The Start

UntimelyDemise

Elvis was standing at the back of the room, frowning at this young piots breach of protocol. Then a slight shift occured on his face as he thought back to his younger days as a pilot. He remembered being similarly enthusiastic. He remembered the time he had spent with the Rogues particularly fondly.

He'd heard things about this young pilot, though many others said he was relatively average, Elvis thought he had the potential to be a Rogue. He certainly was engaging, and from the sims he'd seen, it seemed like there was definite cunning there. It remained to be seen how he'd deal with loss though.

Miggell was stirred out of his reverie by Fel;

"Now i'd like to introduce Elvis, he has a very important role to play in all of this...."

--------------------------

OOC:

How do we deal with things like promotion? When i started this i was a Commander, now i'm a Colonel, because i've been posting lots. Do i just stick with Commander, or do i become a Colonel?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iulan had to look at the back of the room and saw Colonel Elvis Migell moving to greet Commodore Fel.

The Coruscantan had to admire the man who had joined the briefing, he had quite some history on him. He knew for instance that the man had been a Rogue, and now he was the leader of Shadow Squadron. The man wore his rank with pride, but not with arrongance, he was a seasoned pilot, although he wasn't that old.

Shadow Squadron may not have the fame of Rogue Squadron, but it was one of the most famous squadrons in the Rim. Fel had mentioned suprises on the Rebel's side, having Colonel Elvis along was certainly a pleasant one.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

The holoprojector continued to zoom in on planets in the Braxant Sector displaying estimated enemy strengths, and most recent intell.

Fel carried on;

"While we dip into this system a create a little havoc on the supply convoys, Colonel Miggell is going to lead a flight from Shadow Squadron into Yaga Minor itself.

Shadow Squadron will be attempting to gather intell on which ships are mobilised and which ships are being built at the shipyards.

They will be field testing some, new equipment we'll call it."

"Yes" said the well spoken Colonel, "I don't think we need to explain it quite yet, suffice to say, we hope that this will make things a little easier on all our pilots in the coming battles."

Fel added, "Yaga Minor has been selected as the target for Shadow Squadron. However, i'm leaving the other squadrons on the wing to decide on their own targets. Ideally i want you all to hit juicy targets, that aren't suicide runs, but will force Yaga Minor to react."

"S'Tor, i'm going to leave it to you to decide our next target, Colonel Miggell tells me i should delegate more." he said with a wistful smile. "I'll make sure you get all the resources you need, and don't be afraid to come and ask for our help."

"We will reconvene at 15:30 tomorrow. Until then men"

Fel strode purposefully from the room, with Miggell in tow....

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

As he watched Commodore Fel and Colonel Miggell leave the room, Cadet Dury was in awe, here he was in the same room with people that he grew up watching on the newsvids, the same people that he had pretended to be when he was playing Alliance and Empire with his friends on his homeworld of Bakura.

As he filed out with the rest of the pilots he decided to head back to the sims in the hope that, despite his young age, he might impress one of the squad leaders enough and they might ask him to join them in their squadron.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

OOC: I edited my first post slightly, feel free to check over it again. Evaders, I'll give you a briefing about the meeting next time we chat ;)

IC: Mara arrived at her cabin in a relitively short time. It was fairly close to the bridge. Her cabin was one of the largest in the ship, but she hated it...it was too open, made her feel too helpless.

She sighed & lay on the bed, it had been a long day. "How am I suppose to cope with all this?" she thought. It felt like her insides were being ripped up. Dispair threatened to overwhelm her. She had seen things...horrors that would have tramatized adults, let along kids. "It was not fair, the Tyrants had no right to do this to me..."

She just lay there crying for what seemed like forever, but was in reality only a few minutes, then she started something to distract herself...

Emily debated whether to follow Mara or not. She was worried about her....alot...

"She will live." Shadowfang said, as if answering her thoughts.

"How can you be so bloody cold?" Emily snapped at him. "She's just a helpless 14 year old girl..."

"She is too much like her parents." Shadowfang replied. "She is a survivor...She will be ok."

"Still..."

"Let her mourn on her own...she has to work through it."

"I hope you are right." Emily said. "For her sake.."

"So do I..." He replied. "So do I..."

I'm the commander of vast armies and the sole hope for UCOJ. I'm also 13 years old. -Mara Diggins

Fel & Miggell made their way through the ship to Fel's personal quarters. Once in, Fel initiated a total lockdown of the cabin, making it impervious to any form of surveillance. He conducted a quick scan of his person, and of Miggell's.

"Okay, we're clean. Now, Elvis, are you going to tell me why command sent you? Obviously you know what this is all about, now, what parts of it are you allowed to tell me?"

