two-line posts every so often before they disappear. A bit flaky, if you ask me.

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

Yeah, that sight is pretty much drool material for SW fans the world over, isn't it?
:lol: Let's just say, that October is the best month, as far as my StarWars calendar is concerned 8)

Another good one! If I make it into the Air Force I'll have to get one for Officer Training School, so that makes for a BIG reason.
Umm, yeah, but I think the LAN thing will be more convincing :lol:

Rivendell is from The Lord of the Rings. It's the refuge of Elrond, who in the movie is played by Hugo Weaving, who played Agent Smith in the Matrix films. In the scene in which Elrond is first seen, he is standing over Frodo's bed as he says, "Welcome to Rivendell, Frodo Baggins". So what you get with my above quote is a reference to two different aspects of pop-culture.
Oh, I guess I should also watch the dvd of the first movie with the original dialogues then. The (creatively) translation of Rivendell was "Bruchtal", which would translate to something close to "broken valley", btw.

You know, the first time I saw the first movie I mistook Elrond for Sam Neil, maybe it was the long hair, missing sunglasses and snarl, that led me to that. :roll:

The "What Would Shaft Do?" is classic! I think you posted that in the 'Animated Gifs' thread, right? Man, we're compiling quite a list, here!
Yep and it's all presented on a silver tray for you, so go on, make these stickers and get rich :wink:

BBL will surely apreciate the increased frequency of massages you can afford then 8)

Yeah, those two are good for a couple of one- or two-line posts every so often before they disappear. A bit flaky, if you ask me.
Given their previous eagerness it is kinda weird to disappear for so long, given that one of them is a moderator on most of the threads. :?

Well, whereever they are, I wish them the best of luck :D

:lol: Let's just say' date=' that October is the best month, as far as my StarWars calendar is concerned 8) [/quote']

:lol: Man, did I catch a look from BBL for this little topic!

Oh, I guess I should also watch the dvd of the first movie with the original dialogues then. The (creatively) translation of Rivendell was "Bruchtal", which would translate to something close to "broken valley", btw.

You know, the first time I saw the first movie I mistook Elrond for Sam Neil, maybe it was the long hair, missing sunglasses and snarl, that led me to that. :roll:

Well, "broken valley" would be a pretty accurate synonymn for "riven dell". :roll:

Sam Neil? Okay...I can kinda see the resemblance. Sorry, but I'm a huge[/] Tolkien junkie, and I was following news of the movies as early as late 1999. :oops:

Yep and it's all presented on a silver tray for you, so go on, make these stickers and get rich :wink:

BBL will surely apreciate the increased frequency of massages you can afford then 8)

Oh, I'm sure of that. :wink: I'll have to get to work on getting a few of these printed up. Now to block off a weekend to sit on a streetcorner to sell 'em... :D

Given their previous eagerness it is kinda weird to disappear for so long, given that one of them is a moderator on most of the threads. :?

Well, whereever they are, I wish them the best of luck :D

Agreed, and seconded!

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

:lol: Let's just say' date=' that October is the best month, as far as my StarWars calendar is concerned 8) [/quote']

You guys have leia I have http://www.tythehandyguy.com/bio_set.html

[a silver tray for you, so go on, make these stickers and get rich :wink:

Oh, I'm sure of that. :wink: I'll have to get to work on getting a few of these printed up. Now to block off a weekend to sit on a streetcorner to sell 'em... :D

Go ahead I'm all for that if I got more massages out of it. I'll even help.[/url]

You guys have Leia, I have Ty Pennington

{sigh} There's another card I'll have to make for the game. :wink:

Go ahead I'm all for that if I got more massages out of it. I'll even help.[/url]

:roll: There's nothing like find the right incentive to motivate people to your cause.

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

was it a proud look or rather 'we are not amused' :lol:

Well, "broken valley" would be a pretty accurate synonymn for "riven dell". :roll:

Sam Neil? Okay...I can kinda see the resemblance. Sorry, but I'm a huge Tolkien junkie, and I was following news of the movies as early as late 1999. :oops:

Aw, wait a minute, is "riven dell" an elvish expression ?

Yep, I've never read them so far. Although I had the all-in-one volume in my hand yesterday. But I first have to finish all these other books, before I can even think of buying this one.

Or you could open a webshop, or put them on eBay, or ... :roll:

You guys have Leia, I have Ty Pennington
You know, if you color the hair a little darker and add a mustache, then that's me. Only that I'm a bit more muscular than that guy :roll::lol:

was it a proud look or rather 'we are not amused' :lol:

The latter. :wink:

Aw, wait a minute, is "riven dell" an elvish expression ?

Yep, I've never read them so far. Although I had the all-in-one volume in my hand yesterday. But I first have to finish all these other books, before I can even think of buying this one.

"Rivendell" is simply a contraction of "riven" and "dell". :wink: It's the "common" rendering of the elvish (Sindarin, I believe) name for it, Imladris. I have this nagging feeling that I'm forgetting something, though. :?

I've read the series at least every other year since I was 11. Each time I catch something new. Granted, by today's standards some of the book is rather difficult reading, but I greatly enjoy it. I envy you, being able to read the series and experience it for the first time. Seeing the movies will spoil some of it, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at many of the changes, and disappointed at others. However, I highly recommend them, and the movies as well.

