Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2

Ghostly_Substance

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sry but clans r for people who can't function on their own. Clans hold you back from getting better.

O' how wrong art thou... Allow me to count the ways

1) All but 1 clan/guild/squad I've been in have simply there to have a group of like minded players keep in contact. It was easier to set up games that meshed with all our schedules.

2) Once you play with a certian group of people for a while, you get a feel for their tatics. A good team knows what each member is doing, how he/she is doing it and thus you don't have to worry about you arse is covered or not.

3) If your in a competitive clan that preticipates in tournies, if you don't improve you butt usually gets booted from the clan. I know this happens in CS:S CAL clans a lot.

4) I've never encounter a clan that dis-couraged solo play. Heck many of the competitive clans encourage solo net play to improve skill.

I could go on, but my cousin's kid is screaming and I can't really concentrate....

Is anyone going to mod this game like the mods that are popping up of EaW? It seems when the thing finally ships, there's going to be little in the way of new vehicles (other than more fighters).

Would be fun to see a vehicle-centric mod done in the vein of Forgotten Hope (a great BF1942 mod for armored combat).

I've heard of the SW mod for BF1942 (Galactic Conquest), is that kinda like what I described?

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a242/CptK/StarCruiser.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone get SW BF 2 yet? I see it on the shelves so I know its out. I see the game sites all gave it high scores, but that means little to me anymore. So is crap like the first one, or did they actually improve it?

I'll let you know when it comes in the mail tomorrow or Friday.

Edit: It came today (Saturday). If it hadn't been shipped USPS I would have gotten it much sooner. :( This isn't about gameplay, but upon openning the dvd box thing I first noticed the four cds (get the dvd version). Also when looking for the cd key I noticed the EaW ad on the back cover of the manual. I'll make a new post when I discuss gameplay after I have gotten to actually play it.

I didn't get to play any space maps. However I'm going to review it anyway. Surprisingly the gameplay is very similar to Battlefront 1 :P . If you enjoyed Battlefront 1 then you most likely will like #2 as well.

:arrow: The heroes are a neat added feature, and yes in the hands of a capable person can be devastating.

:arrow: If you want a game that is similar to Battlefield 2 then this probably isn't the game for you. There are a few vehicles, but the gameplay mostly centers around infantry. A few well placed rockets kill off most light vehicles (it takes a lot to kill an AT-AT).

:arrow: Overall it's an enjoyable game with a few bugs and fun gameplay. The graphics are pretty nice, but are not amazing by any stretch of the imagination (a slight improvement over Battlefront 1), but it looks decent on a good system (mine and I didn't say that to brag).

:arrow: Multiplayer is very stable although there is some lag and there are lots of servers.

:arrow: My rating: 8.3/10

Just got BF2 i love it! Not a good enough connection though to play online, not yet at least :( Anyway its really fun.

I'm probalby the only person here that got it for the PS2, so I'll review it too.

As Garbageben said, the gameplay is very similar to BF1. Only a few changes have been made, these are the ones I can remember right now:

-The ability to sprint

-The ability to tigerjump forwads

-The ability to lock on to enemies (isn't like auto aim, but if the enemy goes out of your field of view, your head turns automatically. Also makes it easier to see enemies in the dark, 'cuz they have crosshairs around them)

-The unability to crawl

-Easier "follow me"-system.

The graphics are maybe even worse than in BF1, but they're not bad, either. If you have a 50hz TV this game will look like scrambled eggs, though.

The HUD has been changed, and it changed for the better.

Enemies (and the player, of course) die even easier this time. Be sure to take cover, always.

The space battles sounded like a great addition to BF2, but they're not that great. You can destroy enemy fighters, medium sized ships and capital ship hardpoints. You can even fly into an enemy hangar and sabotage their fighters and destroy the hardpoints from the inside. Sadly, the capital ship interiors are extremely small. What I like best in Space battles is a special technique I've developed. Fly into an enemy hangar, hide behind their fighters, and when someone takes a fighters, attach a time bomb onto it and watch it blow up in space. Anyway, space battles aren't everything they were cracked up to be.

Heros can be devastating, and they can be devastatingly fun at times.

The single player campaign has improved a LOT. No more ordinary "win this battle to get to the next mission"-things, this time you'll have objectives. If you fail to complete them or are too slow, your army will most likely lose.

The Galactic conquest has also improved a lot. There will be a galactic, map and you'll have to buy different soldier classes and bonuses.

Overall, BF2 is a great game and definetly better than BF1

Score: 8.0 (Great)

Go Leafs go!

You mean money short? Well i know how you feel, i think is ridiculous how much they are charging for the XBOX 360 fully loaded and everything - $400 thats freaking insane. Things used to be 100, then 200, i was ok with that but 300 was a bit pricey, but ive had the PS2 and XBOX for years and i love em. Now they are making $400 dollar systems! insane, i can list off of the top of my head 10 things to beter spend 400 on. Anyway BF2 awesome game, im getting a bit better too :D

You mean money short? Well i know how you feel, i think is ridiculous how much they are charging for the XBOX 360 fully loaded and everything - $400 thats freaking insane. Things used to be 100, then 200, i was ok with that but 300 was a bit pricey, but ive had the PS2 and XBOX for years and i love em. Now they are making $400 dollar systems! insane, i can list off of the top of my head 10 things to beter spend 400 on. Anyway BF2 awesome game, im getting a bit better too :D

Haha yea, it is almost better now to just build yourself a nice desktop, than buy one of these new systems.

And the PS3 is likely to cost over 500 dollars! 500 dollars+the high taxes in Finland=INSANITY! Thank goodness I'm not going to buy it.

Go Leafs go!

Not really.... That would require the Russians to actually have some sort of network connecting the silos and have that network accessable to the public internet (which most military nets aren't.) Also to launch the missiles, fuel is required. :P

Finally got my hands on it this weekend and I must say it is much better than the original. I never bothered buying the first one, but this is a must have for star wars fans.

but like someone said in another thread, sucks they don't have bespin, I mean I can understand not having Alderaan or Cato Neimodia, but Bespin was a main star wars planet. Ah well doesn't hurt the game that much.