Elvis considered for a moment, "Well, I've been told to use my discression. I'm thinking that the best way for us to work is if we're entirely open about this. As you know i dropped off the charts for a while. I was in R&D on Gargon. We were doing some very interesting work. However, we have reason to believe the Imps have gotten wind of our plans, and are attempting to copy us. We've been working mainly with A-wings on this, due in part to their reconaissance skills. But also due to the new Novaldex III engines we've developed. In straight flight we can now outrun any, and i mean, any ship. But there's another use for this extra power. At a slight cost in speed we have developed a very useful piece of technology. Using various minerals that we believe can only be found on Gargon, we have developed a fully functional cloaking technology. At the moment we can fit a pack to an A-wing with ease and a minimum of fuss."

Fel was stunned. "I thought we were years away from that level of technology. I'd heard rumours of course, mainly from the Imperial side of things. But on an A-Wing-b, the potential is staggering!"

A wry smile was spreading on Miggell's face, "Sir, that's not all. You may remember the Nighthunter Sniper Rifle, the one that shows no visible light when fired, because the laser's invisible...." he trailed off as he saw the look on Fel's face.

"You can't be serious! You know what this means don't you?"

"Well yes Sir i do, we had a team of Noghri techs working with us. We've also been working on some miniaturisations, for the Amdex IV concussion missiles. I think you know what that means. They'll be ready in about a months time. Ready for my squadron that is."

Fel was staggered, "Colonel, are you telling me that we have a fully functional stealth fighter, with 'stealth' lasers, and soon stealth missiles? Do you realise the implications of this?"

"Yes Sir, i do believe i do. However, there are some drawbacks. It's a damned hard system to use. The systems are so complicated it takes weeks to get used to it. We've had to upgrade to R10 droid systems to cope with the power shunting. However, we now have the whole of Shadow Squadron trained up. There's just one problem, we're down a man. Sir, i'd like to request that you transfer one of your men. My first choice would have been your lad Iulan. He's got a lot of potential, but I think you're going to need him. So instead I'm going to ask for Cadet Dury. I know he's raw, but i've looked over his stats. His synapse speed is up there with the best. He's at least going to be as good as ole Dash Rendar. I want him on my squad sir."

Fel smiled grimly, "You realise he's not seen full combat yet, only a couple of minor pirate skirmishes. Still, i agree the boy has potential. He's yours if you want him." Now, let's see about Yaga Minor, where are you going to insert...."

------------------

OOC: Sorry it's a bit long, but there's a lot that need to be included. I'm concerned this might turn into a slug fest to see who can come out with the most fantastic weapons. As far as i'm concerned my r&d guys have no new surprises. Although at some point i'd like to introduce some of the force into this motley crew of rebels!!! :)

After two grueling hours in the flight sim, Cadet Dury was looking forward to grabbing a bite to eat, taking a quick shower and getting some shuteye.

He was on his way to the mess hal when a commanding voice halted him in mid step " Are you Cadet Dury?" He turned around and came face to face with Colonel Miggell, "Y-Y-Yes Sir, I'm Cadet Dury Sir". "Good, I've been waiting for you. I've been watching your recent session in the sim and I feel that you have what it takes to join me in my squadron. Effective immediatly you will be working for me, I'll see you tomorrow at 0900 and fill you in on what you need to know, so get some rest."

"Yes Sir." And with that Colonel Miggell spun and walked away leaving Dury, for the first time in a long time, too excited to remember that he was hungry...

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Miggell returned to his cabin. He started plotting attack vectors and entrance and evac co-ordinates.

With a start Miggell woke up. He'd fallen asleep in front of his computer systems. A small light was flashing indicating an incoming call. Upon re-activating the screen he saw only a small code in the upper left hand caller. It was him again.

Miggell started up the encoder and answered the call. "Sir, i'd been hoping to hear from you soon. The project is making good progress. As you said, Fel is being very accomodating. I'm now up to full strength and i'll keep you posted on our next mission details."

Unknown: Very well colonel. Once these field tests have gone ahead we will carry on with the, uh, unofficial project. Ackbar sends his regards.

Out."

Miggell was pleased to have heard from his contact. He knew that he could rely on him. He went to bed rested and calm, ready for the next morning's squadron briefing...

It was late in the night and Iulan had yet to provide his commanding officers with a location. He had been sortign targets int he holographic maps and after three hours of checking intel and other data he reduced his list from a dozen possibilities to three. The choice for the first dozen had been easy, tehre were not that many planets near the BRaxant Sector that the Imperials would care for.

Now his list included the Satirnaynian system, the Muunilist system, and Morishim.

Of these three he discarded Morishim first, one of the factors that he had to take in consedaration was the effect on the populace, Morishim had an apathy towards any galactic government, as long as tehy could profit economically they did not care who was in charge.

Muunilist of moneylend was the economic capital of the Imps in this sector of space. Too much money not that much population. That left only the sector capital in the Satirnaynian system.

That would have a greater efefct on the populace and would convince Yaga Minor to send more reinforcements.

Iulan blinked trying to keep himself awake for a few seconds. He rose from his chair and walked out the door. On his way out he almost dropped his personal belonging that he had insisted on bringing form COruscant.

There were things he had found out about those items, such as more information about his great-uncle, a man of whom was no record or any other information, it had taken Iulan long days in the lower levels of the capital to scrounge all possible information about him. Unitl he had finally learned that his great-uncle, which shared his same name, had been a Jedi. The Force, had been quite irregular in his family sometimes it would jump two or three generation, sometimes all siblings would have been gifted, or so he had gathered. Iulan himself ignored whtether he had the ability to use it, but he did not care much.The days of the Jedi were long gone, and the glaaxy needed warriors to face the war not mysterious healers, the dream of rebellion needed pilots and soldiers. And targets Iulan reminded himself.

He was almost at the door when he felt heavy and tired he considered a quick five minute nap and then go to his commanding officers and report.

While he was ordered to report until tomorrow there were things he wanted to check with them.

In the next second he was asleep.

---------

OOC: A bit long, too. I'm sorry, but I was trying to get scrounge some background info for Iulan S'tor, as well as have a possible vector for the Force here.

As well I wanted to bring in some info ron the most important systems around other than Yaga Minor and Gargon. BTW, the Satirnaynian systems is where Bastion is.

OOC: That's fine. Develop your background and we'll use it. I'm not sure what's happening about Jedi stuff yet, but wait and see.... i have a cunning plan. In fact it's quite scary that you brought that up after my little brainstorming session about where to go with this.

OOC: If anyone remembers the old RPGs (like Zag) they can testify UCOJ has good tech & amazing jedi...the only problem was using it ;) Sorta hard to imagine after seeing the last RPG that Mara is the greatest weapon we have now, what ever happened to all our Kalan Supercruisers? Igor must have gotten at them with his administrative powers :lol:

Actually our captial planet got blown up on us...while we were on it :(

I'll have the next post tomorrow, don't worry about us, we are not gonna kill anyone, ask nice enough & we will share our toys...

BTW Zag, the rebels have an SSD too now you know, I dunno who leads the rebels now, but I don't think it's Eterna...If we were following the novel it would be you (since D & Dani nailed Eterna's Cruiser with a whole bunch of nukes in it) so you got command of the SSD untill someone overrules that (if they can).

That's been allowed by the GMs, so use it well. It was originally called the Titania, but feel free to rename it :)

As for the Imperials they got one too. I think it's gonna remain the Prince's Pride II, although i like the Prince's Revenge :twisted: That's up to Igor. See? Just because I always smoked Xero squad doesn't mean I don't make up for it ;)

UCOJ has given both factions one of our remaining SSDs each, use them wisely...just don't turn them againts us, we have planned in case of that & they make great booms when they blow up for no reason ;)

That's the end of my ooc ramblings for the night.

I'm the commander of vast armies and the sole hope for UCOJ. I'm also 13 years old. -Mara Diggins

Guest JediIgor
OOC: and my dear diggins, this happens in an ALTERNATE dimension than that of the last RP, so everything that has happened there is all but irrelevant.

OOC: Well, if you want to forfit the SSD & give UCOJ back it's full force feel free, I'd love Terra One back :D , but this is what me & evaders & stratus agreed on, & I am still a GM too ;) Why not just nod & agree, since an ancient SSD that's about 40 years old is not gonna pose much of a threat to the full Imperial navy ;) This nice story explains a lot, so why not just nod & agree & kill the rebel SSD later on with the empires new ESD being made? Edited by adam_diggins

Guest JediIgor

OOC:There's a big difference between being a GM and being on the council.

You can have all the UCOJ stuff you have now.. but like Enterna said, very few people can understand what in the world you are talking about.

Things that happened in the last RP, though; try not to mention them and we will get along just fine :)

Edited by JediIgor

OOC: yeah, I will not, it's suppose to sound mysterious though ;)

Seriously, this is my way of balancing UCOJ alot more then it was before, currently we have two capital ships left, one of them is not present, I'd say that's better then before...

OOC: The man has a point, i'm perfectly happy to whoop your a***s, but i'd rather write our little story with you, it's more fun that way, otherwise it becomes a very one sided story.