Or you could open a webshop, or put them on eBay, or ... :roll:

{sigh} I wasn't seriously suggesting that I sit on a streetcorner to sell them, dude. Of course E-Bay or some-such would be better, but then I'd also have to learn to use that, right? :D I think the biggest hurdle right now would be coming up with the capital to invest in the project. :(

You know, if you color the hair a little darker and add a mustache, then that's me. Only that I'm a bit more muscular than that guy :roll::lol:

:roll: I'll believe that when I see it. Besides...{snort}...Ty's got nuthin' on me, right BBL? :wink::D

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

:roll: I'll believe that when I see it. Besides...{snort}...Ty's got nuthin' on me, right BBL? :wink::D

But of course, just like Leia has nothing on me. :wink:

"Rivendell" is simply a contraction of "riven" and "dell". :wink: It's the "common" rendering of the elvish (Sindarin, I believe) name for it, Imladris. I have this nagging feeling that I'm forgetting something, though. :?
While I thought I caught some of the Elvish words in the movies, now I'm all cross-eyed :lol:

I've read the series at least every other year since I was 11. Each time I catch something new. Granted, by today's standards some of the book is rather difficult reading, but I greatly enjoy it. I envy you, being able to read the series and experience it for the first time. Seeing the movies will spoil some of it, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at many of the changes, and disappointed at others. However, I highly recommend them, and the movies as well.
Oh don't worry, I will read it some day. I just didn't buy it now, cause it would seem that I just followed some trend that everyone follows, wether they actually like it or not. :wink:

:roll: I'll believe that when I see it.

Darn, I wanted to show a pic from the animated series with the Mask as a wrestler, but it seems like most of the images vanished from the net.

While I thought I caught some of the Elvish words in the movies, now I'm all cross-eyed :lol:

Well, you did, it's just that "Rivendell" isn't the 'elven' term for the place; that's the human rendition of the elven name for it, "Imladris".

Oh don't worry, I will read it some day. I just didn't buy it now, cause it would seem that I just followed some trend that everyone follows, wether they actually like it or not. :wink:

It could be worse...my reaction could've been more like this. :wink:

Darn, I wanted to show a pic from the animated series with the Mask as a wrestler, but it seems like most of the images vanished from the net.

Speaking of which, I ran across some .wavs from the movie that are pretty funny.

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

Well, you did, it's just that "Rivendell" isn't the 'elven' term for the place; that's the human rendition of the elven name for it, "Imladris".
That doesn't make it better (by much) :lol:

It could be worse...my reaction could've been more like this. :wink:

:lol: I'm no leader, just a member of the tribe. Speaking of heretics, have you read the Dune series ? :roll:8)

Speaking of which, I ran across some .wavs from the movie that are pretty funny.
I got the dvd, where do you think the face for my new avatar came from ? :wink:

That doesn't make it better (by much) :lol:

{sigh} You'll understand once you read the books. :roll::wink:

:lol: I'm no leader, just a member of the tribe. Speaking of heretics, have you read the Dune series ? :roll:8)

I read the first book (and saw the movie) waaaaay back in '93 during a high school "Fiction and Literature" class. It was alright, but it was no Star Wars. :wink:

I got the dvd, where do you think the face for my new avatar came from ? :wink:

:lol: No, I saw "The Mask" two or three times, not to worry. As for your DVD, is it in German or English? 'Cause I'd think it'd be weird to see a dubbed Jim Carrey.

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

I read the first book (and saw the movie) waaaaay back in '93 during a high school "Fiction and Literature" class. It was alright, but it was no Star Wars. :wink:
Oh you mean the old movie ? I don't like that one, it's way too long in some scenes for me. Try the new ones with Alec Newman and William Hurt, they are much closer to the books.

:lol: No, I saw "The Mask" two or three times, not to worry. As for your DVD, is it in German or English? 'Cause I'd think it'd be weird to see a dubbed Jim Carrey.
Oh that one has both and they really have a good voice for Jim Carrey, it's actually the same in every (I think) dubbed movie with him. The speaker's really good to imitate his voice and also has no trouble talking at his sometimes quickened pace.

Oh you mean the old movie ? I don't like that one, it's way too long in some scenes for me. Try the new ones with Alec Newman and William Hurt, they are much closer to the books.

I wasn't aware that there was a 'new' version. That's another one to add to the "list of movies I intend to eventually watch". :wink:

Oh that one has both and they really have a good voice for Jim Carrey, it's actually the same in every (I think) dubbed movie with him. The speaker's really good to imitate his voice and also has no trouble talking at his sometimes quickened pace.

Oh, so it's a quality job, then? No mis-translated titles or anything? :lol::D

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

Oh, so it's a quality job, then? No mis-translated titles or anything?
:P this time, yup. Although they didn't quite catch "Somebody stop me !!!", the translation was rather like "Oh, who's gonna stop me ?". Well, can't have everything :roll:

Guest Scathane
What's all this rambling?! Get back on topic! The FFWD Danceparade is on the 24th of August..., now who's coming? :D

We're way past that :lol:

Catch up on the other 6 pages to see how this thread was hijacked :wink:

In August I'll definately be working (cause I need a new car), apart from the fact, that techno isn't my kind of music.

Guest Scathane
Now, you must realize that I'm not the kind of Astromech who let's his threads get hijacked... 8)

In August i'll be turning twenty.... :(

And I'M the sort of Emperor who hijacks threads!!! :twisted:

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Now, you must realize that I'm not the kind of Astromech who let's his threads get hijacked... 8)

How's it goin', Scath?

Now see, if you'd read through the whole 6-pages of 'hijacked' thread, you'd know that I sort of apologized for doing it. Besides, this 'hijacked' thread is one of the big reasons why BBL is now a poster here. :D

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

Quite the achievement you must admit!!! :D:lol:

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away