Star Wars Rebellion - x64 Installer (Beta 4)

budious

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, agreed. BTW, I followed the instructions to the T, and I got it working. I am running windows 7 on a retina macbook pro btw and so far so good... it seem to work flawlessly. Gonna probably play one medium game standard game, then I'll try using Rebedit and start adding cards (Like Mara Jade who has to be in the starwars universe...)

Also, I'm sorta nervous about the upcoming star wars trilogy, especially because it will retcon a lot of the expanded universe. I mean, sure, it was getting pretty weird, but everything up until right before the Yuzhann Vong was pretty sweet (especially Michael A. Stackpole's X-wing... I heart Corran and Tycho and Wedge and Oorl or however u spell his name)

I actually liked the Vong series. It really shook up the universe. Major characters dying, major shifts in power, alliances changing; you know, interesting things. Not many of those novels ended like a TV episode (where stuff happens but in the end, nothing changes).

After the Vong series though... I feel like they are really struggling to provide antagonists. There just aren't any bad guys anymore. Clones? Been there, done that. In all possible permutations. Extra-galactic race of warlike aliens? Check. Clone armies? Yep. Instant Sith armies, using any number of mystical forces to turn non-Sith into force users? Already done. Crazy warlord splinter groups? Done. The Empire? They joined the Republic. Mysterious Sith, returning from exile? Mysterious machine capable of creating entire war fleets? Mandalorians? What's left to do? Uh... let's have a good guy turn into a bad guy! Lame.

That's probably why they jumped ahead a few hundred years, pretended that everything went to pot for no apparent reason, got rid of the Jedi (without much explanation), and gave us Cade Skywalker. I hate plot holes.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

That's true, the Vong is certainly not as bad as the stuff after it... and I'm sorta digging the whole Cade Skywalker stuff but I'd love to learn more of what happened inbetween.

I guess it just really broke my heart how Anakin Jr. bites the dust and all. And it always just seems that whenever they finally get their act together, something "new" comes along and shakes everything up. In terms of shaking things up, though, I agree that the Vong were the most satisfying indeed. And RA Salvatore launched them and I love that dude (Icewind dale ftw).

Also, I always had trouble with people outside of the galaxy not being affected by the Force. I mean, I understand that leads to some very unique challenges and conflicts, but it also kills my whole "Star Wars Fantasy World View."

I liked the 1st Knights of the Old Republic storyline (2 is meh imho, but the gameplay was cool)

I don't have a problem with Cade. Just the plot holes that don't explain anything in the universe in which he lives. Similar to my problem with technology in the Old Republic era games and books; lightsabers haven't changed in how many thousands of years? In the KotOR games, you can get personal shield generators and personal cloaking devices. Why don't those exist thousands of years later, or are only used as gameplay mechanics in the games? Why are the ships essentially the same? Fortunately, the gameplay is good enough that I just pretend the other holes aren't there, but I struggle to do that with books. (You are right, though; the first KotOR storyline was great.)

I agree, the Force not affecting extra-galactic species doesn't make much sense from how we thought it worked. Still not sure how I feel about it, but it did make for interesting encounters. And Salvatore is awesome.

For setting... I'd like to see a time before. As in, before the Old Republic. Before any galaxy-spanning republic. Star Wars has lightsabers, but Star Wars is not lightsabers. Star Wars is the Force. Why not show a time with projectile weapons, swords, and different ship technology? Where Force-users trained in different techniques, and where traveling from planet to planet actually takes time? Where information cannot be sent instantaneously across the galaxy? Show the founding of a Force-sensitive group that blurs Sith teachings of strength with Jedi teachings of harmony. Or jump ahead. Show us a group sent back to the Vong home galaxy. Show us transporters, nanotech, armor that actually works, invisible lightsaber blades, or play off the light-whip idea. Show us something NEW.

Sorry about my frustration. Its the Star Wars nerd inside of me violently clashing with the author inside of me.

