The Start

UntimelyDemise

A slight frown passed over Luke's face.

Luke: "Try to relax a little Iulan, you're very tense........ hmmm, you've been ill haven't you? A spot of the flu i think. Okay, i want you to focus on the feeling you get when you score a hit in combat."

Iulan thought of the thrill, the fear, the sadness of knowing a fellow pilot had been killed, even if he was fighting on behalf of a corrupt Empire that knew no limits to its cruelty.

Luke probed and found....... he wasn't sure what he found. He took a small step back.

Luke: "Iulan, would you say you lead quite a withdrawn lifestyle? I've only really felt this in two others before, Streen, and Kyle. It's like you're almost without the force you're so withdrawn from it. Have you ever been on the run from the authorities?"

-------------------------------

OOC: I'm going to change my last post to make this fit better, and then the four of us will go down to the area i was talking about before. First we'll find out about Iulan though. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JediIgor

I awoke. It was the middle of the night (or so my standard hour clock said). I lazily yawned, when suddenly I felt something.

Yes, there was a new force sensitive out there somewhere, and the infamous Luke Skywalker was with him.

I must report this to the Emperor himself at once.

I walk over to the holoprojector, and I key in the secret transmission protocols only the top Imperial brass knew.

"What is it?" pondered Evaders, "Ah.. it is you Igor! What a pleasant surprise. How goes your assignment?"

"All goes well my dear Emperor, we have recovered the Phobium and even got a slicer to temporarily join our cause. The reason I am holoing you, however, is because of a new voice in the force. Surely you have felt it too?"

"Yes... Luke Skywalker, but with someone else. Their 2 voices together could be indistinguishably heard across the galaxy."

"What do you suggest I do about this, sir?"

OOC: Are we all okay with involving people like Luke? I mean if you guys can have an Emperor and someone who acts like the Emperor's Hand, i see no reason why not. I want to use quite a few Jedi, but in helping roles and plot development.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

ooc: ok, lets get the hacking going...

ic: As Garth goes into the room provided for his new assignment, he is shocke by the amount of technology that is not normally available to the general public. He finds the computer and goes to see what it can do.

After about a half hour of warming up (Hacking local stores and modifying prices) he wants to see what the imperal standards on this ship are. He starts off by accesing the current duty roster and see who are the gards outside the room. Soon enough, he gets their names, James and Holiath. He wants to see if he can change thier routeens, just slightly as to avoid dection. He find the current schedule and sees that they are supposed to be relived of duty in one hour. Lets see if I can get them to come check on me... Sure enough, 5 munites later they come in and say

James "How are you doing? Do you have everything needed?"

Garth "Yes thatk you."

James "OK" as he walks out of the room

Perfect, he thought the security is not as good as me here

ooc:I have to go to class now so i'l continue later

The Force is one and all

Loor reported to Admiral Nevit and then decided to pay Garth a visit.

As Loor approached the entrance to the slicing lab, he noticed the troopers were exiting the room. He wondered what they had needed to enter the room about.

"What is your operating number?" he asked the first trooper.

"PH-449, sir!" replied the trooper.

"Well, now...tell me what you needed to enter the lab for, PH-449?"

"Sir, we received orders to check on the visitor and ensure his comfort." said PH-449.

Loor frowned. Ensure his comfort?? This wasn't the Vyretion Inn on Coruscant...Imperials did not "ensure comfort". Suddenly, Loor realized what had happened.

"Thank you, PH-449. From now on, verify orders for 'comfort assurance' with the Duty Officer."

With that, Loor entered the room. He glanced over at one of the terminals, and saw Garth quickly clear the screen. Not so much as a glimpse of guilt crossed Garth's face. This slicer was very good...

"Garth, I'm glad to see you have made yourself at home. In the future, you should ask the guards for a drink or maybe some female companionship."

Garth smiled, knowing the Imperial knew his secret.

"Now, then...down to business. We will start with a fairly simple task. We need you to locate the Rebel fleet, and what ships it comprises. Also, who is in command and if possible, the access codes to their comm scramblers. Finally, see if you can plant some false information in their systems concerning our own strength."

