SOCL's Website

SOCL

The idea for this thread came from a suggestion in a thread called "What does SOCL mean?". You might want to read through that thread to get a feel for what my terrible website is all about. Here's a link to that particular thread: http://www.swrebellion.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=421&sid=9366ed9df54245ce9b89f3915f207b5a

So, here's a thread to keep all of you here in the SWR community up-to-date on my craptacular website. The point to my website isn't really to be about me, but to post my stories. Sadly, it's one of those American Online-sponsored websites, so it REALLY sucks! If anyone would be willing to host my stories at their website, I would be eternally grateful! Please?!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick and immediate catch up:

-Changed the top-picture to one of me and Holly
    -I'm still looking for a good Samaritan to host my stories
    -I'm still looking for a better title for "Magical Lies"
    -I'm still looking for opinions and feedback on the story
    -Part 1 of "Magical Lies" is posted
    -Beginning of Part 2 of "Magical Lies" has been posted

May 29, 2003:

-Added more of Part 2 of/to "Magical Lies"

If you've been reading the story, you would have noticed that there is mention made of "mobile suits", specifically four: two desert prototypes and two mountain prototypes. Well, to give you a visual image of what mobile suits are, here you go.

This picture is what the first two desert (YDMS-01 and YDMS-02) and mountain (YMMS-01 and YMMS-02) protoype mobile suits look like. The two -01 models have the cockpit installed in the "head", while the -02 models have the cockput installed in the torso.

YDMS-01, -02 & YMMS-01, -02

The desert mobile suit will evolve to look quite differently from the above picture, while the mountain mobile suit will continue looking the same.

Thanks to Mecha Anime Headquarters for the pictures (last URL in my signature)!

Edited by SOCL

June 3, 2003:

-Added more to Part 2 of "Magical Lies" where the prototype mountain mobile suits are put into action
    -The abbreviations of "Magical Lies" have been updated

By the way, if any of you are having trouble getting to my website, you can click the "www" button at the bottom of all my posts. Don't feel like doing that? Go here.

Does anyone actually read this thread?

Edited by SOCL

Guest Scathane

What time is it there? (7:05 AM here)
Currently 12:43 AM . . . why do you ask?
Well, if I'm posting just out of bed with my first cup of coffee, then you must be posting late at night... But the time difference is less shocking than I had expected...

Currently 12:43 AM
Twelve hours later, SOCL awakens to post. Current time here: 12:43 PM.

Well, if I'm posting just out of bed with my first cup of coffee, then you must be posting late at night... But the time difference is less shocking than I had expected...
Well, I am a night owl. While everyone else is eating lunch, I'm eating breakfast (today: French toast); while everyone else is eating dinner, I'm eating lunch; and while everyone else is long since asleep at midnight, I'm eating dinner. :lol: It's a very interesting life.

1:02 AM CST, Wednesday, June 4, 2003:

-Added more to Part 2 of "Magical Lies" where the Londo Belle naval task force is introduced
    -The abbrevations of "Magical Lies" has been updated

Taking and modifying a scene or two from another book(s) is, technically, not stealing...is it? Even if I have a disclaimer at the bottom that says the story is based off of history and other stories?... Same applies to names and the such from movies...right?

Heir to the Empire is a great book and Timothy Zahn is a great author!

Mobile Suit GUNDAM: Char's Counterattack is a great movie and Yoshiyuki Tomino is a great author and director!

Don't get what I mean? Read "Magical Lies"!!!

2:33 AM CST, Thursday, June 5, 2003:

-Added more to Part 2 of "Magical Lies" taking you back to JUGGERNAUT and the Imperator, and General Mockry
    -I'm still looking for a Good Samaritan to host my stories

The part added to "Magical Lies" will give you a closer look at/into the Imperator.

Heir to the Empire is a great book and Timothy Zahn is a great author!

Still don't get what I mean by the direct above? READ "MAGICAL LIES"!!!