• SWR Staff - Executive
Dawn of the Jedi actually shows the beginnings of the Jedaii: where the Light and the Dark side are balanced, the lack of lightsabers (until Rakatan technology shows up). There's still hyperspace, but I think if you're talking real-space travel.. it'd be really hard to show. Because Star Wars is largely about a galactic civilization, watching generations upon generations being bored on a ship isn't going to happen :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Y'know... about a year or so before the dawn of the Jedi came out, I was actually thinking about how there wasn't a definitive origin story about the Jedi. I saw the cover of this at my local Barnes and Nobles and saw a girl wielding like a solid sword, and not a light saber. I'm a bit dubious about reading it but I know at some point, I'm sure I will.

I completely agree that there are some interesting tech that appears thousands of years ago that seem as advanced or more advanced than what happened in the OG trilogy. There are plot hole galore from Leia remember how her mother looked like as an infant (very dubious as most if not all kids have no memory from before they were 3, let alone right after birth) to how Obi-Wan was trained by Yoda when talking to Luke, but never mentioning his fatherly Qui-Gon.

I just try and turn off the logical side and just enjoy the ride most of the time... hahahaha. I would love to find out some Jedi Origins though, but the expanded universe is becoming more dubious w/ this upcoming trilogy. What's gonna happen to Mara Jade and Wedge and the Solo twins, Anakin, Ben Skywalker, Bill Dee Williams/Lando Calrissian?!?

Holy guacamole Batman, three people looking for this file in two days?

This isn't going to work. Can someone upload this thing to mediafire or something? Or better yet, hey Evaders. Want to put this up in the downloads somewhere?

Umm... make that another... got a sudden hankering to play a game I lost a LOT of my younger years to... only to find Win7 x64 can't run it.

Would be very grateful for a link to the file please! :)

• SWR Staff - Executive
I don't know if Dawn of the Jedi is much an origin story as it is a pre-pre-prequel story. There are obviously Jedi - force users - and there is the "evil" Empire - the Rakata.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Haha, I took at look at some Jedi Origin stuff on wookiepedia and it looks pretty appealing... it sounds like Early Jedi sought balance between light and dark. And near the beginning, it sounds like the light sided Jedi were jerks and were the instigators, being all high and mighty and pushing all the dark sided jedi/force users.

It's left to the wookiepedia writers, but I think I'm going to have to take a look at some of this lore and make up my own mind. Fascinating stuff though

Alright, since hella people are asking... I just decided to put the files that were sent to me on a google drive of one of my alternate e-mails. Plz don't haxxors me, but this is what was sent to me and it works! You'll need a decompresser like Winzip/7zip for this. Read the instructions on how to install from this website too. There is a readme w/ similar instructions, but I like the instructions on this forum way better!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6xkaqIKWAi-R2pTWHNDRG9lbDg/edit?usp=sharing

I guess summer is the season of nostalgia!

Its the season for me, too. Just re-installed TIE Fighter. :)

...and there is the "evil" Empire - the Rakata.

If the Rakata play into it, I will definitely read it. Their story always interested me. You know, the four or so times they are mentioned in video games and such. I think they must be mentioned in some of the Old Republic novels or something, but I haven't read too many of those. Its on my to-do list.

Alright, since hella people are asking... I just decided to put the files that were sent to me on a google drive of one of my alternate e-mails. Plz don't haxxors me

Thank you for doing that, mate.

Edited by Master_Xan

You started it all Master Xan... I gotta say, in terms of Star Wars video games, Tie Fighter was definitely the one that really hooked me... I mean, I tried the other ones, but I sucked so bad cuz I was too dumb/young to really know. When I somehow got my hands on Tie Fighter, that's right about the time I became a gamer. I love that game

You started it all Master Xan... I gotta say, in terms of Star Wars video games, Tie Fighter was definitely the one that really hooked me... I mean, I tried the other ones, but I sucked so bad cuz I was too dumb/young to really know. When I somehow got my hands on Tie Fighter, that's right about the time I became a gamer. I love that game

It is one of my favorites. I'm looking forward to replaying it... this time, with a joy stick! Didn't have one before.

Haha... I played it back in the day w/ this crappy little joystick my dad got for some WW2 flying game (like, this thing was basically just a black metal shaft and two buttons... like atari status). Now that I wanna give x-wing and tie-fighter a whirl via DOSBOX, I have no joystick and I might just hafta go keyboard and mouse... however that will work, lol