The Start

UntimelyDemise

OOC: I haven't finalised it yet, but i'm not going to make it into some sort of event that totally trashes the Imperials, just something fun and interesting.........i hope... :twisted:

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Ummm...the Imperials may have something up their sleeves also! :D To be fair, we should be victorious in some encounters...not just Alliance victories over and over. That could get kinda dull... :?

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Elvis strode into the debriefing chamber...

Elvis: "Okay ladies and gentlemen, don't get excited. I realise that was the combat debut for the squadron, and we didn't lose anybody to enemy fire. Seven is down with the Triluuvian Flu, but Hechtman is stepping in to fill the gap.

Now, i said don't excited, here's the reason, most of the fleet seems to think we won, but we didn't, we lost big time. We're alive, yes, i'll grant you that. BUT, we lost, big time, we've lost our footing in that sector, we've had to withdraw our fleet, we're going back to Tatooine and our 'friends'. However that's nothing compared to our squadron level defeat. After this engagement, we have to assume that the Imperials worked out our trick, we can't risk not doing so. This means that they're going to be looking for us. We failed to take out either of the two ships, and we suspect they may have gotten a data dump from at least part of the corvette's mainframe.

In summary guys, we're in trouble, whatever advantage we had before in terms of surprise has been lost in an unlucky and relatively worthless engagement. The Imps are going to search for us, long and hard. We're back on the run folks."

-----------------------------------------------------------

OOC: That do you Untimely? I'd say that the last was a draw, and the Rebels were lucky at that. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Yaou abd Mabak were on foot looking for the trader Gotek, defences were heavy getting in and chances are we wouldent get otu alive if discovered, the Silverback had to be completely shut down and docked for three days. These rebels are strict here whatever this planet has on it must be worth a lot. Yaou was thinking as Mabak said "lets ask around in a few pubs for him."

Yaou, "Sounds Good to me, ill ask around, you just watch for trouble."

Mabak, "Ill Be right here" picking a booth in the corner that he could watch the bar.

Yaou walked up to the bar and asked a scruffy human of any cargo jobs

Human, "Well mister, we got Higo over thare can hook ya up to jus bout anyone for whatever job you want otherwise theres a cargo distibution center jus outside the city"

Yaou, "Bartender, Get my friend a drink and ill have one for myself." as the strange brown beverage arrived arrived he thanked the man and went over to have a word with Higo, "Higo"

"What Stranger"

"I Hear you can get me some work?" Stated Yaou

"Whats in it for me"

"Name your price?" asked Yaou

"I won take no credits"

"How about these?" Said Yaou as he bulled two kayt pearls out of his jackets interior pocket.

"What Kind of work you interested in?" As he eyed the pearls.

"Im looking for Gotek"

"Hell be in the night club down the street soutward after 4"as he grabbed the pearls.

"Since I paid you so much, where can i find an outfitter where i can get some stuff to fix my ship?" Being there sensor array got smashed they might as well fix it before they meet Gotek.

"there be a few close by the spaceprt no more ill say."

Yau turned back to the door and went outside when he was soon met by Mabak.

"Where did you get those pearls!" mabak exclaimed

"souvenier i found when the silverback was being refitted, won one in a game of chance, and got the other since the pilot couldnt pay the wager, he wont find out there fake til there under a microscope, and i wont be back here anyway." as they headed to the spaceport

Why are people afraid to die? It is a natural part of life. Life and Death. They go together. Some people are just willing to speed up that process.

OOC: Thanks, Elvis! I wasn't whining, though...you guys got the best of us that last time, but we'll be a little more ready next time! :twisted:

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

OOC: Hah! That's what you think, you don't know who our 'friends' are, or my mystery contact. Actually the basis for what i'm doing comes from a short story i wrote several years ago, and fits in quite nicely with the time period we're using.... but i shall say no more.... until the time is ready.... :twisted:

Not far away, Garth walks into a crowded bar. He goes to the bar and orders some Correlian (ooc: i cant spell many things please excuse me) wisky. He notices his contact sitting in a booth in the corner, all alone. He casually walks over to the booth Brushing a few people along the way. The band starts playing a waltz, one that he realizes he likes. His pace changes to match the waltz.

