Alien Life

Darth_Rob

No way man. If you believe there is intelligent life, then you also have to give in to the possibility that they MAY be hostile. I was being a little dramatic with the whole "death ray" thing, but its still true...we have to be ready in case such an invasion ever occured.

And as for the whole canabalism thing, I try to avoid eating red meat... :lol:

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the thing- I don't know who it was by or where I got it, but I remembered reading some futuristic novels where mankind was being attacked by aliens and were almost whiped out, and throughout the story you think that the aliens initiated hostilities when it was really Earth being overly cautious. or something like that. There was also some Arthur C. Clarke one or another with alien invaders that are winning when the humans turn some giant de-evolution ray on their home planet, resulting with the planet Earth as it is now.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

No, remember, we lost the space race with Russia but we made it to the moon before them-...

I'm still not buying that they got there. :? Anyway China has the most serious space program these days, the Europeans are aiming for the moon, but that's on the long run. And NASA... what's doing NASA these days anyway. They have to rethink much of their space program considering that their spaceshuttles are nearly obsolete.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Food for thought, but the first George Bush sort of quietened down on his 'off to Mars,' vision when it was pointed out to him (at the time) it would cost $450 Trillion and most probably result in the deaths of the crew; their DNA being torn apart by radiation...

As for the moon, Trej; I don't harbour doubts, and don't really see any need to do so. To many people involved, and thus to many hands on hands that have mouths to keep quiet all these years. All the science i've read makes it having being perfectly plausable, rather expencive, and ultimately rather pointless other than a symbolic victory or sorts over an empire of dictatorship and evil, at the time seriously threatening the freedom of the world.

Also; what's the moon rock not least in British museums scientists, completely unrelated to the program, have analyzed, and sort of confirmed as coming from the moon? :roll:

This isn't related to you my friend, but in the broader term I can't stand any of this conspiricy crap; from Area 51 to the moon landings, to Jews being exterminated by the Third Reich...

I'll end there, not on a percieved dramatic point, but because I am a bit borked:*

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TwDrAiEZIBxUxvaRP15cjvJaDCllsfR9K4SGW4sEGKhsiIMyV9uydVJaljN8M9h2U476A2ut8iuUTVmlGhUroMybojgn18qIAa15K6sUyQaswwFhCJAjhg/stoatexperiment8fb.gif

*Plus cat is tredding on keyboard because I haven't fed him for err, an extended, otherwise, overlooked period of time.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

While space is important, I think we should focus on the problems here on Earth before we make problems in space...

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

HOLY CRAP! I have proof that there are aliens out there and that I was abducted just the previous night! This morning when I woke up I yawned, looked at the clock, went back to sleep, and repeated this until it was about 8:30. Then I got out of bed and looked at my ankle, and lo and behold- there was a sticker on it! On the sticker was written "Q. C. Passed", with "Passed" Beneath the letters Q. C. Its written in blue letters on a white background. Proof of aliens doing Quality Control on humans! Proof that they abducted me and speak English! Okay, so maybe it doesn't proove of aliens, but the thing was frigging straight up and down, parllel to the ground, and when I pealed it off the thing was like a fresh band aid, and it had no hairs on it other than my own. 8O How weird is that? Maybe burglers came in the night and put the sticker on me or something?

12/14/07

What were you drinking last night!?! i want to try some!!!

All I had was red bull...

Audiance: How many?

Just thirty-seven.

NCIS rocks... But I think I may have solved the great mystery- see, I was lying on the couch eating Oreos, and now the quality control sticker is gone... Still, what are the odds that it would wind up being straight up and down on my ancle? 8O

12/14/07

I just can't resist telling this. :)

This one time when I was driving home from college classes. (It was about 8pm in winter and no moon out so it was crazy dark.) I saw what I though to be a jet at high altitude.

I've seen lots of jets and planes at night because the way I drive home is not too far off one of the approach corridors for Ottawa Internation Airport. I was driving roughly west when I saw the point of light up in the sky not quite straight up. It was headed west/southwest and looked to be descending, but it was moving way too fast to be a jet. I thought then that it might be a small meteor but there was no re-entry trail like on others I've seen over the years.

I got off at the next freeway exit to see if any more of them would appear but no luck. I got sick of waiting in the cold (it was -15C) and went home.

I still have no idea what it was. I considered that it might have been a satellite until I remembered that things put up into orbit go the other way arround the planet. :roll:

Not really Alien life related but Unidentified. Flying. Object. related. :D

EDIT: You're only supposed to have a maximum of 2 Redbull every 24 hours! 8O

Hense the massive red bull hangover.... Seriously- nobody saw that episode of NCIS?

I had a similar encounter. It was pretty late (About 9:00... On a bloody Thursday night with 2 and a half god damned hours before we finally got back to school to try to do our homework really fast so we could go to bed by 1:00 in the morning and get up for school at 7:00 AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and we were, as I have mentioned, driving home from an away football game in a slow bus with no air. (By 'we' that entails the marching band)

Anyway, as we're going along, I notice this strange light flashing on the trees. Periodically it follows the bus, stoping with us at red lights, and following us at full speed. I'm starting to get freaked out when a semi goes by, and on that semi is what looks like a screaming face. I turn around to ook out the back at the semi, and already its gone. I'm starting to get kinda freaked out when suddenly I realize that we're moving really fast, so that semi could very easily have passed. I also suddenly realised that the strange light flashing on the trees was coming from a strobe attached to the top of the bus that was meant to make it more visible. For some reason all of my close encounters usually wind up having logical explanations... Clearly the government is intervening!

12/14/07

Hmm, were you anywhere near CSIS or the Ministry of Defence Defender :lol:?

I think most of what people see can be easily explained. Somethings might have a logical answer but we simply don't have enough details to allow us to come to that answer

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I think the main CSIS sensor stations are off to the North West and there's National Defense bases in the same direction, and off to the South East.

To the South West where this was headed it's basically 'in the sticks' in that there are only a few small towns till you reach Toronto in that direction.

It looked like it was decelerating but if it was a satelite in orbit it could have just looked like that from it's orbit curve.

Does anyone know about orbits going against the Earth's direction of rotation?

(Even if it was a Pole-to-Pole orbit that would still put it heading too far west. :? *Is stumped* )

Satellites going against the rotation of the earth do exist, but most of them are recon satellites due to the extra expense of launching a satellite with that orbit.

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Certainty will only be gained upon first contact and until then there shall always be reports of UFOs. Some of them may be genuine (but try prooving it) and the others can be explained in some logical way.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Its just the people from Roswell's family arriving... Jeese, guys, it isn't that big of a deal! Anyway, I might have a solution- this is assuming that it was colored in some way. Sometimes there are phenomenon sort of like the Northern Lights that will spontaneously take place in some places in the world. Gases in the atmosphere will ignite or be hit by light at an angle, or something like that, and can creat what appears to be a strange light or ship. Though if it was ridiculously small looking, I have no answers for you. And I was kidding about the Roswell thing, before anyone get's on my case. :D Keep a lookout for more UFOs, Defender! 8O

12/14/07

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Scathane

I realize that the last post in this topic was quite some time ago. However, since I missed out on most of the fun, I decided to post a reply anyway...

Have any of you considered that there may be a substantial chance that we are unable to recognize alien life if we encountered it, let alone make any well-founded judgement on whether 'they' are intelligent? :roll:

That is a very good point Scath. They could be right here, right now, under our noses, and we wouldn't know any better. Maybe they can disguise themselves as anything. Maybe they can become invisible to the human eye. Or maybe some fauna or flora species on Earth are really from another planet. And then again, if there is other life on other planets, what's to say that they have intelligence? There can be a planet out there loaded with nothing but bacteria and paramecium and whatnot. I still do believe that there are other planets in the universe that have life thriving on them. It's just a matter of waiting to see if we get there first, or if they come here. But regardless of it all, we will find proof of other life. Then, and only then, will there be peace on Earth, as everyone ceases to see themselves as "caucasian", "Spanish", and "Jewish", and understands that we are all just human (or Earthling, if you prefer).

My Website

I prefer the term "Teran" (I have no idea who came up with this, but I like it better than all those Earth labels from past sci-fi movies: i.e. Earther, human scum, etc).

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is a warning sign at the edge of our solar system "No intelligent life herein. Proceed at your own risk (Don't say we didn't warn you!)" :lol:

If there are (higher intelligence) aliens here on Earth, they must think this is the craziest and/or funniest and/or silliest plant in the quadrant. :D

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

• SWR Staff - Executive
Terra is another name for Earth, thus the people living on Terra would be Terrans :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is a warning sign at the edge of our solar system "No intelligent life herein. Proceed at your own risk

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e253/Jahled/trek.jpg

In reality, Spacefarers get to check-out his evilness with a neon glow.

Spock has a lot to answer for...

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is a warning sign at the edge of our solar system "No intelligent life herein. Proceed at your own risk (Don't say we didn't warn you!)" :lol:

I believe there may be other solar systems and galaxies beyond our own, that modern-day science has not been able to discover as of yet. But they will, in due time.

My Website