• Obi Wan Kenobi
    • Anakin Skywalker
    • Qui-Gon Jinn
    • Yoda
    • Mace Windu
    • Plo Koon
    • Adi Galia
    • Luke Skywalker

That is all very interesting, but what does it have to do with the topic again? I'm amazed to see yoda ranking so high! I wonder if he'd have ranked so high before Ep II was released!! I actually found him rather annoying the original three movies!

"Be at peace, for the force is my ally and I shall not let anything happen out of my contol."

-Barkoa

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious? I admit he wouldn't have been my favorite before epII but after you see him fight how couldn't he be your favorite.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Yoda's fight in Ep II reaked of a bad Kun Fu movie. I prefer the standard way of dueling, not a green ball flying around that could probably give you a seizure if watched for too long

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I agree. i did find him annoying in the originals, but i did still prefer him that way. I wish theyd done more of a force battle and less fighting cause thats where his strength should really lie.

"Be at peace, for the force is my ally and I shall not let anything happen out of my contol."

-Barkoa

I found him rather endearing. he was like a grandfather. I personally preferred the original Yoda to the newer CG one.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Agreed, but in the original trilogy he talked too weird and seemed too puppet-like for me, even though that was probably the best they could do. Yes, though, he was definitely better in the originals.

-Barkoa

Honestly, with all the improvements in CG, I think ILM is doing a rather crappy job on some of their work. The space battles and the final battle in Ep II were good, but the stuff with the battle droids in Ep I, as well as Yoda and some of the stuff in the senate in Ep II, were amature at best. I think they need to stop relying on the SW name, and start to put out quality stuff. I for one would like to see Ep III win an oscar, since it is the last of the movies.

I liked the droids in Ep I and the rest of the CG. If you think you can do better (which I am not doubting) then tell me where I can peruse such genius! I would love to see some of your stuff. :D

-Barkoa

Alas, I've no skill in such things. Rather, I would compare ILM's work in the SW movies to other CG work from other movies. For example, the CG work in LotR is far better than that found in the SW movies. It may well have been done by ILM (Though I don't think so. I think it was an affiliate of Pixar. I only know it was a Canadian company), but no matter how you spin it, it was better. Even the work you find in some PC games is boardering on the high-quality stuff you see in movies. I just think that they've been slacking up until the clone battle in Ep II.

There are a lot of things stopping them from winning an oscar, though. First, the movies always come out in April or May, so they are after the Oscars and have to wait almost a full year 'till the next ones. By then, most people have forgotten about it for more recent releases. Then, there is the fact that it is a Sci-Fi movie. True LotR is fantasy, which is along the same lines, but it was based on a timless novel. Star Wars is geeky, and so no matter how good it is, the accademy will probably never give it a major oscar.

George would also have to get some better acting etc. The spec FX are probably the only thing i can think of that would earn them anything.

-Barkoa

Very true. I think Ep III has more potential than anyone will give it credit for. Although having too many CG characters will mean a lot less costumes. but that isn't the only area of potential.

-Barkoa

Guest Scathane
Have you got a phone number for easy jedi?
Sure: 0800-EASY JEDI! :lol:

I must say, by the way, that I feel there are quite some Jedi options missing in this poll... :(

Pity that we can't vote for the NJO jedis.

There are too many of them to vote for, and a lot of them were just bit parts.