1. 1. Which is your favorite movie?

• Episode I - The Phantom Menace
    • Episode II - Attack of the Clones
    • Episode IV - A New Hope
    • Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
    • Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
    • I'm still waiting on Episode III!

Glad to hear it. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Care to explain why you were dissapointed by them? The usual Jar Jar and annoying brat theory?

What did you like about the ST films? They didn't have any Jedi!!!

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Guest Scathane

ST is Star Trek, I presume... ST isn't comparable to SW in any way... SW is a classical story: heroes in white, the ultimate evil, knights, princesses, etc. It's all there.

ST is more realistic and has a more social approach to things. By the way, if you ask me, the ST movies don't cut it with regard to the ST-series, so, for that matter, I don't really thin the ST movies were revolutions either.

By the way, Elvis, what are your EpIII Theories?

The new SW movies went under my expectation in oposite to the ST movies they were all revolutions.
Granted, the SW prequels weren't as great as we all expected, but how are they not as good as the Star Trek movies? And how on earth are all the ST movies revolutions? :?

Guest Scathane

The new SW movies went under my expectation in oposite to the ST movies they were all revolutions.
Granted, the SW prequels weren't as great as we all expected, but how are they not as good as the Star Trek movies? And how on earth are all the ST movies revolutions? :?
I concur with your views, SOCL. Please tell us, Dude22...

I'm a ST fan too, but I really don't think, that the ST movies are such good.

:arrow: Patrick Steward (Cpt. Picard) was here in Hungary few months ago, and there were people asking him about the ST movies. He said that the directors really have to rest for a while, because ST is all the way down. No revolution here. Sadly. The new ST movie wasn't even released in Hungary. :cry:

Cos i think that the Story in ST always takes u away in total diferent areas the successional film is never like the preceding one. Lets c what we have. We have the first ST we all remember with the Voyager sattelite and the perfect Robotic beings. A revolution. May be the secret birth of the Borg. We have time travels in centuries ago, the conflict with Klingones, Cardasia, Borg and many more. What do u think we have in SW that is comparable to that diversity. OK we have Jedis using the Force fighting with Light Sabers ( practically total garbage cos light is weightless so the swords wont lock when they hit each other and that light stops after 1m but i dont wanne go in that direction anymore cos ST is also unrealistic)

and what I think the best actor Harrison Ford who emphasizes from the other average actors, and one conflict Imperium vs. Rebels thats all. OK it became larger with the SW I + II but there were no revolutions a simple plot no surprises no wow effects i wont go that fare and say that the films were boring cos the last quarter of an hour were interesting Jedis vs. idiot druids e.g. but sry thats all.

:arrow: I can agree, that Ep I. and II. were not revolutional. ( Except for the totally new, beutiful, artistically perfect backgrounds, like the deserts in Ep1 or the palace in Ep2)

:arrow: I also agree, that Harrison Ford was the only talented actor (except Lando), and all others just "grown" into their roles by the time.

:arrow: It's true, that the SW galaxy is more fantasy based then real, but I really don't want to compare the two worlds, because I like SW and ST too.

:arrow: The ST conception is based on facts, and sociological problems (altrough all races in the series behave completly like humans. Klingons are just a bit agressive, and so on. But this minor problem can be also found in SW). It's happening in our galaxy, even in our Sol system. The problems are real, difficult to solve, alot of ethic questions. There are no bad guys, and good guys at all. Not really relaxing, more interesting.

:arrow: SW gives more room for your imagination. It's not even placed in our galaxy. It's far away from here, with all it's tales and illusions. A place, where you can hide from your real life. Where you can see, what's right and what's wrong. It's more relaxing.

:!: Therefore everyone enjoys SW, because it's simple and amousing. ST is more for the scifi fans. So SW is breaking all scifi rules, and goes it's own way. That's why I think, SW movies are much bether than ST movs. But atleast, I'm sure ST movies aren't revolutional.

Mensch! Das ist doch ein wenig übertrieben! :wink:

I believe LaForge put it very well in saying that ST is more scifi than SW. Lucas himself--as much as I dislike him--stated it best that Star Wars is different from all other movies and series of its kind because it is not scifi as much as it is fantasy. Though SW is classified SciFi, I consider it SciFi Legend/Fantasy.

Guest Scathane
Cos i think that the Story in ST always takes u away in total diferent areas the successional film is never like the preceding one. Lets c what we have.
Yes, let's... because, first of all, I believe that the ST movies have a lot more in common than you are suggesting here. You want a shortlist:

ST I: Higher cloudlike lifeform in space that renders the Enterprise helpless; Spock is dealing with a a Vulcan/Human identity crisis
    ST II: Khan is an enemy of Kirk from one of the series' episodes; the Enterprise helpless without warpdrive; Saavik in a Vulcan identity crisis; Spock 'dies'
    ST III: Enterprise is crippled by Kruge; Kirk/McCoy and Sarek have trouble over, what else, Vulcan customs; Spock is reborn; Kirk is suspected of a crime
    ST IV: Spock is still suffering from his Vulcan fal-tor-pan; communication with noble lifefrom: whales; some time travel; arriving back in the twenty-third century, their ship is rendered helpless
    ST V: Another wacko ushering all things Vulcan, this time it's Sha Ka Ree, Vulcan heaven; and of course a 'higher' lifeform
    ST VI: Kirk is suspected of a crime again; the U.S.S. Enterprise and Excelsior are nearly rendered helpless
    ST Generations: the Enterprise suffers so much damage that the warp core nearly breaches; we deal with a 400 year-old life form; Data has continuous identity crises
    ST First Contact: The entire Starfleet Armada is nearly 'rendered helpless'; more time travel; Data seems to have a continuing identity crisis; they meet a noble and 'higher' lifeform... guess who: the Vulcans!
    ST Insurrection: they deal with 300 year old lifeforms some more

I think the best actor Harrison Ford who emphasizes from the other average actors
Just assuming this to be true for a moment, can you tell me who all those brilliant actors are in Star Trek? Moreover, what do you mean Harrison Ford emphasizes other average actors? What to think of Sir Alec Guinness, Peter Cushing, Samuel L. Jackson and Christopher Lee?

Don't get me wrong, I like both SW and ST, but Lord_La_Forge is right: please, don't compare them!!! La_Forge and SOCL are right about some other stuff as well: SW is and epic tale with heroes and villains and princesses, ST is more technical and base on our own social do's and dont's...

Edited by Scathane

Guest Scathane

I added you name to the remark of SW being a thing of heroes, villains and princesses, SOCL. At first, I hadn't seen your post there...

Anyway, I didn't post my previous post to diss ST... But, come on man, ST is good, but don't tell me all the ST-movies were all revolutions... That's over exaggerated!

U got me...plz...stop...I surrender...no no noooooooo...ah...eh...

A voice from a higher being fades through time and space:

"Ok let it be so in the chronicles both r not comparable SW is trashy fantasy and ST is exaggerated technical ado."

Guest Scathane
Allrighty, Dude22!!! Please guys, let's give Dude22 the warm welcome he deserves because he's one of those guys who posts the stuff that Evaders finds irritating! :wink::lol::twisted:

ST is better than SW and u will never change my opinion. But I´m pissed off argueing... there is more revolutionary... there is a pricess with big hooters...its more fantasy its more technical...there is this there is that, its a question of liking if u like big tits I say OK knead them and have fun but dont say ST and SW r not comparable cos they r

I must agree with that Dude21.

By the way..

We had a topic for this discussion some months ago. "Star Wars v. Star Trek" But it's died because we all agreed, that we should not compare it. I browsed for it, but it seems to be deleted too. So maybe Evader does delete the dead topics?

It's a restricted area. I knwo that Evaders can be strict, but I' have never thought he'd go as far as to create an Area 51 for http://swrebellion.net. :lol:

Scanthane u are not as clever as u think try

swrebellion.net instead and it will work :wink:

"I am growing stronger with the Force"