SoGE Map Thread

Ludo Kressh

I have to say that fleet movement when in large or bigger planets doesn't work. it won't hyperspace to another system (there is always some unit that gets stuck, specially super caps) and if I manually control units they don't go to where I want in the planet radius (i.e. click to move right, they go forward)

I have outright eliminated all planets that are large or bigger in my maps

on another note, we could try to make something of the wiki with some info on the planets, if you tell me how to scavenge or provide the stats for each Im happy to do it

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Basically when I made the maps I made I would find maps from star wars wiki etc or books I won them read up as much as possible regarding the planets before inserting them using novacamerons planets to match best as possible. There is usually a good match in among them, occasionally if there is limit info on a planet it would be created as a terran for balancing purposes but generally I like them to be as canon as possible, I know this sometimes causes issues for the AI and in them situations I try to work a compromise.

Ok, Basically when I made the maps I made I would find maps from star wars wiki etc or books I won them read up as much as possible regarding the planets before inserting them using novacamerons planets to match best as possible. There is usually a good match in among them, occasionally if there is limit info on a planet it would be created as a terran for balancing purposes but generally I like them to be as canon as possible, I know this sometimes causes issues for the AI and in them situations I try to work a compromise.

hummm my bad, for some reason I thought that you were the creator of the planets... But yes its true that large or bigger planets don't work, there are some downsides, but actually being able to place the defences where they make sense is also a big plus

but I like your maps, I haven't saw if you made a map like the one in the awakening of the rebellion, but its a very tactical map I like it very much, its not canon in any sense, but its a good map nonetheless

The main issue with the large planets is how close they are to one and other. That said I do know of a possible solution which I plan to put in at some point.
Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

So in future maps would it be worth skipping using large/huge planets completely ? Are there any issues with tiny planets ?? Also the new sins official add on with the extra planets is that getting implemented at all at any stage ? Or did I mis-read the newest sins add-on.

No, just don't place them right on top of each other. The issue occurs when the two planets are simply too close, with overlapping or nearly touching gravity wells. As for the new Sins addon, you've misread it, no new planets will be added to SoGE.
Sins of a Galactic Empire staff.

i would just remove then outright, the only placement of structures on those planets is through automatic emplacement, for example If I want to build on the planet defensive capabilities I won't be able to effectively

there is zero benefit to them as well, you just get some more of research out of the bat, thats all