Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2

Ghostly_Substance

I didn't like SWBF1 for a variety of reasons. Dumb AI (somewhat forgivable though), didn't like the way most of the weapons felt, and I never could pilot any of the flying craft effectively (which is odd to me, I'm good in the battlefield series.)

I'm holding off on SWBF2 untill I'm sure its a better game than the first. By this I don't mean by throwing in a ton of new stuff and updating the graphics, I want better AI, weapons, vehicles, and map layouts.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swiftdraw, SWBF2 will have improved AI, bigger maps and Rogue Squadron-like fighter control. (I agree, SWBF1 had bad fighter controls)

Zarbryn, I think SWBF1 is clearly at its best in Split-screen multiplayer. That's the reason I'm buying SWBF2 for PS2 instead of a PC.

Go Leafs go!

Zarbryn, I think SWBF1 is clearly at its best in Split-screen multiplayer. That's the reason I'm buying SWBF2 for PS2 instead of a PC.

Can't say, haven't tried it :) But in general, I hate fps on consoles (like my mouse/keyboard to much) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know were I can download singleplayer maps ? The maps in battlefront are..........lacking.

Only maps I like are Hoth, Rhen Var: Harbor, Geonosis, and Bespin (not the platform)

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone part of Fileplanet.

"FilePlanet subscribers rejoice! The multiplayer beta of Star Wars Battlefront II from LucasArts is now available. Keys are limited so get yours quick!"

I must not fear

Fear is the mind-killer

Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration

I will face my fear

I will permit it to pass over me and through me

And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing

Only I will remain

-- The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

from the novel Dune by Frank Herbert

http://www.petroglyphgames.com/images/hierarchy_banner1.jpg

I cant so i'm missing part of the pie. If its anything to do with prices and internet I cant be involved unless someone will order things online but I doubt it. Anyways very nice :)

Well theres a Battlefront 2 beta out for fileplanet subscribers and if your one of them just say if its good or bad :roll:

I know i'm about a day or somewhat late about it.

• 2 weeks later...

The beta ain't too bad, I love how they limited the number of darktroopers and droidekas on the maps. The heroes rule too, playing Boba Fett yesterday kicked sooooo much ass!

Space battles are pretty nice as well, although I can't hit sh*t with fighters yet.

All in all, a pretty nice title!

Everything feels like a cheap knock off of Battlefield. I know thw whole game play comes directly from Battlefield. But it doesn't do much new stuff. Also the whole battlefield feels caothic, not right; The feel in battlefield is smooth.

Although I do Like the space combat, I just think it could have been done a lot better. In battlefield I feel like I really make a difference in the game.

I know I am being hard on the game since it is just a beta. It still going to be a good game, just not a great game.

How do you get the shields down on the enmy ships in the space battle?

I must not fear

Fear is the mind-killer

I will face my fear

Only I will remain

I see the shields go down when I shoot at them, goes down faster with bomber. I don't where to use the turbo laser, because I seen them fire, but not sure if it was done radomly. I haven't looked much in the ships for controls or something I could attack.

I know I said there are little difference between this game and Battlefield, but I play as the Genral of the Confeds. And I ran through every clone trooper that came my way(Most were bots :( ).

I must not fear

Fear is the mind-killer

I will face my fear

Only I will remain

A clan is a good idea, the only problem is whether we could actually play together, after all we are from different areas on the globe. When I played BF:1 over the internet, there was a disturbingly low number of players. I suspect there might be some problems.
Go Leafs go!

Me and Fosh tried creating a PFF Clan but nobody wanted to join..............I haven't played the BF2 beta for awhile since Black and White 2 came into view.

Well it was laggy the last time I played and very annoying. Damn spawn campers and me then warping.....Ya it was my connection but then my net was fine so it was the people's server.