Star Wars Rebellion - x64 Installer (Beta 4)

budious

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! Been gone a few days. Check your emails. Gmail gets a bit funky forwarding large files, if a piece doesn't work right or was not received, let me know to resend.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Hi Budious, Hope you're still checking this post! Can't seem to follow instructions on first page, a few broken links. Would it be possible to email the installer to me (kevin.woodward@blueyonder.co.uk).

Glad that someone with the know how has been working to keep it in line with the new O/S(s) - Really enjoyed playing this game and haven't been able to play it in years since XP64 upgrade. Really hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks again.

Check your inbox kevin! Maybe one day I'll through together a new version with the vista 32-bit fix incorporated. Someday... :lol:

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

Budious my friend - you are a living legend! Excellent installer, simple to use, quick to download, and problem free - save one....

I quickly scoured the post to see if anyone has ran into this - apologies if its been covered before, but i'll add my expereince incase anyone runs into the same prob.

I am using the UK version (which as I'm sure you all know was called 'Supremacy'). Using Budious's fine knowledge of registry editing (found back on page 1 of this same post) I was able to surmise that the following two keys needed to be changed:

To quote Budious's post:

2) Locate the branch for your operating system.

Win32 - [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion]

x64 - [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion] NB: Have only tried this OS

3) Right-click the key and select "Modify" for each of the following keys to modify the CD-Rom drive letters: "DllLocation"="D:\Rebellion" - Change this to "D:\Supremacy"

"TooBigLocation"="D:\Rebellion" - Change this to "D:\Supremacy"

It seems to be working so far - I haven't really played for more than 10 mins, so will let you know if any probs. Otherwise I shall be happily playing for a good long while!

Budious - Thankyouthankyouthankyou! (again)

Ah, good catch there. The thought to take "Supremacy" into account never crossed my mind. Thanks for being adept and providing your own solution for other users!

• 1 month later...

Getting rebellion to work on Vista x64 was easy, you just need to have a copy of XP x64 lying around. Then, you copy the d3drm.dll file from your XP x64 system to your Vista x64 system. The file can be found in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder, and should be moved from that location on XP x64 to the same location on Vista x64. After doing that, rebellion (and most DirectX 8 and under games for that matter) works.

I can't post this file on the forum, but feel free to download it from here on my personal webserver:

[Link removed]

This link will be valid for a few days, after that I am going to have to remove it. Please host it somewhere on your forum if possible.

EDIT: Actually, the d3drm.dll you posted in the first post works too! For that reason I am removing my link... Just copy the d3drm.dll file meant for vista 32-bit from the top of this post people, and throw it in your C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder on your Vista 64-bit computer. After that, rebellion will run like a charm!

Hope this helped some people.

Good to know. The only time I used x64 Vista was in late beta before release. I tried the exact method you did of using files from XP x64 and it would not work at the time. It may have been that the video drivers would not support it at that time. Thanks for verifying that it now works in any case :)

If you don't mind, let me know the following.

What video chipset are you using?

Which driver version are you using for the above chipset?

I'm using a Radeon X1900, with the latest Catalyst 7.6 drivers.

Mind you, Vista video performance sucks badly... I'm almost regretting upgrading. That said, rebellion works great.

Ok, I will have to retest this again. My attempts were made with 7800 GS and the early nvidia drivers and didn't work. I agree about Vista performance being crap, I have the x86 version for my laptop and the frame rates on my 7800 GTX GO are below what they were under XP.

I have a new package up, this kind of picks this project up and carries it in a new direction.

Rebellion Refreshed and Reloaded Ultimate Package (x86/x64)

http://www.swrebellion.com/forums/postt3937.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully these links will work for a while, tell me if they go down.

Rebellion x64 Installer

Download Mirrors

Part 1/7

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/9bc6eb4440_9.54MB

Part 2/7

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/f155dbce50_9.54MB

Part 3/7

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/53e50fac78_9.54MB

Part 4/7

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/e48af5fb53_9.54MB

Part 5/7

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/05dad45985_9.54MB

Part 6/7

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/de7681c3b3_9.54MB

Part 7/7

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/79f5c1acda_9.5MB

• 2 weeks later...
thank you my freind i salute you

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/Darth_Syn/200px-Mandaloreultimate2.jpghttp://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p277/Crushedfeather/MandalorianSkull.jpg

92% of peapol listen ©rap these days if you are part of the 8% still listen to to real music ad this as part of you signiture

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I seem to have lost the last builds of this I was working on, I had an earlier broken build around but not nearly as functional as the deemed "Beta 4" but I believe the manual hacking of the registry and keys is posted throughout numerous threads I've made on these forums over the years. Think perhaps if you look in the Reloaded forum by posts started by budious you might find what you are looking for if you are adventurous. Playing in the registry is like playing in a minefield so follow the directions. ;)

If you have Windows 7, for the love of God, just install XP compatibility mode! - I haven't actually tested that yet but if you do please post back your findings.