OOC: Personally, I've been really busy IRL. Plus, there's only so much the Dark Gnome can do by itself. Somebody needs to take control of the ISD Proud Order which arrived recently carrying high level officers (hint, hint). 8)

The holo coalesced into a stern looking Admiral. He began...

"Colonel Loor, you have no doubt been briefed on the project by now. I am sending the Imperial Star Destroyer Proud Order to assist you and provide protection. See to it this project is successfully completed, and you may be transferred to a...more comfortable position. I will not remind you of the consequences of failure."

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

OOC: Elvis, i believe Igor said that once before as well :twisted:

I'm not fighting,I'm just using them as tools of peace, since after all we have the Denyah *ROTFLMAO*

The rebels willreally be running now, they are sooooo dead :D

*/me falls over laughing*

A 20 KM pile of rust is gonna kill you all!!!

For those who do not talk to me out of the forum the denyah is a running joke from my novel. It's an acient SSD that's so old it wasdecomissioned 20 years ago for being ancient then & it was soldto civs since it had no guns or shileds, couldn't move, & could barely stay in one peice, let along hold an atmosphere. If an ISD can't kill it in a minute flat the capt of the ISD should be shot for treason :) That's how old it is...& the owner brings it into a warzone! The horror!

It's also being joked UCOJ is going through hard times, especially when their last hope is a 20km pile of rust & a tramatized 14 year old girl ;)

OOC: Diggins, stuff that happens in your novels is all well and good, but it is entirely irrelivant to this RPG, which is quite seperate from your novel. Cool? Good. Glad we had this little chat.
For the life of me, I cannot remember, what made us think that we were wise and could never comprimise.

OOC: Okay, so now, without being rude, can we just get on with the story? Please? :)

Guest JediIgor
OOC: I'd love to do something.. but I'm a lowly Lieutenant. Either Markaine must continue on with the story about our TIE Phantoms, Untimely receiving new orders.. or even better, the Rebels doing something... they wouldn't want us to finish testing new cloaked TIEs would they?? :twisted:

It was early in the morning, the ship's morning that is, when he began to walk down the corridors and levels until he reached the office of his commanding officer. Iulan S'Tor had checked with a bridge officer where Commodore Fel was, the officer had pointed him to the commodore's office, and had warned that the commodore was meeting with Colonel Elvis.

That spared his the trouble of locating Colonel Elvis.

He knocked at the door that opened in front of him. Iulan saluted both officers.

"I have a target." Iulan reported and handed over a datacard.

COlonel Elvis took the datacard and put in the datapad he was sharing with Fel.

"It is the Satirnaynian System, if we want to attack or at least pound the Imps at Yaga Minor we have to create distractions. The Satirnaynian system is a sector capital with enough resources to fend off a small attack. If we gather a competent strike force, we could overwhelm the defenders, and make Yaga minor send some forces, similar attacks to the Muunilist and Morishim systems will likely reduce to amount of defenders in Yaga Minor."

"Interesting, we were considering something similar, but we had not considered Satirnaynian." Fel said analyzing starmaps and hyprelanes.

"Sir," Iulan began to speak again. "I think that if we let rumors of COlonel MIggell's presence in this sector we'll likely expect a more desperate reaction of Yaga Minor."

"Lieutenant, I'm not the leader of Rogue Squadron. While Shadow Squadron has its rep, it's certainly not up to the Rogues," Elvis said. "Anyway, I would not allow it. My presence here is to be kept with some secrecy, there are strange things happening in Imperial space. Another Impstar has apparently left Yaga Minor without any apparent reason. To show our cards will definetely make us lose this hand, the imps have a skifter. And to beat that we'll need luck. Lots and lots of it."

"What about the attack then, sir?" Iulan asked, beginning to understand why Miggell's squadron had earned its name.

"The atttack is on, we have a target and a schedule. Go and eat something. AFter that you get to visit the Satirnaynian system." Fel smiled.

The Colonel dismissed him, and Iulan left to get something to eat. After that he would get to prove his worth.

Miggell returned from Fel's cabin to his own, and engaged his comlink. Static appeared on his screen, but he knew that the person he was about to talk to was able to see him...

"Sir, we have the go-ahead for the strikes. I'll be briefing my team shortly. We'll be heading into Yaga Minor at approximately 15:00 our time, right on the change of shift. That should help in the event of unforseen circumstances. I'm taking the entire squadron in."

Unknown: "A wise decision Elvis, send me your com detail and such and we'll let you know everything you need as the mision progresses, now, go brief your squad. Out"

Miggell stood, stretched, and buttoned his tunic. He headed out the door to and took the first turbolift to the briefing room....