Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2

Ghostly_Substance

Well I might be getting this game tomorrow and well just been wondering if anybody has this and whats their fav map. Well any starting tips or anything or should I just use my Battlefield 2 skills in this game ?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a basic FPS. Some good maps to practice on are Bespin Platforms, as there's a good chokepoint and its basically just a head on map, no real strategy involved. Another fun map is Hoth, especially if you're playing as Imperials, although if you can defend Hoth successfully as the Rebels on Hard difficulty, you'll have earned my respect, hehe. Also play Rhen Var Citadel. Just a general fun maze-like map.

Admiral Cotla Charre

Imperial Navy

i like the bespin street level,and kamino its pretty fun. the best things to do is get the spawn points and you basically win.i like to use super droids,stormtropers,jet troopers, and rebel snipers myself
I've have you now - Lord Vader

From what I seen I like Hoth and Endor. I bet my views on this will change.

Imp Scout Trooper, Darktrooper.

Up for a game tomorrow ? :roll: Thats if I get the game :?

just to let you know, the clone/trooper snipers can only zoom once, the droids/rebels can zoom twice. and dark trooper has a pack that makes him jump sorta far, his primary weap is weak, and you cant control well in air,got to align, get an angle, etc. i think if you want an air dude go jetpack. the newer armor looks cool.

Jabba map ? I thought only the PS2 version had that. Well its nice then. Well then from what you people posted I think its more of taste and opinion :roll:

Battlefront is a great game if you have a friend to play splitscreen galactic conquest with you. (Of course splitscreen is only in the console versions) That's pretty much all I have ever done with the game, so i think it's great. It's a shame though, that there isn't much internet players here in Finland. Sometimes it feels like no matter how good you play, the outcome of the battle is like it's been randomly selected. It feels that you can't make much of a difference. Luckily Battlefront II should change all that, so I'm looking forward to spending countless hours with that one. Bottom line: If you have a Star Wars-loving friend to play it with, the game is great, if not, it's still ok.
Go Leafs go!

yeah i played this game with my friends little brother one night while i was babysitting, he whooped me so i beat the crap out of him. I thought it was pretty cool, you can be destroyer droids, that was fun. Good luck with it!

Battlefront is a great game if you have a friend to play splitscreen galactic conquest with you. (Of course splitscreen is only in the console versions) That's pretty much all I have ever done with the game, so i think it's great. It's a shame though, that there isn't much internet players here in Finland. Sometimes it feels like no matter how good you play, the outcome of the battle is like it's been randomly selected. It feels that you can't make much of a difference. Luckily Battlefront II should change all that, so I'm looking forward to spending countless hours with that one. Bottom line: If you have a Star Wars-loving friend to play it with, the game is great, if not, it's still ok.

i would have to disagree with you there, i played as a stormtrooper/super droid/etc. and i was pretty good ( on normal, now trying hard) annd i pretty much won most of my battles. although it seems more random in the hard setting, the odds are always in the favpor of my enimies :?

I had a close win, 2/4 and I killed all four droids without losing the 2. This was at the Winter map.

Its not in the manual or i'm looking at it wrong but how do I call my droid out when i'm scout or roll up when i'm Droideka ? I also pressed every key near the alphabet section.Great game btw.

I had a close win, 2/4 and I killed all four droids without losing the 2. This was at the Winter map.

Its not in the manual or i'm looking at it wrong but how do I call my droid out when i'm scout or roll up when i'm Droideka ? I also pressed every key near the alphabet section.Great game btw.

Have you played in Jabba's Palace yet? (Included in the 1.2 patch) That is a great map for firefights.

ok i play battlefront all the time and always on hard i rarely get fewer then 40 kills (sometimes more then 100) and i never lose....so i'm not sure what u meen when u say u don't influence the battle enough....all i do is run around with no strategy other then find all command points and stand there killin everything till i own them all.....also rebel hoth on hard is easy to do....

Holly crap the game is rushed.

I couldn't chose 2 sides in the campaign AND I could have beatin it in 5-10 hours :shock: What the heck were the devs doing ? Look at 1942 and Battlefront 2, it has way more stuff :shock:

I'm not saying its bad but its fun but it had right stuff in being the best game out there but nooooo you have to rush it and make Battlefield 2.

edit: Typo

Beat the Clone Wars campaign in less then 1:30. Lol was fun tho. Now its conquer the Galaxy quest :) I like the cinematics :) Geonosis is one of my fav maps.

Top 3 fav maps of mine:

-Bespin maps

-Hoth

-Kamino

Fav faction:

-Empire and Republic

Class: Stormtrooper/Clonetrooper and Pilot/Clone pilot

Now this forum can die :)

edit: Ok then it wont :?

No it can't. We can use this same thread for Battlefront II, wich is coming soon. I know im buying it, its not going to be so rushed, and it will have tons of new material in it.

yeh, gonna buy that to. Seems they listened for once and added some more solo content (ie longer campaigns featuring the 501st). SWBF1 was more or less meant to be a multiplayer game like Battlefield 1 sadly :shock: