Movies

Darth_Rob

I was able to watch the Return of the King extended version (I think it was 4 hours) in one sitting! Stop your bellyaching and enjoy the show!

Omg, it's a DVD man! Don't you believe in an intermission? (The movie Theatres need that for any LOTR movie btw.)

Edited by Defender_16

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh you're a lazy punk too! Don't you have the patience to sit back, relax, and fully emerse yourself into a beautifully-produced film??? When I sat back to watch Lord of the Rings, I lost all concept of time. I didnt sit there and say, "man, Im tired of all this sitting. Is it done yet? Why are they still walking around?"

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Omg, it's a DVD man! Don't you believe in an intermission? (The movie Theatres nead that for any LOTR movie btw.)

I think you mean "need" Def :wink:

Gosh you're a lazy punk too! Don't you have the patience to sit back, relax, and fully emerse yourself into a beautifully-produced film??? When I sat back to watch Lord of the Rings, I lost all concept of time. I didnt sit there and say, "man, Im tired of all this sitting. Is it done yet? Why are they still walking around?"

I've sat in a saddle longer than that, and it doesn't have anywhere near the nice cushions and high back, plus cup holders!

[mumbles] whining young whipper-snappers [/mumbles off]

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I saw Spidey III today- kick-ass for the most part, though there is a rather disturbing, awkward, and not-quite-as-funny-as-it-seemed-it-was-supposed-to-have-been scene involving what I and my frineds agreed upon as being the "Emo Peter Parker." Ugh. Fortunately it got better.

Topher Grace makes an amazing Venom (some of the best lines ever) as well as a great character in general. The final fight (Which I won't give details away about) is truly world-class, though kind of predictable at a few points, and rather corny in one or two.

All in all I'd give the movie 3 1/2 to 4 stars. Good, with astounding special effects, but unfortunately with that same painful stupidity of using science as the equivelant of magic in a lot of cases...

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Spider man three you say? CAD time

Ah, CAD :)

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

See it- it vaguely reminds me of KotOR II in that it has a part that makes you go "What? That sucked! Argh!" (Though fortunately it isn't the ending that does this to you... That ending really hurt. Great game with a terrible ending! Argh! I almost don't want to replay it with darkside allignment...) but overall is friggin' awesome.

Warning: This picture may make you piss your pants it's so awesome.

12/14/07

The movie was pretty awesome. Of course I have a few contenuity issues (being a Spidey comic buff at a young age), but it was definitely the best of the three in my opinion. A must see for all!!!!!

PS- The next movie I look forward to is Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At Worlds End. I like the fact that the world is "flat" in this movie.

My Website

SPOILERS FOLLOW

I didn't like it. Well, not as much as the first two. The amount of potential they had, I think they threw it away. I believe the film's greatest weakness were too many villains. Two alone is pushing it, but trying to mix in three villain storylines, not to mention whatever Peter Parker has going on in his personal life. You have Harry Osborn getting revenge for his father's death, Venom thrown in for good measure, and then, for no good reason, Sandman. Venom was awesome, but I think they wasted an opportunity by having the useless Sandman storyline in there, which just diluted the drama and clarity of the movie as a whole. You look at the level of character development present in the first two films, especially for the Green Goblin, and anyone can tell it was significantly higher than anything else.

Certainly, I understand why they put in so many characters. Harry Osborn was simply inevitable following the second film's cliffhanger conclusion. Then the director had it in his mind they had to bring back the whole Ben Parker's deaths bit by bringing in Sandman as the apparent real killer. Then they tossed Venom in because...well, what would a The Amazing Spider-Man be without Venom coming in at some point? Here's the issue, you have the film running from dealing with one fellow to another to the point that it doesn't even give someone to process and let sink in the motivations and such like we were able to do with the Green Goblin and Doc Oct. Sandman came across two-dimensionally whose motivations were sympathetic, but then again, you have the ending where Parker forgives him and he floats away... What the hell? Doesn't he still need that money? Peter Parker had, literally, nothing to do with Sandman's search for money to save his daughter from imminent death. And then Venom would have been awesome, and I think a lot of people were expecting a very dramatic and climactic fight between Spidey and Venom, and yet...

It left much to be desired. The character Venom himself isn't actually in the film for more than half-an-hour! In my opinion, if they were so determined to bring the story full-circle with Ben Parker's killer, fine, so be it. And sure, Harry Osborn has to show up as a villain. That's fine, but in all honesty, despite my own desire for Venom's presence in the film, Eddie Brock's transformation to Venom was essentially useless. One of two things should have happened. Either Peter Parker gets rid of the symbiote and leaves it as a cliff-hanger for a fourth film with Brock as the obvious next victim and deal with Sandman, or cut Sandman out completely. Hell, I'd venture to say that you could probably cut all of the Sandman's parts in the movie out and the plot itself would not suffer at all. It'd be awkward, sure, and shorter, but it would make more sense and leave more time for you to concentrate the main villains.

