1. 1. Which is your favorite movie?

• Episode I - The Phantom Menace
    • Episode II - Attack of the Clones
    • Episode IV - A New Hope
    • Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
    • Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
    • I'm still waiting on Episode III!

Guest Admiral_Antilles
The Empire Strikes Back would evenbeen better if they showed some of the bounty hunters in action, like axing some people of importance. :twisted:
Rather gory, Bill.

From the posts bill has posted over the last few days I have come to the conclusion he's a twisted sick man! :twisted::twisted:

Just kiddin ya bill! :wink:

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that we know what people like about TESB, I'd like to speculate why people do not like Episodes I and IV.

Episode one is quite simple: It does not have the feel. Many many cool ideas, concepts, characters etc, but it is a patchwork. Was it supposed to be a Disney movie, or why is there such a thing like Jar Jar Something? The second major baddie buys the farm in his second battle. What are these force-things called? Midi-chlorians? Ha, don't make me laugh, they sound too much like Mitochondrien (dunno what is the English term for them). It's just bogus. Or C-3PO contructed by Anakin. In Ep IV, he is supposed being operational without memory wipe for 112 years. The whole Trade Federation and their reasons for risking the destruction of their whole guild is just rubbish. Hmph.

I really do not like the character of Anakin Skywalker in Ep 1, but the Pod Race is really cool. Just like the fight with Maul. The Jedis' fights with the droids are nothing to make anyone proud, though.

As for Episode IV, it was the first. The solo movie, which got extended to two (three, maybe) trilogies. Of all films it feels the youngest, the most fairy-tale like.

But it also has two great actors: Sir Peter Cushing could be the definition of a hard villain, and the other Sir fills the screens with his calm presence. The lightsaber duel is very tame compared to the whirlwind in Episode I & II, but an event nontheless.

What really bothers me is that Episode I & II throw the whole consitency out of the window. What all Star Wars authors since Heir to the Empire tried to create as a fitting system, the new films break. Just the appearance of the DS or the Threepio issue ruin the whole EU.

It's all hopeless but otherwise not very dramatic. - Helme Haffax

Englishman: "What do you think of Modern Civilization?"

Mahatma Gandhi: "That would be a good idea."

Now that we know what people like about TESB, I'd like to speculate why people do not like Episodes I and IV.

Episode one is quite simple: It does not have the feel. Many many cool ideas, concepts, characters etc, but it is a patchwork. Was it supposed to be a Disney movie, or why is there such a thing like Jar Jar Something? The second major baddie buys the farm in his second battle. What are these force-things called? Midi-chlorians? Ha, don't make me laugh, they sound too much like Mitochondrien (dunno what is the English term for them). It's just bogus. Or C-3PO contructed by Anakin. In Ep IV, he is supposed being operational without memory wipe for 112 years. The whole Trade Federation and their reasons for risking the destruction of their whole guild is just rubbish. Hmph.

I really do not like the character of Anakin Skywalker in Ep 1, but the Pod Race is really cool. Just like the fight with Maul. The Jedis' fights with the droids are nothing to make anyone proud, though.

As for Episode IV, it was the first. The solo movie, which got extended to two (three, maybe) trilogies. Of all films it feels the youngest, the most fairy-tale like.

But it also has two great actors: Sir Peter Cushing could be the definition of a hard villain, and the other Sir fills the screens with his calm presence. The lightsaber duel is very tame compared to the whirlwind in Episode I & II, but an event nontheless.

What really bothers me is that Episode I & II throw the whole consitency out of the window. What all Star Wars authors since Heir to the Empire tried to create as a fitting system, the new films break. Just the appearance of the DS or the Threepio issue ruin the whole EU.

The same gripes most of us have over those movies you have very well pointed out. EPIV also seems to introduce many ideas (different Imperial insignia, C-3PO and R2-D2 being the main characters, etc) that were eventually changed to fit TESB and ROTJ. What I mean is that many ideas of how STAR WARS would be had to be changed due to the addition of the other two movies. It was the special editions that made the original trilogy flow a tad better, making them seem to connect far better than they had originally (i.e. the Jabba scene in EPIV, etc).

Aye but compare them to other series of fils and then you see how good they are. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Another reason why ESB is the best star wars movie is the asteriod chase scene.
Aye, indeed!

SWARMER? :? Hmm...he must be on a VERY extended vacation since I've never met him (same goes for UntimleyDemise and Skynxnex). :? It would rather funny if they happened to disappear when I showed up. :roll:

Another reason why ESB is the best star wars movie is the asteriod chase scene.

Yes, and it has the best part of the soundtrack. Indeed, my favourite piece of soundtrack ever.

The asteroid scene in EP II is better action and effect-wise, but the atmosphere and general feel just do not keep up.

It's all hopeless but otherwise not very dramatic. - Helme Haffax

Englishman: "What do you think of Modern Civilization?"

Mahatma Gandhi: "That would be a good idea."

The sonic charges are fantastic, particularly in the cinema! :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away