For future reference, it does appear to work under Windows 7's XP compatibility as documented by the following thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27606

Enjoy your second lease on life Rebellion!

Btw Bud, I have a Rapidshare Premium account so I can host the files for you if you wish.

I'll keep it in mind if there is anything useful still in my possession or if I take the initiative to salvage any of my past work. That aside, most of my findings appear to be well documented in swrebellion wiki and throughout posts on these forums.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yzmdiw2njzm/Reb_Refresh_Package_Beta1.1.zip

If anyone has permanent hosting for this file, I'm sure the free host won't last long. Reply with a mirror if you do so.

Instructions included in package were to install Rebellion and Reloaded side by side. The instructions provided here are for installing Rebellion only:

Windows x64 (64-bit)

- Open the Star Wars Rebellion cd in explorer.

- Copy everything from D:\Rebellion to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion

- Create the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\SaveGame

- Copy REBEXE.EXE to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion, Click Yes to replace.

- (Vista users only) Copy the d3drm.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion

- Update your Rebellion desktop icon properties to use the new icon included in REBEXE.EXE (1.02)

- Right-Click on the file Rebellion_x64.reg and select the merge option.

- Copy the following text into notepad and save the file as Rebellion_x64.reg, right-click the file icon and perform Merge.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion]

"DisplayOpts"=dword:13110100

"MusicVolume"=dword:000002bc

"Volume"=dword:000002de

"EncyLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\EData"

"EXEPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\REBEXE.EXE"

"TooBigLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"DllLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"DataLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"InstalledLocation"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion\Version]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\DirectPlay\Applications\Star Wars Rebellion]

"CommandLine"=""

"GUID"="{015962A0-F183-11d1-B390-006008B0AB18}"

"File"="REBEXE.EXE"

"Path"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

"CurrentDirectory"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\"

Windows x86 (32-bit)

- Run the Star Wars Rebellion cd and select the "Install" option. Select the Maximum option.

- Open the Star Wars Rebellion cd in explorer and copy the Rebellion\MData folder to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\MDATA

- Open the Star Wars Rebellion cd in explorer and copy all Rebellio\*.dll files to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion

- Copy REBEXE.EXE to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion, Click Yes to replace.

- (Vista users only) Copy the d3drm.dll to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion

- Update your Rebellion desktop icon properties to use the new icon included in REBEXE.EXE (1.02)

- Copy the following text into notepad and save the file as Rebellion_x86.reg, right-click the file icon and perform Merge.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion]

"InstalledLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion"

"DataLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion"

"DllLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion"

"TooBigLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion"

"EXEPath"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\REBEXE.EXE"

"EncyLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\Star Wars Rebellion\\EData"

"MusicVolume"=dword:000002bc

"Volume"=dword:000002bc

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars Rebellion\Version]

Edited by budious

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yzmdiw2nj ... eta1.1.zip

If anyone has permanent hosting for this file, I'm sure the free host won't last long. Reply with a mirror if you do so.

Instructions included in package were to install Rebellion and Reloaded side by side. The instructions provided here are for installing Rebellion only:

Windows x64 (64-bit)

- Open the Star Wars Rebellion cd in explorer.

- Copy everything from D:\Rebellion to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion

- Copy REBEXE.EXE to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion, Click Yes to replace.

- (Vista users only) Copy the d3drm.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion

- Right-Click on the file Rebellion_x64.reg and select the merge option.

Hello. Trying to access the file download at the above link to get Rebellion working on my Vista 64-bit computer, but it seems the file is not downloading for whatever reason. I have registered with Mediafire, but when I click the link to "Save to My Account," nothing happens and I can't download it. Any ideas, or any place else I can download this at?

Thanks.