I was actually rather disappointed. It was a good movie, but not as good as the previous two. Literally, towards the end of the movie, when Harry Osborn dies, I was impatiently awaiting the film's ending. And it took three endings, at that! Far too long.

It left much to be desired.

More Spoilers Below: Continue at own risk

I understand where you are coming from with the lack of villian character development. Three villians were too much. When I first saw the trailer, I assumed that Brock would bond with the symbiote only at the very end of the movie, and leave him for part four. Then I saw the trailer where they showed bits of Venom and Spidey fighting, and I said, "well, maybe its only a small battle". But when I saw Venom and Sandman team up, I shook my head. I also shook my head at the origin of the symbiote. I assumed that it either was going to come from Jameson's son (who was an astronaut, and returned from space in the second movie), or that Norman Osbourne had created it as a weapon, and Harry had found it and released it on Spidey. I didn't like the random meteor thing. And I also didn't like how Venom referred to himself as "I". It may sound stupid, but in the comics, he always said "we", referring to how much of a hold the symbiote was a part of him. Brock and the symbiote had a very strong bond, which wasn't as apparent in the film. Some can argue that maybe it was too soon to include that strong of a bond, but I don't. But I did enjoy that they included the symbiotes weakness of sound. I enjoyed the ending where Spidey trapped it in the makeshift cage. That was something I could see him doing in the comics.

I didn't like the "New Goblin". Harry ended up being lame, and the worst part is at the end when he comes to his senses and decides to help Spidey. I was actually happy with his death. I loved Norman Osbourne's character (as both Norman and Green Goblin), but Harry was a bit annoying at times. Im glad hes gone. And as Stan Lee said in the film, "nuff said."

But all in all, I liked it better than the second film. I did not like Doc Oc's character at all. He was totally unlike his comic book self, and of course he had to go and redeem himself at the end of the movie. But the second film, having just the one villian, still lacked good character development in my opinion. As far as the Sandman, I was happy with him. I felt he was well developed, from his origin to his (unfortunate) redemption. His character looked exactly like his comic persona (much like Jameson does), and wasn't an all-around bad guy, where you feel pity for him. And I loved when Harry burned him with his glider, making his arm turn to glass. That was classic.

In all, of course I have problems with the movie, but I still enjoyed it best. The first film was great, but was the "origin" film, so Peter and Spidey were not as developed yet. And I found the second film to be the most boring, mostly because Doc Oc sucked. But by this film, Spidey has been very well developed, and he was portrayed execellently with the symbiote suit (though only as Spidey- "emo Peter, as Tofu said, was very annoying). You also see how struggling Mary Jane is in finding work, for it is tough for her to get a steady job in the comics also. Sandman was a great addition to the film, and was the best portrayed villain (as in closest resembelence to the comic counterpart). Venom, while sort of disappointing, was nevertheless a welcome and highly anticipated last-minute addition, but I dont regret it (espicially since he will return since they didn't show his actual death). But this film was definitely the most action-packed of the three, with Spidey facing three villians, dealing with the symbiote suit feeding off his anger and frustration, and Peter's rocky relationship with MJ. Great movie.

My Website

When Harry died one of my friends almost cried. I laughed at him and threw smuggled-in-candy in his face for it. :P

I liked the New Goblin, if only because of that kickass Sky Stick! I want one of 'em! That thing was sweet as hell, and you know it! His redemption thing was kinda predictable, though, with "Oh, Spidey is getting his ass kicked. This last one'll finish him off- cue the cavalry to arrive." Ugh.

The final fight was cool, though, despite the corny teamwork ("Grab my hand for a super-dooper-double-kick!")

12/14/07

When Harry died one of my friends almost cried. I laughed at him and threw smuggled-in-candy in his face for it. :P

When you see him next time, throw some pencil shavings at him for good measure. He deserves it.

My Website

EDIT: I made Tofu's quote in black.. if you dont mind a spoiler.. go ahead and highlight..

When Harry died

Tofu... I'm gonna kill you for that.

Next time dude... before you say something that epic.. give a little warning. Like the other two people before you did.

Rob, SOCL.. thank you very much for your spoiler warnings. I'll read those posts AFTER I see the movie on Tues.

Freaking Tofu.....

Edited by JediHunter

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

When Harry died

Tofu... I'm gonna kill you for that.

Next time dude... before you say something that epic.. give a little warning. Like the other two people before you did.

Rob, SOCL.. thank you very much for your spoiler warnings. I'll read those posts AFTER I see the movie on Tues.

Freaking Tofu.....

Oh... Oops. Ah, well. As everyone has said, it was pretty predictable...

12/14/07

"Ah, well." Tofu? I think you're missing the point here.