1:28 AM CST, Friday, June 7, 2003:

-Updated the Dramatis Personæ with Field Marshal Valjean, AXIS Army Task Force Commander whom you shall meet later

Taking a name or two from another book(s)/movie/musical-play is, technically, not stealing...is it? Even if I have a disclaimer at the bottom that says the story is based off of history and other stories?...

Les Misérables is a great book, play/musical/opera, and movie and Victor Hugo is a great author!

Still don't get what I mean by the direct above? READ "MAGICAL LIES"!!!

You stole that title?! :wink:
Not quite. :lol:

It seems like you, Scath, are the only one who reads this...well, other than me, that is. :lol: Oh well.

Hey, those of you who read this thread (AKA: Scath), I was rethinking the name Valjean. The reason is not because of the name itself, but because it sounds too much like von Asch (one of the other Imperial field marshals in "Magical Lies"). So, what do you guy(s) think: Should I keep Valjean or name him something else (requirement for the name: French surname). I was thinking d'Erlon or Ney. An ideas?

Guest Scathane

Call him what you like, SOCL. :)

By the way, it shoud be: What what do(es) you guy(s) think? There you have it: I must be infected with the AK-virus... 8O

Call him what you like, SOCL. :)
I'm sticking with Valjean. :D

By the way, it shoud be: What what do(es) you guy(s) think? There you have it: I must be infected with the AK-virus... 8O
Excellent.... :twisted:

I'm here also.
YIPEE!!! :D Thanks! :D

2:49 PM CST, Sunday, June 8, 2003:

-Added more to Part 2 of "Magical Lies" where Weber stumbles across something he shouldn't have
    -The site's second section has been changed to "Rants"

Hey, just so those of you who read this thread know, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the story, then PLEASE feel free to post them here! Thanks!

Did anyone notice the time of the post? Yeah, I actually woke up at a normal time today (9:45 AM). I did so for church, so you can pretty much bet I'll soon be back to my nocturnal behavior. :lol::wink:

By the way, does anyone know what VHS stands for?

Guest Scathane
By the way, does anyone know what VHS stands for?
    1. Virtual High School
    2. Victorian High Society
    3. Video Home System: videotape format introduced by JVC in 1976

2:10 PM CST, Tuesday, June 10, 2003:

-Added more to Part 2 of "Magical Lies"
    -I updated the abbrevations section
    -I updated the Dramatis Personæ
    -I have added a hit counter to the site (now I know how many people go there)
    -I have found a new editing program for the site, so--in the near future--the site shall be A LOT better

Well, hey, guys, now I can tell if you guys actually visit my site or not...I have a hit counter! And enough of the 1-2-3 Website Publishing crap, I now am using some other program, so the site will slowly, though surely, start looking better! YIPEE!!

Er...Heir to the Empire is a great novel and Timothy Zahn is a great author, and Mobile Suit GUNDAM: Char's Counterattack is a great movie and Yoshiyuki Tomino is a great author and director!

Don't know what I'm talking about? READ "MAGICAL LIES"!!!

I think I'm going to cry. The new website modifying program ("Easy Design") is kicking my butt! I tried to modify my website to add to "Magical Lies" today and...well...I can't do it! I told you guys I don't know how to make a good website, and so when I tried to, well, I screwed up! I can't update the site at all, or at least I don't know how to! If you would like to host "Magical Lies" on your site, I would be VERY, SUPERLY, WONDERFULLY grateful! Well, I'm going to contact Scath and see if he can help me, so stay tuned as I try to fix the situation.

Can't seem to get into your site SOCL, think my servers slowed down due to the other 2000 people using the HO pcs in my near vicinity. :(

Still, i haven't been able to read this thread much due to the amount you lot are posting elsewhere, but i will try and keep track of your story, don't worry. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Copyright (c) 1999-2022 by SWRebellion Community - All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters. Star Wars(TM) is a registered trademark of LucasFilm, Ltd. We are not affiliated with LucasFilm or Walt Disney. This is a fan site and online gaming community (non-profit). Powered by Invision Community