29 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite movie?

• Episode I - The Phantom Menace
    • Episode II - Attack of the Clones
    • Episode IV - A New Hope
    • Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
    • Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
    • I'm still waiting on Episode III!

Let's throw out a poll that everyone here should be able to answer: Which of the STAR WARS movies is your favorite? Just vote and perhaps add a comment as to why you voted such (be sure to include which one you voted for in your post, of course). I'm sure this has been done before (if not: :?: ), but that was before I showed up on the scene. So . . . go to it. Additionally, Scath, our stats-man may even appreciate this. :wink:

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the moons of Tatooine does it take a long time to make a poll! Having to hit "Add Option" over and over and over . . .

I voted for The Empire Strikes Back simply because of the amount of Empire it showed and the fact that it seemed like the Empire was winning! Plus it had all those awesome views of Star Destroyers and the Executor! Last, but most certainly not least, it had the best representation and of a true ranking system within it's few hours!

I voted for ROTJ, not for the obvious reason which is Leia in a gold bikini, but for the fact that it is the only movie that actually had a Cap ship on Cap ship space battle....... and for the fact that Ewoks die :twisted:

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

I agree with wormie, ROTJ is great (my second favorite) because of the final battle! I don't, however, like the ground battle too much because it seemed rather unreal (Ewoks and a few rebels destroying/killing a legion of stormtroopers? :? Please!). I dislike the fact that the Empire lost of the Battle of Endor and practically cry everytime I see the Exectuor crash into the Death Star II! The whole battle, all in all, just didn't seem realistic, but then again the good guys have to win. :evil::x

And how DID that A-Wing get past Executors sheilds anyway?

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Just goes to show you that the when the good guys have to win, they will . . . even with a fleet larger than their own and a Death Star against them. Just look at the Thrawn series . . . if it wasn't because of Thrawn's death (which I still do not understand how he hadn't predicted it), the Republic would have lost, but because the Republic can't lose . . . ugh! :x

A more down to Earth scenario: the hero has only a magazine full of ammo and has to fight off an entire army. So with only 20 bullets and his badly working rifle which doesn't shoot automatic fire some how makes out of his foxhole, shoots full automatic fire at anyone and everyone he sees, kills all the bad guys, walks around with long hair and looks like an idiot, wins the girl, and, of course, blows off the government. How stupid.

TESB!!!

The climax of drama in the Star Wars saga. And it doesn't have Ewok one thing oculd have been incorporated there, though, Leia in a golden bikini!!!

The bridge shileds of the Executor were down when the A-WIng came thorough, the secondary bridge did not react quik enough to maneuver the SSD away from the gravitational effect of the Death Star.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

The bridge shileds of the Executor were down when the A-WIng came thorough, the secondary bridge did not react quik enough to maneuver the SSD away from the gravitational effect of the Death Star.

I think he was being sarcastic, Trej.

It still doesn't seem very realistic, though, especially considering the amount of armor those ships have. Along with that, it doesn't take the control of the bridge to keep a ship from going out of control. In the Navy, I know for a fact that during combat both the command bridge and the combat bridge are manned 24/7 and if something happens to one, then the other one has long since been maneuvering and comandeering the ship. Along with that, there's always a seperate location in one of the under-decks that keep a horrible thing such as the knock out of both bridges from affecting the ship's escape. What I mean, is, with a ship the size of the Executor there was probably a secondary, a third, and a combat bridge, along with about a billion other places the ship could have been flown seperately. It simply doesn't seem realistic to me that a single A-Wing can cause the downfall of a ship more than a hundred times its size! But, of course, it was a Rebel, thus "good guy/hero" A-Wing so it has to be able to do what it did. :x How disgusting. :x

:wink:

Well guys, it has to be The Empire Strikes Back, because it's the darkest of the movies, had exactly what we all basically want in Star Wars; lots of Star Destroyers, an even larger one at that, revelations about the Force, and our rebel heros being driven hither and thither by Imperial might....

..and no Ewoks.

Good poll.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Well guys, it has to be The Empire Strikes Back, because it's the darkest of the movies, had exactly what we all basically want in Star Wars; lots of Star Destroyers, an even larger one at that, revelations about the Force, and our rebel heros being driven hither and thither by Imperial might....

..and no Ewoks.

I think you also forgot no Jar-Jar Binks. :lol:

Good poll.

Thank you, Jahled. :)

By the way, I don't know about the rest of you, but when I went to go see Attack of the Clones opening night at midnight, I wasn't as excited as I had been when, say the special editions came out and when I was standing in line for The Phantom Menace. I think it had to do with the disappointment I got when I saw Phantom. Did anyone else feel the same way about Episode II?