You have basically ruined the movie going experience for me. Whether "pretty predictable" or not, I had not seen the movie yet, and now this epic event in the movie is ruined thanks to you. It would be like I had seen TPM or AotC or RotS before you and the next day just plain out said "oh dude, when Darth Maul died..." or "Dude I can't believe a guy named jango fett was the basis for all the clones".. or any other random fact spoiling some moment in the movie. You may like ruining movies for yourself and look up these things before the movie even reaches theaters, but I dont. Rob and SOCL were both smart and caring enough to put a spoiler warning on the beginning of their posts as to not RUIN a moment in the movie. A point which was lost to you, I guess... whether or not Tofu... it deserves more than an "Oh.. Oops. Ah, well." You couldve at least apologized.

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

"Ah, well." Tofu? I think you're missing the point here.

You have basically ruined the movie going experience for me. Whether "pretty predictable" or not, I had not seen the movie yet, and now this epic event in the movie is ruined thanks to you. It would be like I had seen TPM or AotC or RotS before you and the next day just plain out said "oh dude, when Darth Maul died..." or "Dude I can't believe a guy named jango fett was the basis for all the clones".. or any other random fact spoiling some moment in the movie. You may like ruining movies for yourself and look up these things before the movie even reaches theaters, but I dont. Rob and SOCL were both smart and caring enough to put a spoiler warning on the beginning of their posts as to not RUIN a moment in the movie. A point which was lost to you, I guess... whether or not Tofu... it deserves more than an "Oh.. Oops. Ah, well." You couldve at least apologized.

Jeez, sorry! I didn't know it was that big of a deal for you! As has been said, the plot is pretty weak, so that isn't really a major aspect of it hurt for you. There's still plenty to see, and really all it is is seeing. Sorry if that ruined it for you, but you could stand to be a bit less into it...

12/14/07

Jeez, sorry! I didn't know it was that big of a deal for you! As has been said, the plot is pretty weak, so that isn't really a major aspect of it hurt for you. There's still plenty to see, and really all it is is seeing. Sorry if that ruined it for you, but you could stand to be a bit less into it...

Tofu.. if Spidey 3 isnt a big deal for anyone who has mentioned it in this thread I would be surprised.. (No, I didn't say huge deal.) And in all reality Tofu I'm not all that into it.. im just into every movie i choose to go see and choose not to have the details ruined. I even choose not to watch trailers these days because they give away way too much... especially for action flicks.. and comedy flicks.... anyways.. Tofu.. why dont you just accept what you did and not flip out when someone is mad at you for it?.. how about you actually care? how about you actually sit back.. think about it.. and actually have a bit of remorse? instead of trying to insult me for being upset that you ruined an aspect of the movie for me and try to explain away how it doesnt matter?.. Not that anyone else hasnt read your post already.. but you could even care enough to go back and add A SPOILER WARNING.... just in case... that way you dont ruin it for more people.. other people may think im ridiculous and crazy for being like this.. but thats the online world.. you never know who your talking to really.. and you have to consider that some people (such as myself).. really look forward to going to the movies..

According to George Lucas...

"Lucas is currently preparing "Indiana Jones 4" with Harrison Ford, Blanchett and Shia LaBoeuf. The latter plays Ford's son, which means his mother was possibly the character Karen Allen played in "Raiders of the Lost Ark."

"I can't say," Lucas said when I brought up Allen.

Lucas says that Sean Connery still hasn't signed on, but his character, Indy's dad, is in the script. Other than that, his lips are sealed.

"Steven thinks we can keep the whole thing a secret," Lucas told me. "I explained to him that it's impossible nowadays. We can't live like that."

So then, tell me more about "Indy 4," I suggested.

"Oh no," replied Lucas with a smile.

Lucas told me he has seen all the summer movies since his company, Industrial Light and Magic, does most of the special effects. The only one they didn't work on was "Spider-Man 3." What did he think of it?

"It's silly. It's a silly movie," he said. "There just isn't much there. Once you take it all apart, there's not much story, is there?"

Well, it's not "Star Wars."

"People thought 'Star Wars' was silly, too," he added, with a wink. "But it wasn't."

Lucas, by the way, says he is readying "Clone Wars," an animated series for TV that's derived from "Star Wars." Many "Star Wars" characters appear in "Clone Wars," but voiced by other actors.

And here's a little news: Lucas tells me he will make two more live-action films based in the "Star Wars" era.

"But they won't have members of the Skywalker family as characters," he said. "They will be other people of that milieu."

The two extra films will also be made for TV and probably be an hour long each. But, like "Clone Wars," Lucas doesn't know where on TV they will land.

Hello, HBO and Showtime. It may be time to pony up."

*** Spider Man 3 sillier than Revenge of the Sith?***

*** Death of two franchises... Star Wars and Indy Jones to be beaten to within an inch of death...***

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,270874,00.html

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Im nervous. While I am dying to see Indy 4, espicially with Ford and (possibly) Connery returning, Im still a little skeptical since its been so long since the third. Only time shall tell.

My Website

I agree with you Rob.. it seems as though another perfectly good series of films may be ruined pretty soon........ god i hope not.. i hope its everything we are dying for it to be... well maybe not everything.. :roll:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

I bought that movie years ago because it was $5.50 at Walmart, and it looked good. I remember it being really bad and cheesy like you said.

My Website