Heroes Dying

Dorkthehunter

Should heroes die?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Should heroes die?

• Yes
    • No

Heroes should be able to die. Thrawn, Biggs, Porkins, Palpatine, Vader, Chewie, Yoda, Mace, Maul, Dooku, Kit Fisto, Ganner Rhysode, etc. They were all heroes that died! They did not get knocked out! They did not get captured and then saved! They flat out died! It is hard to lose them, but if you can't, the game will be very very dumb. Heroes will be very hard to kill, they will have a lot of health. But, if you kill one, it shouldn't be able to come back!

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as I said before Heroes should die.If they dont it would be pure ownage and people would only control the heroes and not the army they controlled for defence. Well if they die you'll lose that advantage.

Heros should definately die. After all, if not for Han appearing at the last moment at Yavin, Luke would be dead. Leia would also be dead if not for being rescued; heroes die unless you are careful, or they are lucky. If they're in a ship that happens to be docked on a planet that happens to be blown up by a surprise strike from a Death Star, there should be no magical cloning. My opinion, anyway.
Currently waiting to get Age of Empires 3, Dawn of War, and Star Wars: Empire at War

Yep, dead is dead. No respawn.

If you are foolish enough to lose them when there's a retreat function, then you deserve to suffer the consequences.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

That's what im saying, they can die, but it is very dificult to kill them, but it is very possible, and besides, petro told that they ould be killed

School Wars!!! Command your Forces!

Crush the School!!! :twisted:

Yea they should die, and doesn't ganner come back in the new lame EU series?

Ganner dies in the new "lame" EU series. That EU series is the New Jedi Order, the best Star Wars series ever written!

Thank you for all proving my point! I posted this to prove a point to all the people that think that because in Rebellion heroes couldn't die, that it should be in this game. What now Rebellion people? What now? jk! :D

P.S. Rebellion is not a bad game. :D

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

Delphi, you're back! I missed you so! :D:D:D

Anyway....What is your gut instinct on this one?

Well, it seems like Delphi's gut feeling is that they won't be dying. I voted that No, they shouldn't die. In SW:Rebellion, your minor characters were permitted to die, but I don't think anybody ever lost Darth Vader, or Luke, or the Emperor through just random circumstances. Even if their ship was blown up, they were considered captured then (major characters). I think what might be the solution is that they'll just get injured, which will basically be like a time-out. Think Anakin losing all his limbs, Luke losing his hand, etc. If heroes will be permitted to die, I think it will have to be in a hero vs. hero event.

Admiral Cotla Charre

Imperial Navy

Well, it seems like Delphi's gut feeling is that they won't be dying. I voted that No, they shouldn't die. In SW:Rebellion, your minor characters were permitted to die, but I don't think anybody ever lost Darth Vader, or Luke, or the Emperor through just random circumstances. Even if their ship was blown up, they were considered captured then (major characters). I think what might be the solution is that they'll just get injured, which will basically be like a time-out. Think Anakin losing all his limbs, Luke losing his hand, etc. If heroes will be permitted to die, I think it will have to be in a hero vs. hero event.

What about Mace Windu dying. Was he just injured? How about Vader in the end? Or Palpatine? Biggs and Porkins' ships were blown up and they died. Heroes need to die. It is a natural part of life. Like Yoda said(or something like it): "Rejoice for those who have become one with the Force. Do not mourn. Do not grieve."

But, if you kill one, it shouldn't be able to come back!

Is that really fun? Sure there may be 20 of you that say "yes' but there could be 1000 that say "no." We have to go with our gut instinct on this one. :D

That doesn't sound like any fun at all. If I blow up the planet that had all your heroes on it then they should have died. What you're suggesting seems to make it more hero based.

That's kind of lame, really. Why stick with the mold just because the majority of gamers are spoon-fed on it? Why not be ballsy and hold people accountable for how they manage their heroes?

How are you going to manage that, anyway, without it being monstrously cheesy? At least with Warcraft and Battle for Middle Earth you had the whole fantasy-world magic theme where ressurection could fit in not-too-painfully. I simply do not see how this fits into a sci-fi, least of all Star Wars. Some of the Star Wars saga's most dramatic and worthwhile moments were defined by heroic death.

Dumb, very dumb. I mean look at the best selling RTS today, Rome: Total War and guess what all your heroes can die, and die easily. Heck they can die from old age even... :roll: We must have hero deaths permament!

Who is with me!!!

*A legion of stormtroopers bursts into cheers as they charge toward Petroglyph's offices!

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke