Movies

Darth_Rob

This is a human Bond and not the robot-like, unemotional superhuman typical of all most, if not all the previous movies.

I tend to be a Roger Moore bond fan myself, I think he is Bond. He's the white brother driving an impala, doing a 360, and not spilling his orange soda. Undercover Brother pun

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Blades of Glory over the weekend. It was quite hilarious. Like I always say, there are very few movies that are funny enough to make you laugh many times outloud in the middle of the theatre, but this was one of them. The duo of Will Ferrill and Jon Heder (my hero since Napoleon Dynamite) worked quite well together. I highly recommend it for a good laugh fest.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Gah! I want to see 300 so bad!!!! Unfortunately the thing is rated R, so I have to get a friend who's seventeen or older to buy me a ticket. Either that or hope that my friend who works at the theater didn't get fired when he didn't show up over Spring Break and can let me into the theater for 300 when I have a ticket for another movie...

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Ya 300 was the best movie Ive seen this year. Though I feel Spidey 3 may bump that down to the number 2 slot. Until Pirates of the Caribbean comes out. And then until Simpsons and Harry Potter and Fantastic 4 and Transformers and...

Its a blockbuster movie year, that's all I know! I'm gonna go broke. But Im most excited for Spidey and The Simpsons!!!

My Website

Im pretty sure he still is. He did such a good job with the first two that I dont see why he wouldn't be back. But I recently saw the newer trailer which finally shows Venom, and he looks real kick-ass. I almost peed my pants when I saw it. Actually, I was the trailer when I saw 300, so theres another reason to see that awesome movie!

My Website

Gah! I want to see 300 so bad!!!! Unfortunately the thing is rated R, so I have to get a friend who's seventeen or older to buy me a ticket. Either that or hope that my friend who works at the theater didn't get fired when he didn't show up over Spring Break and can let me into the theater for 300 when I have a ticket for another movie...

Tofu.. Your mom wont take you? :lol: Sorry... not to laugh at you.. but it is so nostalgic asking that... anyway.. truely... she wont? or your dad?.. either way man.. *I dont condone these actions* (a little CYA, as a coworker put it).. buy a ticket for "Meet the Robinsons", get it torn, go get a popcorn, pretend to be looking at the movie posters and walk in to tge theater showing 300.. noone will notice.. or care really.. you dont need your friend to be working there... unless they are checking ID's at the door.. like they have for some other movies... then you're hosed...

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

They usually only check IDs in front of the theatre itself for the opening weekend of a film. After that, you can just do what JH said. 300 has been out for awhile, so you should be fine.

My Website

Unfortunately I have some other friends who work there who are jackasses sometimes... And no, no way in hell would my folks take me to something rated R, and no way in hell would I see it with 'em. I might see it on Friday (tommorow) since I'll be with some friends, though one of them will be seeing it for the third time...

Edit: Okay, so I finally saw 300 today, and all I can say is OMFFSM that was awesome! I was totally expecting it to be pointless violence and boss monsters the movie, but it wasn't! In the end it was actually kind of moving, and the fighting and the action and the plot and... ARRRGH! It was spectacular! *Does a heel click* FSM I loved it!

12/14/07

I went to go see the hills have eyes two on thursday night.. that movie really really sucked.. the first one was awesome though.. thats why i was motivated to the second.. anyway.. it was so bad.. just to feel good as i was leaving the movie theaters in total disappointment at 11:55 PM.. i peered into the theater showing 300 just in time to catch the persian "immortals" and their mutant in battle.... and i felt good.. hahaha.. im considering going to see that movie a fourth time... lol

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

I enjoyed the first Hills Have Eyes, but it was one of those movies where a sequel was just a bad idea, thus I boycotted it.

Now I am trying to persuade my girlfriend to see Pathfinder this weekend.

My Website

Pathfinder is about some Viking warriors who come to North America, pillage the Native Americans, and leave behind one of their children who is raised by the Native Americans. Then one day when he is grown up, the Vikings return to plunder again, and the guy fights back against them. Looks fairly neat and gory.

My Website

Gore... Hehe- you know you're a nerd when you go to, say, 300, watch one of the characters get beheaded, and go "Hey! There's a jugular vein in his neck! He should be spurting blood like a fountain! A bloody fountain, I tell you!"

12/14/07

I thought I'd said that I had? Yes, Rob, I finally saw it. I'm pretty sure I actually skipped back from the theater it was that good. People gave me funny looks when I did that, especially since I was crossing the street in heavy traffic... :roll::lol::wink:

12/14/07