Star Wars: Legacy of War

1. This is true however you don't get them all at once. They are gained as you go through the timeline in campaign and/or complete missions.

2. I never said it would only take a year to make, its going to take a long time to get it fully done. That being said Release 1 for the full mod, I don't know when it will happen, but it will occur when I feel that it has been fully tested and it is stable and contains what we want in a first release.

Obviously we can't cram everyhting we're going to have into one release, there will be Releases as the mod gets over major steps(Release 1,2,3,4...ect).

The Mini-mod however will be available(again I don't know when) before the main mod becuase it only contains Ep 5 and 6 things and the battles associated with that and some extra things.

3. Through Releases as i've stated above we'll add in planets as its only natural to the continuing Campaign. This gives the mappers room to breath and won't burn them out as is common in alot of mods that try to go as fast as possible. 200? That seems a bit low imo :D

4. I don't know thats a question you'd have to ask Delphi since he deals with the multiplayer. It would be good to ask him how mods will be played online. Contrary to popular belief, if they do it like C&C all you'll need is for the people you're playing to have the mod to play them.

I don't know where people got the idea that you need a dedicated server to play mods. Can someone explain this to me?

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plokoon9619 had an interesting idea.

As We know Currently Captain Piett is Stationed on the ISD Accuser in this game much to the delight of EU fans as thats the ship he commanded before he moved onto the Executor.

Perhaps thats One way the SSD COuld be introduced into the game. Piett Movng from the Accuser and the Executor becoming the Empires Naval Unit Hero with Admiral Piett :)

well I mean is that important? as long as we have Executor everything will be fine! :D oh, will this mode also include DS2? and will it be incomplete? or you'll have the chance to make it grow to its fullest potential?

- I have you now!

- Obi-wan never told you what happened to your father...

- If you only knew the power of the Dark Side...

- Evacuate?In Our Moment of Triumph?*BOOM*

"Visit Spriters Resource at their new home!"

1.Will unlrealistic star wars stuff like han disabling at-ats be removed?

2.How will heros be ballanced?

3.Will this mod provide every good aspect from swr? Diplomacy,Leadership and ranks?ETC

4.Can you give us a list of planets that you wil add?

1. We're going for realism.

2. Heros can die and you don't get them all at once, they are given in their time period. Please specify Multi or SP please.

3. if its possible, yes.

4. its a WIP list which I won't release.

You could have asked these on our forum :wink:

Jugg. If your going for realism I would suggest leaving out the Executor. Considering the current size of the other capital ships and fighters it wouldn't be a good idea.

The demo maps are just small besides every map will be remade to be big. Plus with the speed button it ain't a problem.

Well you can just make the SSD 2-3 times i.e. longer then the normal SD's that way it wont take to much room i think, but yea pends on the map size in space i suppose they can be made the maps larger and all objects on the map are movable anyway so SSD at 5 times the leangth which is the correct leagnth of SSD compared to the SD is good for map space!

it has a superior firepower of course.... nut have you noticed that with the Executor this mod became without redemption the most looked at? it is a lesson to the game, someone will always be there to give the players what you didn't want! Legacy of War, we love you!

- I have you now!

- Obi-wan never told you what happened to your father...

- If you only knew the power of the Dark Side...

- Evacuate?In Our Moment of Triumph?*BOOM*

"Visit Spriters Resource at their new home!"

Legacy of War is one of the mods I look forward to the most. The detail on the models is excellent! Can't wait to see the full SSD. I bet it will be great.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/NightshadowDragon/RyuuKageSIG.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/NightshadowDragon/AoSW-JCW_Banner.jpg