A very pretty woman comes up and askes him to dance. He can't say no to such a beautiful lady, besides, he loves this song. They go through a series ov movements when he feels a hand in his pocket. He casually dips her to see who's hand was in his pocket. No one is withen arms reach so he just finishes the dance and the girl leaves. He reaches into his pocket as he followes the woman. There is an extra datapad in there, but other than that nothing else hasa changed in his pocket. Some one was trying to get him some information.

He goes back to his hotel room and scans for bugs. He find one in the corner bet decides to leave it there for now. He reads the datapad in the bathroom, which is clean of bugs. It says that the imperials are trying to find him again. He sigs and decides to go find out why and then modify thoes reasons. He checks out the bug in the corner and decides that it is an audio only bug. He unpacks his special computer - which he built for hacking into things. He sets a program that he built to hide where he is. After a little while it's ready. He acceses the imperial network, first at a low level of security, once he has a fairly high level of security he looks up his name in the pending bounties. He finds that his name has been erased, curious he hack into the bounties hat have been taken. he finds that his name has been "Pardened". Just then he hears a knock at the door. He quickly shuts of the comuter then unplugs the network connection. He goes to the door and sees that a imperial officer is there. Just to see that this man is not here for him he asks who it is. The man says...

OOC: this is a chance for someone form the imperials to use my skills and the rebels to find out stuff about the imps

The Force is one and all

OOC: :P (to Elvis)

:lol:

IC:

Loor gasped as he saw the reinforcement list scroll down the screen. He counted 8 Imperial Star Destroyers, 4 Victory Class Cruisers and 15 other support ships. When Imperial Fleet Command decided to do something, they did it with class.

Reports were also coming in from the deep cover spies that the Rebel fleet was reforming, but reports of where were still unclear. Loor hoped the envoy he had sent to this mysterious "Garth" would prove fruitful. He needed information, and though he hated dealing with neutrals, Loor felt that was the only way to gather intelligence in this case.

The coming weeks would bring death. Loor could only hope the Rebels felt the sting first.

OOC: I'm stuck on a ISD :) ...can an Imperial jump in as my "envoy" to speak with Swarmer?

Support the USA!

ooc - makes sense to me - you could also send me a personal message that will inform me of secret actions. The envoy could give me a message to meet you at a certain set of coordanets. Sorta lika a personal messenger just gave me a data pad with a set of coordinates...
The Force is one and all

Yaou inspected their work one final time when the com started flashing "Yaou, Mabak Come in. This is the..." it was a recording o Loor Telling us to contact him imediately "You can try and get him." Yaou told Mabak. Yaou's mind wa still on the ship. The shieds should be working again but cannot be tested here, the com was fixed, since Mabak was on it. The Fuzzy dice fit in, I thought they wouldnt bu they were free with some promotion the dealer had, and there are now to remote wires to all the guns now controllable by one joystick or two, actually the one joystick mode doesnt work yet, that requires some programming skills that I and Mabak need more time on.

"Yaou, Mabak" It was Loor over the Holoprojector.

"Colonel" Said Yaou and Mabak with a Salute.

"I want you to do one other thing" Loor Started.

Yaou, "Yes"

Loor, "Before you return I want you to get someone, there is a man by the name of Garth, he is in the same city as you by some sort of intelligence or chance, we would like the use of his services so bring him ALIVE AND WILLING, he will be at Galactic Travelers in room 278. Upon hearing Your names He should let you in."

Yaou, "Yes, Sir" At that Loors image cut out.

Yaou, "Lets go talk to Gotek."

.................................................................................................

Yaou walked up to the bartender and laid a credit on the table, "Ive got a meeting with Gotek." The Bartender pointed at a Rhodian and picked up his Credit with the other hand.