"Hmm...I thought you wanted something difficult." said Garth, as he began his task.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

"On the from authorities?" Iulan repeated SKywalker's words. "no, not exactly. There were some episodes with them back on COruscant, when I went to the lower, the very lower levels."

"What would you want to do there?" WEdge Antilles asked, he wasn't suprised having known Luke, Corran and other Jedi trainees, he knew that they had a knack for being in the worst possible places.

"I was lookin for infomration on the Clone Wars, my grandmother had told me some stories about my great-uncle, he was the JEdi in my family, so I wanted to know more. She told that of teh years of the CLone Wars she knew little, only that at the end of them he died fighting far away. I decided to go down there because if anyone knew about the CLone WArs he would have hidden himself there. I found a frined of my great-uncle, he told me of his death and that he had served under GEneral Kenobi."

When mentioning Kenobi, Luke wanted to say something. But ELvis spoke first.

"Interesting, but we have somethign else to do first. And you can come along."

"Yes, sir." Iulan said.

Elvis lead the way to a debriefing room, Iulan knew that it wasn't in use, and that Intelligence had been installing some equipment there.

Zag Fel was already waiting for them there.

"I brought all of you here to watch this."

Elvis punched a key and a holo blossomed up, a recreation from Iulan's raid on the Satirnaynian system was tonights show. BOth Luek and Wedge commented some maneuver. Already nearing the end ELvis paused the holo when the Corvette arrived.

"Watch carefully please."

Iulan already knew it the corvette opened the hangar and nothing came out, energy reading had been made suggesting that somethign the size of a shuttle or bigger had left the hangar. Iulan hand't seen a thing.

"nothing there." Wedge said.

"I thought the same thign still I decided to leave." Iulan said.

"You had a hunch? THat's good." Luke added.

GEneral Elvis put the sequence of the Corvette again.

Their private intel session had started...

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Elvis: "Okay Iulan, you're just getting to know our A-wings, but what if, having watched this footage i told you that some stock of Phobium had gone missing?"

Iulan: "Well Sir, i don't like the sound of that one bit. It's an essential mineral in the compounds used to manufacture our cloaking devices isn't it?"

Elvis: "Indeed it is, and from that we must assume the worst case scenario, that the Imperials have access to certain technologies that we thought only we knew of."

Luke: "Basically, what you felt was the pilot of a cloaked ship. Possibly a Force sensitive pilot, although given the energy readings and the apparent size, it could easily be a passenger in a shuttle or small freighter."

Wedge: "Elvis will be briefing the relevant authorities in on this, so for the time being we're going to ask you to keep quiet."

Luke: "Indeed, but we're going to need your silence on more than that. As a Force sensitive, we have to introduce you to the whole, well ah, MOST of our operation. If you'll all come with me."

Luke led the way that he Elvis and Wedge had walked before. Iulan walked hurridly behind, wondering at what could be going on that would allow these three to dismiss functioning cloaking devices as 'rather insignificant'. They wound along corridors, and Luke opened doors that Iulan had never even noticed on the ship, so inconspicuous were they. Soon he was in a part of the ship that he had never seen before. Returning once more to the door at which they had previously arrived before talking to Iulan, the three leaders and Iulan stood still for one final scan, and then the doors opened with a hushed mechanical woosh, to reveal......

------------------------------

OOC: Wait for it guys, hopefully Jahled will be joining the Rebels soon to help us reveal our next plot contribution.... :)

As Loor left the room, Garth thought to himsef that mabye he might not be able to do this task...No the thought I CAN do this...

The first thing he did was loo over the holonet for any messages that had to do with the republic fleet. He found 100 obvious ones. All in leters to lovedones and other personal ideas. After sorting through them, he found out that there are 3 different fleets are moving around this sector.

Next, set a program of his in motion. The program goes over random messages in the last week seeing if what is in the message is the proper size for the actual message (Looking for hidden files attached). He let that one go for the next few days.