Emm..i'm actually holding back about my overall verdict on the prequels until Episode III. I admit feeling glum after Ep.I, but what were we all expecting? It's the time of the Old-Republic, so no Star Destroyers, no Imperial Stormtroopers or Officers, and no TIE fighters. I think George was trying to focus Ep.I on the opening lines of the original Star Wars book, where he talks about the corruption of the republic's senate and the manipulation of Palpatine. As far as the latter is concerned he has succeeded brilliantly as the tale unfolds. In Ep.II, Palpatine is engineering a rebellion against the disintergrating republic he is the head of just so he has an excuse to create his army of clones/Stormtroopers.

Despite all the 'I'm a frustrated teenager,' Anakin bits in Ep.II, the plot is working superbly. When I left the movie theater after Ep.II I was having a rush; the final scene in Ep.II involves just what Palpatine, the Emperor, had designed and engineered, the creation of his legions of Stormtroopers and the first hints of his Navy, that look a decade or two away from a Star Destroyer. He's looking on all chuffed from the balcony; but look at poor old hippy Bail Antilles, he looks on, and then away in despair; perhaps he's just figured out what's gone on.... and then they played Imperial March.... I left the movie buzzing!

Yep, I did.

AS to the whole Imperial Debacle at Endor there is still that Theory of Thrawn that Palpy was contorlilng their minds all along and after he died they did not have the motivation to go on fighting.

Spoken of in the book of ROTJ, I mean how the heck would the rebels defeat all those mile long Star Destroyers with 300 meter long Nebulons and a couple of converted civilian Mon Calamari Cruisers? Even in the original book it states at the battle of Yavin the Imperial fighters had better targeting systems and lasers (sadly not reflected in our favourite game). The Imperial forces were plunged into confusion; not perhaps because they were directly mind-controlled, but say because they were greatly motivated by the dark side of the force.....

Like the films how they are...

And I did really enjoy EPI I and II.. especially the balcony scene.

You know what I am thinking? Mace Windu is a corrupted Jedi. Or he foresees a split in the Jedi order.

Some hints:

- he was a good friend of Qui Gon. QG was really a rogue Jedi.

- he was a friend of Dooku. Who really is a 'rogue' Jedi.. from a certain point of view

- Yoda heard Qui Gon's voice saying 'Anakin!'. In the book of the movie, this is something that really shocks Yoda. He thought of some way that Anakin could reach other 'ghosts'. But however, he didn't share this moment with Mace Windu.

- Only Anakin, Dooku and Palpatine to kill all the Jedi.. they need some rogues

- Sidious/Palpatine needs an Jedi Council insider. And it is not logical when this is a stupid no-no Jedi council member, but it should be a major leader of the council. Actually, then only Mace Windu and Yoda remain. Yoda is definetely not the betrayer.

- it is definetely an anticlimax!

But only gissing!

Z'anthr saves the world. Sorry about the mess...

Emm..some interesting thoughts Tk, dude, but without wishing to sound like a smug know it all (I know no more than the rest of us!!) I think the final battle scenes in EP.II spelt out the demise for the Jedi Order in the eyes and mind of George. The constant referances said by Mace/Yoda (i'm watching the footie in England at the same time, so my quality of referance is constantly distracted...!!!) about being unable to spare Jedi for missions, spells out out the order's doom in his vision. It's symbolic.

All the high council can muster take on the droid army, before Yoda arrives with Palpatine's future Stormtroopers.... No treachery is needed, the deception has already been cast by Palpatine, the future Emperor. He is destroying their ranks through the conflict he has engineered... :!:

Points well made, Jahled. But I think that the point of Palpatine being the engineering of transmforming the Republic into the Empire is quite clear.

To a weird point: in Episode I, where did Jar-Jar suddenly get the balls to tell a bunch of Gungans "Steady, steady"? Also, when Darth Maul suddenly appeared in front of the group, why didn't someone just shoot him and get it done with? It would have been easier that way. And has anyone ever noticed that the music they play when the Trade Federation's troops invade Naboo and engage the Gungans sounds A LOT like the Nazi theme in MANY World War II movies? (you can kind of tell I'm what movie I'm watching and what part I'm at now . . . stupid little Anakin! :x )

My favorite movie is The Empire Strikes Back because it shows the Empire kicking the rebel scums butts. Vader is at his best when he tries to corrupt Lukie and the empire is triumphant. I hated the ending of RotJ so much, even though I knew Lucas would make the rebels win. - Grand Moff Conway

Guest Scathane
In having overlooked the Episode III option, I boldly voted AotC... Edited by Scathane

Guest Scathane
Scath, I didn't understand what you wrote. :? Did you mean to say you wanted to vote for AOTC?
No, I wanted to vote for still waiting for Episode III.

TK's argument is valid, Lucas once said that at first Windu had been meant as a traitor to the Jedi, he said he had dropped the idea, but perhpas he rethought everything and we'll have Mace going over.