Alien Life

Darth_Rob

Guest Scathane

Well, I guess then, that you take a rather hitchhikerish view to humanity, in which case, I can agree. In support of your view, I could argue that humanity is pretty stupid in the sense that we're "sawing off the branch which we sit on ourselves"...

I don't know the English equivalent of the saying...

Edited by Scathane

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking of reasons why humanity is stupid while recovering from a calculus test. The fact that we can grasp the concept of calculus shows that we're not stupid. Not to say that we don't do stupid things, but we're far from morons. I suppose you could say that we've paid so much attention to higher, abstract problems and thinking that we've neglected to solve the immediate problems such as hunger, war, etc. Of course that just means we have serious priority problems, and I dont think thats enough to condemn a race.
Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

It's all about the weakness of man. Humans tend to be greedy, and concentrate on personal gain and material things. But I do think that we are intelligent.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

The more time I spend around people, the more certain I become that, as a whole, the human race is stupid. Granted there are exceptions, but for the most part they are few and far between. The time I spent living in the Flatlands of Illinois convinced me that there is no hope left for this misserable planet. That's why Q-Branch was built in the moon.
I can understand that, but what specific kind of actions or words are responsible for drawing your conclusion? In what sense is the human race stupid?

Well... looking at the human race as a whole... you can see that we are disordered, inefficient, feeble, cold hearted, and completely lost… So saying that the human race in stupid... is just kinda putting it in laymen's terms. The only reason that we have come so far is that every once in a while there is a smart person... tho few... most people can attain an average intelligence, but few really put it to use all the time... they only use it when it is necessary to get by.. like in school... but people lack common sense that they should be thinking all the time... hence why people commit acts of stupidity... that’s why I'm going to have to agree with Mitth... the human race is stupid.

People think I have the mind of a child.... well.. there right, it's at home on my desk in a jar

well... looking at the human race as a whole... you can see that we are disordered, inefficient, feeble, cold hearted, and completely lost… So saying that the human race in stupid... is just kinda putting it in laymen's terms. The only reason that we have come so far is that every once in a while there is a smart person... tho few... most people can attain an average intelligence, but few really put it to use all the time... they only use it when it is necessary to get by.. like in school... but people lack common sense that they should be thinking all the time... hence why people commit acts of stupidity... that’s why I'm going to have to agree with Mitth... the human race is stupid.

When the F*** did you turn philosophical on me Evo??? You were never like that back in the day...

WOA!!!!

8O8O8O8O8O8O hold on a sec... I can't believe I even came up with that.... it just kinda popped into my head.

People think I have the mind of a child.... well.. there right, it's at home on my desk in a jar

Well now we can get into a paradox, here. If Toguroani was correct then that would make Mitth and Evo wrong, by default making them stupid, and them being part of the human race that makes college students stupid, making the majority of the planet stupid, making them right Toguroani wrong which means that their smart which means Toguroani is right and...

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

And.... you lost me... By saying we are wrong... we are stupid... but in saying that, we are now right? Woa! 8O8O I might actually be right for once.

Though by default if you are right your wrong, making yourself right again and going on and on infinately... Kind of like the "Everything you say is a lie" "What you say is true" paradox.

12/14/07

Guest Scathane
Of course you could argue that, thinking along the lines of the way we deal with life around us, we're stupid... Then again, if giraffes had evolved to our standard, there probably wouldn't be any trees around with low growth... Edited by Scathane

And.... you lost me... By saying we are wrong... we are stupid... but in saying that, we are now right? Woa! 8O8O I might actually be right for once.

Alright Evo, here you go. ATA says the human race is intelligent. If he's right, that makes us wrong. Tofu thinks that you can't be wrong and intelligent at the same time. SO, by Tofu's own logic that makes HIM stupid, bc an intelligent person CAN be wrong. Now that you know that you know that you can ignore the rest of Tofu's post.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Ahh........ I see... not really but yea... I think i get the drift of it..... wait... am I calling myself stupid? 8O8O8O8O Ahh crap!

Guest Scathane
Anyway, I think I know what you mean, Mitth, but I feel you can't argue that humans as a species are more stupid than other species....

I NEVER said they were more stupid than another species. In fact I never said anything about any other species. I've only expressed my opinion that the human race, or at least those parts of it that are on this rock, are stupid. Nothing more, nothing less.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Guest Scathane
I NEVER said they were more stupid than another species. In fact I never said anything about any other species. I've only expressed my opinion that the human race, or at least those parts of it that are on this rock, are stupid. Nothing more, nothing less.
Agreed... But stupid as compared to what, then? :? If something or someone is stupid, then certainly there must be some form of 'intelligence' for it to be compared to? Otherwise, the word stupid would cease to have any meaning... :roll:

Yes, the intelligence of my home planet. Have you guys all missed every single hint that I've given to you??????

Of course we have, because we're stupid as compared to your home planet which only a stupid individual would miss and- Hey, another paradox! Woo hoo!

12/14/07

I never once said I missed it. It'd be nice to see some of the intelligence that was there displayed here, but I don't expect it anymore.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Guest Scathane
I never once said I missed it. It'd be nice to see some of the intelligence that was there displayed here, but I don't expect it anymore.
We would like to see some of that intelligence as well, since you seem to be lacking it... :twisted: Can't you phone home and ask if they send someone else? :lol:

http://www.Darwinawards.com as well as Bill Engval's Here's Your Sign bits are the only ones I'm coming up w/ at the moment. Part of that is probably because my brain is pretty well fried from the calc test I took tonight. I'll edit this if/when I think of more examples.

I fail to see how dozens, even hundreds, of examples can be expanded to say that an entire species composed of several billion individuals is stupid. :P

Disclaimer: I skimmed the rest of the thread.

If you want more examples, go to Abingdon IL. It's a town of about 3600. There you will find about 3400 examples of just how stupid the human race can be.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"