Then he find the closest rebel database. When he find it, he decides to dig straight into the server. After about an hour he gets a passport that he can access the database and he is hiding his current location. He goes into the server to find out what his current employer wants to know. He finds that the Rebel fleet is planing a major offensive. The three fleets (ooc: someone in the rebels can name them) are going to combine to strike at a location that is classified. I'll have to come back and crack that, He thought

Then he goes and sees what the fleet is composed of. he find that there are (ooc: Rebels name the bulk of the ships...Can't ruin all the fun of the suprise) and that the fighters are classified. Odd, Garth Thought, I've never seen a level of classification that high in the Rebel database.

He goes to work on that data base. Firs he tries to see who has accesed that database in the last month. H fids out that it was accesed only 5 times, by 2 different people. Then he tries all the tricks he knows to try to get into the database, to no avail Wow, These people know their stuff. He makes a copy of the database, which took some effort so make sure it wouldn't have raised any alarms.

He sits back and realizes that he's been doing this for 15 hours. He sends the stormtrooper outside to go get him some food and drink. Five munites later he has a delicious meal and some good Alcohol. While he is eating, he compputer beeps at him. Quickly he goes to see what is is and there is a warning that someone is trying to enter the computer. Not on my whatch...

The intruder is good, he has already penetrated the first 3 layers of defence. He goes to work on finding where he is to get him off line. The person is sending their informatin through many computers. The first computer he finds, he sends it a virus that will disable the computer, to buy him some time. A fewmunites later the hacker's tracks have stopped. He goes to work onn the intruder's identity. a few munites of following the bread trail he finds the computer that's he's doing the hacking from. Garth smiles and starts to hack his computer. the defences don't pose much problem, for they are close to the ones that he designed. Only a few people have defences like that...

Suddenly Garth realizes that his friend, Bobby (the one that he gave the paper to) Has found his location. He modifies the startup message to say what he is doing and to see what he can do to get some info on his employers. Then he resets that computer. The hacker is gone from this server. Just as he turns around to finish his meal, Loor is standing there, Clapping slowly.

Loor "Congratulations, we dected the intruder in our system, but could not stop him. After we dected that he was hacking your terminal, i came to tell you, bu then i got a message that the hackes progress was halted. So i came to see how you didit.

Garth : Did he see me making that message... "What, can i say," As he wipped the sweat off his forehead "I'm the best"

Loor "Anyway, i came to check on your progress, what have you found?"

Garth Good, he doesn't know

ooc: This is where the rebels post what i have asked for...

The Force is one and all

OOC: I think I'll fill in Garth's blanks.

"I'd say that there has been quite some progress." Garth said proudly. "The info a lone would be worth a kilo of medals."

Slicers. They keep thinking that because they excel at something the whole universe is at their feet. Loor thought contemptly, he did not trust slicers much. "Continue."

"Yes, sir. There were three Rebel fleets operating in the sector lately. Most of them were of equivalent sizes, I doubt anything can actually harm your big majestical Imperial fleet."

"The specifications, please."

"Of course. But first I'll tell you that the fleet moved out of the sector, two of them are still near at hand, one at Ithor the other at Obroa-Skai. The third one, left the hyperdrive engaged for more time and now they are at the other side of the galaxy."

"The location."

"The Corellian Run, almost Wild Space. Tatooine, Ryloth, Zhar perhaps, might be even in Alzoc III or Geonosis. But that's the weird fleet, that has more flags and certain files I can't open." That last sentence came only with some difficulty out of him.

Something you can't find out. Now that's something big."The specifications." Loor ordered.

"Oh, yes. almost twelve Mon Cal cruisers various kinds from Light Cruisers to 80bs. Some Corvettes, and lots of Fighter CArriers, I will transmit a copy of the report to the bridge. The one file I can't hack is from Starfighter command."

"Keep up your work." Then Loor was gone. The now cold Arallian dish didn't seem to enticing now.

Garth sat again in front of the computer and wouldn't allow to be defeated by the REbels encrypters.

OOC: Now that was fun. [/i]

OOC: This is the Galaxy map pictured in the NJO books.

http://www32.brinkster.com/trejiuvanat/map.htm

This is if anyone hasn't been following fleet movements and stuff. Yaga Minor is somewhere in the Empire, Bastion is the Satirnaynian system. On the other side of the galaxy is Tatooine, Ryloth. Tatooine is where the REbel fleet is currently located.

OOC: This is the Galaxy map pictured in the NJO books.

http://www32.brinkster.com/trejiuvanat/map.htm

This is if anyone hasn't been following fleet movements and stuff. Yaga Minor is somewhere in the Empire, Bastion is the Satirnaynian system. On the other side of the galaxy is Tatooine, Ryloth. Tatooine is where the REbel fleet is currently located.

OOC: That map is also available in the latest Star Wars Insider (available at newstands now!) Hell, I sound like a commercial! :lol:

BTW, great job on the Role Play...you and Swarmer are doing great!

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

OOC: Now if I can just get Jahled to come and start posting we can get the Rebels up and running... :)

OOC: I was thinking what one could add to the story that would make the claoked ships seem like nothing. Either it would be absurdly brilliant, absurdly demented or dementedly brilliant. Any of them are in Jahled's area of expertise. But let's face it Jahled is Imperial, I doubt he'll be contributing to the Rebel plot....

Cadet Dury awoke to find himself in a strange dark room, while waiting for his eyes to adjust to the light, an older model 2-1B medical droid stepped out of the shadows." how are you feeling Cadet? You gave your friends quite a scare when they found you collapsed on your floor." "What happened to me? the last thing I remember is that we were all called for a debriefing and then I wake up in here." "You had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics that were givin to combat the triluuvian flu." "Well that would explain the taste of bacta that is lingering in my mouth, uh, can you tell me what planet we are over right now?" "I believe that we are over the planet Tatooine right now sir, you are clear to leave if you think that you are up to it, If that is all sir I do have other patients to tend to." And with that 2-1B left the room leaving Cadet Dury to wonder how long he had been out...

OOC: sorry i've been gone so long, work's been really busy.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

OOC:

No worries man, Jahled seemed to indicate that he would join us for a solid Imperial bashing. You gotta admit, his writing skills are second to none!

OOC: Jahled only said he would join the Rebels...gob...to infiltrate your pitiful organization...he's actually Imperial to the bone! :twisted:

Support the USA!

BTW, great job on the Role Play...you and Swarmer are doing great!

Thank you, i like to concider myself an advid role-player

Also, i can do some infltrating for the rebels - that other man the i gave to paper to may seem insignificant, but is was ment to make thing interesting. When i DM with my friends, i always throw in something small that is easilly missed so that i can trick them to do certain things...

So rebels feel free to use me - i am a neutral.

The Force is one and all

When i DM with my friends, i always throw in something small that is easilly missed so that i can trick them to do certain things...

The sign of a good DM! It's the imagination that makes role playing fun...

:D

Support the USA!

...... a distinct nothingness. The entire room was filled in darkness. Luke pushed the others back outside the door, and then locked it open.

"Wait here," he said, "you're going to want to see this."

Calmly he strode into the darkened room, and promptly was swallowed up by the darkness.

Luke stood alone and reached out with the force. He felt their presence, and the presence of the droids. He reached out into the darkness and connected with the others. Their minds so dazzling that the room was glowing in the force. Only shadows existed where the droids were. About 30 in total.

Luke felt an impulse as a droid activated, followed a microsecond by all the others. Then forty snap-hisses as lightsabers were ignited. The droids attacked valiently with built in lightsabers and blaster cannons, but they couldn't hit anything. Luke moved suddenly and became one more of the eleven distinct blurs within the room.

Lightsabers thrummed and crackled, and droid parts dropped all over the room. It was over soon.

The lights came back on to reveal an astounded trio at the door.

Luke: "Computer, how long this time?"

Computer: "From activation of the droids, until the last mechanical part his the floor.... 0.76 seconds Master Skywalker. A new record."

Luke glanced at the trio by the door, they were staring, but not at Luke. Wedge an Elvis were staring open-mouthed at the ten other men, but Iulan displayed the most emotional reaction. Staring only at one man, his mouth struggled to make the words come out.....

Iulan: "Gra... Grand.... Grandad? They, they said you died. I don't understand. But, but you look younger, wha, why?"

Iulor: "Yes Iulan, it's me. Not dead, younger, one of the side - effects f our journey."

Iulan: "Journey, what journey?"

Luke: "Guys, you're looking at the ten Jedi that served as the crew in the Outward Bound Flight Project."

OOC: :)

OOC: We're set during the Thrawn period in terms of time, although we don't have to stick to the events at all that are currently happening, but we're aiming to keep to the history.

By the way, the revelation of the Outward Bound Flight project is not available for slicing. That may or may not change depending on where the story goes, and how involved they become. Thank you. :)

OOC: I think I'm going to sit back and listen for a while...I'm truly intrigued about this new development! But there is going to have to be one hell of a good explanation of this! :lol:

Support the USA!

"Actually we were eleven, but I guess I don't need to tell you that during our little ...um... battle in the unknown regions, we lost Jorus, what the blue-skins wanted from him, we can just guess. I must say you look young good too, Iulan." GRandad said, the man had a strong muscular built, but the magnificence of old.

Iulan taken aback by the comment hesitated in his answer, Grandad had assisted at the same time his grand-uncle did to the training center on Kamparas. "I haven't ever been any older."

"You aren't Iulan Stora?"

"No, I am Iulan S'Tor, the one you refer was my granduncle."

Grandad said nothing for a long moment.

"I'm sorry, he was a great warrior, you look like him. Do you know how he died?"

"no, not exactly. One rumor said that he died fighting a Dark Jedi, nearing the end of the Clone Wars."

"To be precise it was of the same group of dark Jedi that were killed by Nejaa Halcyon on Susefsvi, Iulan Stora died on Rhodhanvia." Luke added putting an end to the discussion. From his robes though, he brought a cylindric shaped object.

"This is courtesy of the Galactic Museum, a while Corran Horn was tehre and found a forbidden Jedi section. There were mementos in honor of death Jedi. Twenty-four lightsabers belonged to this collection, three worked, Corran's, another and yours."

Iulan remianed silent, despite the urge to ask thousand questions about the man he resembled to, Luke's information on him, which he had kept for himself, and what Grandad and the other Jedi might tell him.

Elvis cleared his throat. "Gentlebeings, please."

The pilots, and the Jedi both went into another debriefing room.

"Iulan, I suppose your maths are up the calculation." Elvis said.

Iulan knew what Elvis meant, ten Jedi, Luke and him. One complete Jedi squadron, plus Elvis squadron, and guessing from Wedge's presence, Rogue Squadron too, which as Wedge said had another Force-sensitive, Corran Horn.

"One Jedi squadron, the Rogues, and Shadow Squad. My maths tell me that the sum of it is lots of trouble for the imps. After all we have the factor of cloaked ships."

"Oh," Wedge said as one who remembers a thing he had forgotten. "I'm trying to get the Wraiths into the equation too."

"That's four squadron, that's the capacity of the MC-80b here, isn't it? This must have been going on for quiet some time." ulan concluded.

"Yes, why do you think we traveled from one corner of the galaxy to another. You yourself sensed something in Satirnaynian, that might be an Imp Force-user who could simply detect our dozen Jedi with ease. The Force, as Luke tells me, knows no barrier but its effect can be diminished by distance. Tatooine has a turbulent presence in the Force, it was after all the hiding-place of Obi-Wan Kenobi, and the birthplace of Anakin Skywalker as Grandad tells us. Unlike the Force reservoirs in Coruscant, Tatooine is more like a storm in the Force, clouded by the effects of past moments," Elvis explained.

Iulan glanced at the group with a new understading what this war was all about.