Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2

Ghostly_Substance

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only real problems I have the game don't really have to do with gameplay, its just to me:

- A lot of the ships don't look right to me, such as the Calamari crusier, the trade fed control ships, and the victory star destroyers.

-and what is up with LAATs being able to fight in space?

The thing I like most to do is mow down clone troopers as darth maul, I love throwing my saber at a trooper far away and as it is coming back it nails another that got in its way. :lol:

Only real problems I have the game don't really have to do with gameplay, its just to me:

- A lot of the ships don't look right to me, such as the Calamari crusier, the trade fed control ships, and the victory star destroyers.

-and what is up with LAATs being able to fight in space?

I agree the mon cal is, pathetic there is hardly any texture on it, the trade feds one is not bad.

Evacuate, in our moment of triumph. I think you overestimate their chances. :)

Please can you post a comment on My clone story, in fan fiction. :)

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=2306.0

(\_/)

(O.O)

(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination

LAATs are space capable, they just don't have a hyperdrive. Their primary use was ground assault ships, but they made for nasty gunships in space also.

I got to play this game at the LAN center and I still don't like it. The AI is still retarded (I walked right past the enemy on the hardest difficulty on some city map and they didn't fire at me), weapons still don't feel right, and they've gotten rid of most of the ground vehcile maps. Yes, there are space fighter maps, but I don't like the controls or feel of the space fighters and the TIE isn't agile or fast enough to pose a threat to a decent X-wing pilot. Also they nerfed the graphics on the PC so it could be easily ported to console, so the PC game look very mediocre. Blah...

LAATs are space capable, they just don't have a hyperdrive. Their primary use was ground assault ships, but they made for nasty gunships in space also.

Nah, it is only atmospheric:

Rugged, combat-equipped repulsorcraft, Republic attack gunships rained down blistering barrages of laser and rocket retribution against the droid forces of the Separatists. Each winged gunship was covered in weapons, offering air-to-ground and air-to-air support as well as serving as an infantry transport.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/republicgunship/?id=bts

it is a repulsorcraft, meaning it would work as well as a landspeeder in space.

From what I read they were deployed and retrieved from orbit.

From wikipedia:

LAAT/i (Space-deployed)

Certain models of this transport can deploy from space, but requires a mothership vessel such as the Acclamator-class assault ship (This variant could be called a High Altitude Assault Transport). This variant appears in Star Wars: Battlefront II.

Edit: Ahhhh.... Different variant. Also they show them being deployed from orbit in the animated series.

From what I read they were deployed and retrieved from orbit.

From wikipedia:

LAAT/i (Space-deployed)

Certain models of this transport can deploy from space, but requires a mothership vessel such as the Acclamator-class assault ship (This variant could be called a High Altitude Assault Transport). This variant appears in Star Wars: Battlefront II.

Edit: Ahhhh.... Different variant. Also they show them being deployed from orbit in the animated series.

Yea, the clone wars cartoon showed them being deployed from space too, but the immediatley go into the atmosphere. I'm sure BF2 will solidify it as a spacecraft tho.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got Battlefront 2 today and its actually pretty good. Fairly well done and I like this quote:

"We need more soilders like you" other stormtroopers say ;) LOL. My fav map is Mustafar and Tantive IV. I cant remember the other one but its a good game. Anakin is the strongest hero for newbies. DeathStar is cool but I didn't see any places I recognized.