Heroes Dying

Dorkthehunter

Should heroes die?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Should heroes die?

• Yes
    • No

I'd bet Jade just uses a blaster, just like in Star Wars: *Cough* Battlegrounds *Gags*. Man that title is just so Bile... I can't even say it.

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I played RTW my cavlry were able to crush foot soilders just by running over them. Fun using the Greeks to own people but Marcus really annoyed me once since I used those Hoplites and owned someone who had an advantage over me :P . Well Steller Battlegrounds isn't that bad since it was my second RTS I played for almost 2 years. If you hate it well thats your opinion :)

I wonder how many times special attacks could be used since one hero could just snipe normal infantry till they're all gone and that would be a good reason to kill the hero in a reinforcement rush and hero goes bye bye. Well if they come back at a price then maybe kill the place they'll respawn at? Problem solved unless they'll spawn on another planet :?

I just hope that when a hero "dies" they become incapacitated and it says take to medical frigate over "the hero flees from battle".

They should be incapacitated for a long time as well. Say 30 minutes real time before you can use them again. Although if they use the "bacta is the miracle one week cure" you can expect the time before you get them again to decrease from 30 min.

note: This is all purely speculation and is not how it will actually work.

*A terrifying battle rages in Tatooine*

-Imp commander: Comrades! Lord Vader himself is coming to aid us in this battle!

*Vader comes out of his shuttle and is instantly shot in the head with a rocket launcher. Vader gets decapitated.*

-Imp medic: Ah, this doesn't look too serious. Let's just stick some bacta where his head used to be and stuff him in a kolto tank. He'll be fine in time for our Kashyyk invasion tomorrow.

Go Leafs go!

Methinks this game will be a little more "gamey" than most of us want. We still have to have faith in the promise of an extremely moddable game though, so we can fix this kind of thing.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

Methinks this game will be a little more "gamey" than most of us want. We still have to have faith in the promise of an extremely moddable game though, so we can fix this kind of thing.

Yea I was really hoping for a more realistic game ala Rebellion, but more and more seems like the are going towards gamey.

It could still be an even balance between the two, but as of now looks like gamey has the advantage.

But like you said, we can still hope for some good mods, and finally get a truely realistic star wars RTS.

yeah well hopefully delphi will tell them to change it and Kolto was a natural form of Bacta that wasnt as efficent as Bacta and BACTA is created by the Veratix of Thyferra out of 2 materials

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/Admiral_Antilles/Thrawncopy.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

I Support the Resistance!

yeah well hopefully delphi will tell them to change it and Kolto was a natural form of Bacta that wasnt as efficent as Bacta and BACTA is created by the Veratix of Thyferra out of 2 materials

I don't think Kolto was in this time period, atleast I don't think it was ever mentioned. I imagine it would have been all mined and used up by now. That is why Bacta is now used, because it can be manufactured.

Id prefer if heros stayed dead since there are so many of them. In RTW, WC3, DOW etc, you only have one hero on the battlefield at once (generally). But this game seems to have a ton of heros. Seems to me the best way to balance out having 30+ heros in the game at once, is to have the ability to loose them if you are not careful. Just my two cents!

Death to the Heros!!

Uhum, I mean, yeah, I agree.

Once a hero dies, he stayes dead.

Otherwise, what's the point in killing him/her? :)

http://www.lfnetwork.com/images/lfnlinker.gif

Star Wars: Empire at War.Net Moderator

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

Co-Leader of The Affiliates! -A-

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

- May the pants be with you!

I locked the other thread on this topic and i'll reword what I said in there.

Well if there is a mod to make heroes cheaper to own or more god like for multiplayer just dont download it, my opinion.

If there is a mod to make heroes die for good then you should get it if heroes are being god like.

But after all depends how you want to play so i'm not trying to tell you what to get or not but my opinion.

True Ghosly, I'm not much of a mod guy myself. I think expansion packs come out before a good mod is made (Or at least its debugged enough to make worth playing online). This is the problem with mods: If they are to fix a bad game, the main stream people wont stick around long enough to play it and the game reviewers will review the game premod so that the game hype is already out there. Most "good mods" are for games that were very successful standalone, which games still have a ton of active players still once it was ready. No gamers are going to come back to a game that wasn't made well to begin with because a new mod came out making it fun, I think. Who knows though.

I sent Delphi a nice little petition. I hope he puts it into consideration.

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

I sent Delphi a nice little petition. I hope he puts it into consideration.

Doubt that it would change much. The devs are probably busy and don't have time to go back and change a game altering thing like this.

and they are the ones making the game so they probably have a better idea of what works for it.

Though I would still like to see heros die. It seems like something everyone would want. The hardcore fan would want it because it adds strategy, the casual player (who most are probably going to be Star Wars fans) will probably want heros to die too, it allows for immersion and allows you to truly change the Star Wars galaxy. Allow it will give you a feeling of fullfilment having taken out one of their big player. You wont get that if you know you are going to see the same character again at the next battle.

Doesn't this undermine the persistency feel they were going for? I think that they should die permanently, but difficultly. Your heroes are someone you should protect fiercly but be able to use them to good potential. Loosing Luke or Wedge to a run on the Death Star would be a worth-while gamble if they could die, but now it is a sure fire thing that if you have a Death Star, then you will have every hero ship that exists hunting it down, because they can always come back and at a much cheaper cost comparitively I would wager.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

As posted in another thread, this is an RTS not a MMORPG, if you get attached to a hero and he dies so what? Ideally you are going to play the game more times than once, so you can restart the game and get your hero back. If you lose your hero in game and he dies you can learn from your mistakes and be more careful next time, this adds strategy on how you use your units.

you shouldn't throw a fit about losing your "favorite character", he is only one new game away, you don't lose him forever.