We Started to walk over when i got a blaster in my side, almost immediatly i heard a blaster and the pressre was released, i looked down and saw a dead human and Mabak with a blaster. I tossed another credit to the bartender and continued to walk over to Gotek and sat down. "Were looking for some Phobium."

"Are you the Imperials?" Gotek Replied(In Rhodian but i dont think anyone speaks rhodian soits translated :wink: )

"Yes"

"Come With Me"

Yaou and Mabak just followed into what looked to be a storage room.

"This, Is my office." Gotek said

"Its, , , Lovely"

"Isnt it though" Continued Gotek

"Anyways Were wondering about the Phobium?"

"Your Markaine contacted me about that, its been paid in full" said Gotek Wheeling a sealed cart over, "inside are the tanks, they are inide containers to keep them warm, between the cart and the containers is close to absolute zero. This will keep security off you."

They went through some more formalties and went back to the ship with their cargo. Gotek was right about the security.

Yaou and Mabak sealed the ship and went to get this Garth fellow.

They found room 278 and knocked "Who is it" We heard from inside

"Yaou and Mabak" I answered and he door opened.

Why are people afraid to die? It is a natural part of life. Life and Death. They go together. Some people are just willing to speed up that process.

still not sure if his named was really cleared or someone gave out his location and recovered the reword, he was not sure, So he was quite catious. (ooc: I'm not sure how I know them but i'm going to assume it was their name on the pardning of me sins) He opens the door and invites them in.

Yaou "Nice rig you got there" pointing at the computer

Garth "My father gave it to me," he lied to the man

Yaou "Anyway, My Boss said that you have some skills that he would like to make use of. If you would please come with us."

Garth "First, I want to know whay you changed some outstanding bounties against me?"

Yaou :Hiding his suprise he casually lied "I did that as a Gesture of our goodwill, assuming that you will cooperate..."

Both men were armed with blasters, hands at the ready to shoot him

Great, Thought Garth, My blaster is in my coat, which is behind them. I guess that i will have to go with them. I've gotten outa deeper scrapes with my hacking skills. But just in case..."Let me pack up here, grab my coat and I'll meet you in the lobby."

Yaou "You can do that with us here, can't you?"

Garth "I guess I could.." Now i cant send a message to my imp friend to take a look into my situation. Oh well

He packes up his computer into a suit-case, grabs his coat and take a look for the blaster...

Yaou "Looking for this, we can't have you so armed in our company"

Garth gives them a smirk and says "Lead the way.." and gestures out the door

Yaou leaves and Garth follows him, Mabak following. They lead him towards the shuttle in the bay. Along the way he sees one of his good friends and motions to him. The man veers towards Garth brushing up against him. In that second he slips the man a peice of paper, unnoticed by the two men. "Watch where you are going," Mabak says to the man

The get to the shuttle, enter and take off. Garht sitting in the back, unawars of where he is going or the danger ahead of him.

ooc: Loor can control my movement to the place of meeting and then what he is going to say to me. I will try to watch out for that post so i may gauge a reaction. Assume that i wont cause an immediate problem and am fairly cooperative...

The Force is one and all

The Rebel Fleet dropped out of hyperspace near the yellow desert planet that had spawned a farmboy, who had in turn spawned this Rebellion, a last grasp at freedom within a maliciously chaotic galaxy. 6 Mc80a's were waiting, along with 10 smaller ships, a mixture of Flurry Class Carriersw, Correlian Gunships, and a single Troop Carrier.

All of these paled in comparison to one behemoth. Elvis' personal command, an enormous Mc80b class cruiser. Larger even than the Mon Remonda of the renowned Captain Solo, this ship had been custom designed for Elvis' command, and built at a secret facility over an exceedingly quick schedule of merely 11 months. Designed mainly by a team of technicians, including Elvis, she was gifted with a Basic name by the Mon Calimaari techs, she was the 'Justice'.

Elvis boarded a shuttle to the Justice, and on his way over, three more Assault Cruisers jumped in, along with 7 more Nebulon B frigates, and 12 Correllian Corvettes...........

----------------------------------------------

OOC: Please note that before our next engagement this fleet will have been reduced somewhat as various groups head off to other parts of the sector, so don't worry Untimely! ;)

OOC: Elvis, I'm not worried! :D

---------------------------------------------------

IC:

The Silverback slid easily into the docking bay of the Space Station. Mabak and Yaou had accomplished this mission quickly...a fact that would not go unnoticed when promotions were handed out. Loor was impressed by their successes in obtaining the Phobium, as well.

The Silverback's ramp lowered, revealing three figures emerging.

"Nice work, gentlemen. Please join me in the conference room."

Loor led the three to conference room X-655. As they sat, Loor began.

"Welcome to Imperial Science Station Nebulum, Garth. I trust you have learned of your...forgiveness...for your past. I hope this will be a sign of our...goodwill."

Loor smirked at this last word. The Empire was known for many things, but goodwill and forgiveness were not among them.

"Thank you" said Garth. He looked a bit confused, but confident. Loor appreciated that.

"Your skills are very valuable to us, Garth. That is why we have went to great lengths to secure your services. We need your unique abilities to find a bit of information in the Rebels' data banks."

Garth looked a bit surprised at this information, but only for a moment.

"No computer system is secure enough to stop me." Garth boasted.

"Excellent...I was confident you'd be able to handle this project. Please be aware, however; that failure is not an option, and treachery will not be tolerated. What has been taken away can easily be be replaced, and with a bounty twice the size previous.", Loor glared.

He could tell his new "associate" got the message.

"Hey, we're all friends here...no need to threaten." said Garth, clearly wanting to assure Loor of his loyalty.

"Yes...friends..." Loor smirked.

'When did friendship involve threats and bribes?' Loor pondered.

"I am not ready to divulge the target for your skills, but have you any other questions for me, Garth?" Loor asked.

Support the USA!

Garth: "Am I going to be finacially compensated?" He stated boldly. "The Bounty was just a sign of goodwill so I wonder what is the value of this information?" Not quite sure of himself this time, he looks nervously at Loor.
The Force is one and all

OOC: Is it wise to push your luck with an Imperial....?!? :):twisted:

"The Bounty was just a sign of goodwill so I wonder what is the value of this information?"

Loor was taken aback at this brash slicer. A foolish comment like that to the wrong Imperial officer would have been cause for severe punishment.

However, Loor was not your common Imperial officer. His background as a fighter pilot had taught him to respect courage, and Garth seemed to have plenty of that.

After a moment to compose himself, Loor answered.

"Your skills will not go uncompensated. My offer includes a suitable 'donation' as well as some other benefits...you are aware the Empire has a vast array of new technology in slicing and data aquisition. If I like what you provide, perhaps you could browse through some of the latest hardware available, or in some cases unavailable."

Loor allowed himself to smile. Money was one thing, but slicers were most enticed by getting their hands on better equipment...especially Imperial classified equipment.

"Now, please accompany Mabak and Yaou to the lab that has been set aside for you. If you have need of anything, just ask. There will be several Stormtroopers there...for your protection, of course."

Loor turned to Mabak and Yaou.

"After you have escorted Garth to his new home, please brief me on your most recent travels. I am most interested in the supplies you have brought to me."

Loor watched as the three exited the conference room. After a moment, he strode out himself, headed for the shuttle which would carry him back to his command ship. He needed to contact Fleet Command before Mabak and Yaou made their report, and Admiral Nevit need to be updated.

Support the USA!

Elvis strode down the ramp of the Lambda class shuttle. A pair of figures awaited him, one in uniform, the other in a dark brown flowing cloak. Others would have been filled with fear, still others with excitement. Elvis merely nodded as they turned to walk with him to his full ready room.

Elvis: "Wedge, good to see you. Luke, you too. It feels like it's been an age, not simply two months.

