• Obi Wan Kenobi
    • Anakin Skywalker
    • Qui-Gon Jinn
    • Yoda
    • Mace Windu
    • Plo Koon
    • Adi Galia
    • Luke Skywalker

I think GL was just trying to make is sound mystical. "The one who will be really strong with the force" isn't as impressive as "will bring balance to".

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point, plus it's another pressure on Anakin, and yet one more choice made for him. He did not have a choice when it came to become a Jedi or not, he just had and become one role-model Jedi which he was not.
http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

But if you have the force, you don't and shouldn't have much of a choice. Anakin would be heaps worse if he hadn't been taken as a jedi because he could have used his powers without anyone moderating him

"Be at peace, for the force is my ally and I shall not let anything happen out of my contol."

-Barkoa

I don't think they would be as strong, and he would only be able to perform the most basic of force abilities, like moving things telekinetically (sp?), or maybe give people a mental push in the diraction he want.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

The Emperor still had help, in the form of the Holocron, and then through the teachings of the Sith. Had Vader not been tutored by the Jedi and then turned, he wouldn't have had the same strenght.

katarn wasn't self-trained, I think he had some training with Luke, but gave up the way of the Jedi. The game doesn't follow the plot line of the graphic novel exactley.

Kyle didn't have training as such, but much more guidance. I think Palpatine had the same situation. He didn't necessarily have a master as such as much as guidance from the holocron etc. He does have some mad skillz, so what I want to know is how noone ever found him out. Surely SOMEONE would have noticed a change in him!

"Be at peace, for the force is my ally and I shall not let anything happen out of my contol."

-Barkoa

The thing that sets Palpatine apart from the rest of the bad guys we see in movies is that he's got the power, ruthlessness and smarts, all rolled into one package. Vader was imposing and powerful, but he wasn't the smartest cookie. Heck, even Thrawn didn't have it all. Take away his troops and ships, and you've got a regular man. The Emperor could kill you no matter how the fight was sided.

To answer the question, no one discovered him because he had a plan. He knew that if there was any visable change in the way he acted he would never be allowed to rise to the position of Chancellor, so he played it cool and twisted the cause of the good guys to his own purposes. He avoided being discovered by the Jedi by not using the Force, and suppressing his presence there (we''ve seen that done in the books), and used other Jedi to do his dirty work. By the time his plan was clear, it was too late.

I'd like to learn more about his discovery of the holocron, how he grew so powerful in the force, and how he was turned to the dark side.

Maybe GL planns on contradicting the Database and have it so that Palpy was said master, and changed his idendtity to continue his planns for domination. Or, maybe he was just as they said, a Jedi master who was sucked in to Palpatines web, or Dooku's, and paid the ultimate price for it... or maybe he was Palpatines Master and was killed by his apprentice, since that's how the sith work.

EDIT:There, fixed. gninrom siht cixelsid m'I.

Edited by Grand_Admiral_Thrawn

Guest Scathane
Maybe GL planns on contradicting the Database and have it so that Palpy was said master, and changed his idendtity to continue his planns for domination. Or, maybe he was just as they said, a Jedi master who was sucked in to Palpatines web, or Dukoo's, and paid the ultimate price for it... or maybe he was Palpatines Master and was killed by his apprentice, since that's how the sith work.
Who's Dukoo?! :lol:

Qui-Gon is my favorite, because he's alot like me, he bucks the system, he tries different things, he goes his own way. By the way Qui-Gon is Syfo Dias.
The force is strong in my family. No, Luke, I am your father.

And how do you know that. That doesn't seem to fit, since why would Qui-Gon order a clone army?

Found this on the TCUSWE:

Sifo-Dyas

it was believed that this being - a Jedi Knight of small renown - placed the first order for the cloned soldiers developed by the Kaminoans for the Army of the Republic. The order was placed around the time of the Battle of Naboo, directly to Lama Su himself, despite the fact that Master Sifo-Dyas was supposedly dead at that time. The Kaminoans believed that Master Sifo-Dyas hand-picked Jango Fett to serve as the genetic basis for the clone army, admiring his bounty hunting skills, discpline, and incredible attention to details

Dyas was one of my favourite twists in Episode II. Why would a Jedi order a clone army? Better yet, how could he if he were dead?

Hopefully we get a nice answer to this rather than something simple or out of place.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Sifo-Dyas

... The Kaminoans believed that Master Sifo-Dyas hand-picked Jango Fett to serve as the genetic basis for the clone army, admiring his bounty hunting skills, discpline, and incredible attention to details

It was Dooku who did that, Dooku was the one who approached Jango in the moons, of who-knows-where and sent him to Kamino. So is Dooku Syfo-Dias?

Other said that the original script said Sydo-Dias... From Sydo-Dias to Sidious there isn't a great difference...

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif