SOCL's Website

SOCL

Can't seem to get into your site SOCL, think my servers slowed down due to the other 2000 people using the HO pcs in my near vicinity. :(

Still, i haven't been able to read this thread much due to the amount you lot are posting elsewhere, but i will try and keep track of your story, don't worry. :)

Thanks, Elvis, but it seems that this thread is dying (but by no means close it as it may suddenly may come out of a coma) due to the fact that I don't know how to work my website (I know, that sounds stupid). So, people, PLEASE, if you could host "Magical Lies" on your site (if you don't mind, of course), then PLEASE speak up!

Hey, Asst. Webmaster Scath, how about a fanfic section here at SWR that is not only for SW stories, but all sorts of stories and fan fictions? Bring it up, if you get a chance. I'll help in what I can!

So, anyone know somewhere I can post "Magical Lies" for people to read?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're doomed. :cry:
Actually--heh heh heh :twisted: --I've figured out a--heh heh heh :twisted: --loophole in the--heh heh heh :twisted: --AOL system--heh heh heh :twisted: !!! Sorry, I'm SOOOOOO very excited about getting my webpage back up and running, even if it continues to be craptacular (it doesn't matter to me as long as at least I know how to manage it), that I'm giggling evily--heh heh heh :twisted: --every few seconds--heh heh heh :twisted: !!! Just wait! :twisted:

WOOHOO!!! CELEBRATE WITH ME!!! :D THE DREADED SOCL'S WEBPAGE IS BACK ON AND BACK UNDER THE CONTROL OF SOCL!!! :D :D :D YIPEE!!! :mrgreen:

Okay, let's get going with the list of updates.

12:17 AM CST, Saturday, June 21, 2003:

-The site is back up and has a relatively new look
    -I have updated "Magical Lies" to include a scene with Weber and Henderson
    -The Dramatis Personæ section has also been updated
    -The Abbreviations section has also been updated
    -I'm still looking for a Good Samaritan to host my stories
    -I'm still looking for a better title for "Magical Lies"
    -I'm still looking for opinions and feedback on the story

Enjoy and read "Magical Lies"! And thank you to all of my supporters!!! :D

Edited by SOCL

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Hey SOCL check my post, Post FanFic Here!!!!! I would be happy if you would post some of your FanFic there if you would like. :D

Hey SOCL check my post, Post FanFic Here!!!!! I would be happy if you would post some of your FanFic there if you would like. :D
Hey, really? :D You see, the only problem might be that admin might not like the fact that I would be posting a 100+ page fanfic. We'll see what Elvis and Scath say. Even so, where is the thread?

Hey, Antilliles, remember how you pointed out that ADarkJedi had joined the day of your birthday? Well, look at ours...you joined exactly two months after me.... Weird.... 8)

I don't mean to sound like a dictator, but don't post such short, conversation-like posts here, please. I know I'm not a moderator, but it's kind of just a suggestion and something to keep in mind. Discussions don't bother me, but please keep short, few-worded (one sentence) posts to a minimum. Again, no problem with discussions, but try to make them at least a paragraph long (so it doesn't look like this thread is being spammed in and, thus, isn't closed). Thanks! 8)

Guest Scathane
I don't mean to sound like a dictator
Sure you do...

Hey man, No prob, I would hate to get you're post closed because of Me. Sorry. :D
I wouldn't... :twisted::wink: Edited by Scathane

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I Think Scath's new rank has gone to his head. 8O he used to actually be nice. err....Never mind that was someone else. :D

• 2 weeks later...

9:06 PM CST, Saturday, July 5, 2003:

-Added more to Part 2 of "Magical Lies" where you're introduced to the amphibious mobile suits
    -Updated the Dramatis Personæ
    -Updated the Abbreviations list
    -I'm still looking for a Good Samaritan to host my stories
    -I'm still looking for a better title for "Magical Lies"
    -I'm still looking for opinions and feedback on the story

Okay, so in today's update (if you read the story, that is), mention and an introduction to the amphibious mobile suit will be made. Like I did earlier for the mountain mobile suits, I also have a picture of the amphibious mobile suit; it looks like a cross between this and this with the same basic colors of the latter. The first one pictured is the YAMS-01A, a prototype to the one in the story; the second is another concept drawing. The one in the story (the AMS-01A) looks identical to the first picture, except for the left arm, which looks normal (like the right one; like the two arms on the latter picture).

Edited by SOCL

Hey, I got a few questions for our learnèd members. I was wondering, in what instances is æ and Æ used? I have seemed it used for Cæsar, Ægypt, and Prætorian, but all of those are used when the context is Latin. So, my question is, when does one use it? I mean, is it simply a replacement for ae that is no longer truly used? Additionally, I ask the same for œ and Œ. I have also seen it used in replacement of oe, but only when the context is Latin. The evidence I have for this is from The Odyssey. You see, I have two versions, the translation from Greek (Odysseus) and the translation from Latin (Ulysses) and names in the Greek one with ae are simply spelled out with ae, where as the in Latin one they are æ. Lastly, would these be used in all instances, or only in proper nouns (etc) or what? Please help and, ahead of time, thanks!

Guest Scathane
Hey, I got a few questions for our learnèd members. I was wondering, in what instances is æ and Æ used? I have seemed it used for Cæsar, Ægypt, and Prætorian, but all of those are used when the context is Latin. So, my question is, when does one use it? I mean, is it simply a replacement for ae that is no longer truly used? Additionally, I ask the same for œ and Œ. I have also seen it used in replacement of oe, but only when the context is Latin. The evidence I have for this is from The Odyssey. You see, I have two versions, the translation from Greek (Odysseus) and the translation from Latin (Ulysses) and names in the Greek one with ae are simply spelled out with ae, where as the in Latin one they are æ. Lastly, would these be used in all instances, or only in proper nouns (etc) or what? Please help and, ahead of time, thanks!
Both were vowels in Old English around 1000 A.D. They came from Anglo Saxon and Early West Saxon... Does that help?

Both were vowels in Old English around 1000 A.D. They came from Anglo Saxon and Early West Saxon... Does that help?
Yes, that does help, but my only question is: When would they be used? Would/could this one (æ) be used in place of ae, and this one (œ) be used in place of oe? I mean, how are they used?

Copyright (c) 1999-2022 by SWRebellion Community - All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. Star Wars(TM) is a registered trademark of LucasFilm, Ltd. We are not affiliated with LucasFilm or Walt Disney. This is a fan site and online gaming community (non-profit). Powered by Invision Community