Wedge: "Good to see you in one piece Elvis, i hear it was something of a narrow escape, saved only by your customary tactical brilliance."

Elvis: "Not mine Wedge, my pilots, i've got a bunch that could rival the Rogues in space now, perhaps not ground ops, but in a dogfight, there are none better." Elvis spoke with pride visible to his friends, and rightly so, the effort to get this squadron up and running had been quite immense.

Luke: "Elvis, thank you for keeping me informed, the holo's were useful, and i'm glad you didn't need me to turn up. I suppose you'd like to meet our guests....."

Elvis, Luke and Wedge strode from the room, deep into the bowels of his ship, and area so restricted that no crew were to be seen. Retinal scanners beeped, DNA samples were given, blastdoors opened, until finally they arrived at their destination. Or so Elvis thought.

Luke: "No, wait, let's go to the hanger, there's someone we need to meet....."

Elvis aquiesed to Luke's request and turned with Wedge back to the hanger.......

----------------------------

Sorry guys, edited this so Iulan could come and join us. :)

Edited by ElvisMiggell

OOC: Prime Minister Tony Blair!!!!! Oh, wait, he's not in the Star Wars universe... :lol:

BTW, is anyone keeping this story...we should submit this as a novella, or something! :D

Support the USA!

OOC: Patience is a virtue, my not-so-young Jedi Padawan (Untimely)...... :twisted: Edited by ElvisMiggell

ooc: You can get your info from the rebel conversations and such, that were not supposed to know about

Iulan was sick of absolutely sick of it and he couldn't help it. Ironically he was sick a sickness. During the last debriefing he had gotten the flue from one of Elvis's pilots. BEcause it spread really fast the MD-1s had sent him on quarintine.

For three days now, he had been in his room stashed away, receiving scarce visits of MD-1s and some friends that dared to break some rules and pay him a quick visit. But still most of his friends were busy with relocating the fleet to Tatooine.

Sneeze.

From his viewport he saw the desert planet hour after hour and concluded that it was backwater at its worst. From Yaga Minor to Tatooine, some change there. Iulan wondered what would happen with the campaign they had started. The names of YAga Minor and GArgon in his mind as well as the mysterious Corvette that had scared him in the Satirnaynian system.

HE wondered that reasons about this relocation. Sneeze again. Would it be the Hutts, the Twi'Lek. Or simply a base form which they could cover the Outer RIm and Wild Space along the COrellian Run.

Sneeze.

The door chimed and it opened automatically, it would tdo so only to Md-1s and Iulan guessed it was time for one more protein soup.

He was actually pleased that the droid did not bring the soup on a tray. Iulan was suspicious at once. Now, where do you have the soup? Iulan knew that the droid would give him soup, he had been kept in that regime for the last three days. He hated the soup.

One hatch opened in the chest of the droid.You've hidden the soup, you droid from hell!

But no soup came from the dorids chest, instead he put a small pills jar on his table.

"The disease has stopped from spreading, you will still suffer some of the symtoms."

Sneeze.

"But you are out of quarantine. Take this pills regularly, each 8 hours.."

Iulan thanked him took a pill and walked out of his room.

Next stop, the cafeteria.

no, next stop hangar, he couldn't be certain if the mechs had toyed with his X-Wing more than usual.

In the hangar he was suprised to see Elvis there with other two men, both heroes, both legends he wanted to live up to. Luke Skywalker and Wedge ANtilles.

Elvis noticed Iulan and led both men to him.

"Luke, Wedge this is Iulan Stora. He's the one that came up with the tactic in the last battle."

Dont' sneeze now. Sneezing in fron tof heores is not proper behaivor

"Congratulations, that was quick thinking." Wegde shook his hand as did Luke after him.

Elvis began to speak again, "There's another matter with him too. HE has JEdi ancestors in his family, and for a while I've been wondering if he has the ability too. Luke, would you mind to see if he actually has it?"

"Now, let's see."

The Tatooinian Jedi put his hands on Iulan head probing his mind...

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif