• Obi Wan Kenobi
    • Anakin Skywalker
    • Qui-Gon Jinn
    • Yoda
    • Mace Windu
    • Plo Koon
    • Adi Galia
    • Luke Skywalker

Jedi are vital to the evolution of Star Wars. This is here to see which jedi ranks the highest (mainly ones from the movies).

"Be at peace, for the force is my ally and I shall not let anything happen out of my contol."

-Barkoa

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I found the prequels unsatisfying and the Jedi portrayed as hand-tied monks-turned-Generals, that are clouded by the Dark Side I'll stick to the original trilogy, Ben Kenobi in particular. And Corran Horn from the EU.
http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Now, to be honest I do not know how anyone could not pick the Count Dooku butt kicking, Jedi Training, wise, green little Jedi, Yoda. He is so awsome, from the way he talks to his flashy combos in a sword fight. Mine is easily, Yoda. :mrgreen:

In the Clone Wars series, I found Obi Wan to be very cool! But mine has always been Plo Koon! I don't really know why, but I like how the Dorians look especially with their masks. Also, in jedi power battles, he had a yellow saber, which was also very cool!

"Be at peace, for the force is my ally and I shall not let anything happen out of my contol."

-Barkoa

If Plo Koon is the one with that weird mask, then he's one of the ones I like. I won't say best one, but I like the exotic look of him and his race. The same would be true with me for that one that Jango shot off that balcony, as well as Kit Fisto and that weird chick who looks almost Twi'lek but with them stripy headtails. Again no rank of best or anything, just how they seem to me from how they look and act in battle I guess and what their race is.

I definitely enjoyed the Yoda/Dooku fight, but part of me wishes we could see more Jedi using their force abilities more, perhaps even some they could invent that we've never seen. While I've been happy with the saber duels, something in me wants to see those Jedi go nuts with their other abilities :)

Maybe Dooku will do something cool like use a fancy hand gesture and spontaneously make some troopers implode, that'd be sweet :)

edit: Oh yea, about sabers, it'd be nice to have seen other colored blades apart from blue and green (I just think its a technical crutch in the film making with Mace's as the exception...its probably easier to manipulate given that effects shots seem to work best with them with blue or green screens?)

Personally Mace Windu is the best jedi. mainly because he has wisdom but he also gets more involved than most of the other jedi masters. like in the clone wars Mace Windu is the leader and he is also the jedi that ends up killin Jingo Fet which I think makes him even cooler.

I chose Yoda - though Yoda from the original triligy. I really like Yoda then, more so than in Episode I and II. In the original triligy, he appeared far wiser, powerful and above all mysteries.

The old Yoda is undoubtably my favourite Jedi in the movies. EU, I tend to lean towards Kyle and Corran.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Jedi take away from the whole story, IMHO, and make every other inhabitant of the galaxy out to be inferior. They diminish the accomplishments of Joe Rebel and Sam Imperial. The prequels only reinforce that fact. I much prefer the OT where Jedi are rare. And the rarer, the better.

No vote from me. I abstain.

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

Jedi take away from the whole story, IMHO, and make every other inhabitant of the galaxy out to be inferior. They diminish the accomplishments of Joe Rebel and Sam Imperial. The prequels only reinforce that fact. I much prefer the OT where Jedi are rare. And the rarer, the better.

Well said, good sir, well said.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

My favrouite would have to be Luke. he doesn't go out of his way to pick a fight, but he's gotthe power to back him up if he has to. I think he was unfairly portrayed in the EU.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

My favrouite would have to be Luke. he doesn't go out of his way to pick a fight, but he's gotthe power to back him up if he has to. I think he was unfairly portrayed in the EU.

I would be for Luke too. Just that guy, named Mark Hamill simply ruined his character :)

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I don't know La_Forge, I think he pulled it off okay. I think his acting was not on par with say, Harrison Ford, but he did okay. Brought a few things to the character...

Luke was a good jedi but he did all he did with basiclly no training in lightsaber fighting and his use of the force was not that powerful untill the very end where he overcame Darth Vader through his love not his power.

In the first movie mark wasn't very good, in ESB he was much better, but not the greatest, in RoTJ, after his car accident, he was superb. I though that the caracter evolved in maturity throughoutthe movies. Plus, I can't think of any one else being Luke Skywalker. I mean, imagine Johnny Depp (sp?) or Ben Aflec. *SHUDDERS*. he certainly did better than he did in Corvette Summer :D .

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Corvette Summer as the movie he did after ANH. Can't remember hte plaot or anyting... had something to do wit ha Corvette. And between ESB and RotJ Mark had a car accident. Not sure how bad it was, though.

The accident wasn't too bad - though he got a scar on his face. After Luke has his bacta bath in ESB, you can see a scar on his face - which was from his car accident. I don't remember all the details about the accident either or its impact on the movie - I remember that Lucas added a scene to allow for Hamill's accident (I'm pretty sure it was either the bacta scene or the incedent with the Wampa - but I'm not sure :? ). Personally, I hardly even notice it in other shots! Infact, other than when Luke is told that Vader is his father - I don't notice it at all.

While on the topic of Wampas - here's something interesting from StarWars.com:

The shooting script of Empire included a wampa sub-plot that was ultimately edited out of the final film due to difficulties in shooting the creature. The Rebel's Echo Base was to be the victim of chronic wampa attacks, wherein sections of the ice caverns were infiltrated by wampas attracted to the tootling of R2-D2 and his fellow astromech droids. Eventually, the Rebels would figure out the reason for the mysterious attacks, and would even succeed in a capturing several of the beasts and putting them in pens with clearly marked warning labels affixed to the door.

These wampa attacks used a version of the creature suit with eerie silver eyes. The actor burdened with the heavy suit would suffer from heat exhaustion often, and the breakaway effects of the ice wall were not convincing. Though several of these scenes were attempted, none looked good enough to commit to the final film. The labeled doors are still visible in the released version of Empire. In fact, the trailer for Empire shows a scene cut from the film that hints at the wampa subplot. While Imperials are in pursuit of the fleeing Rebels, C-3PO would tear a label from the door. Not seen in the trailer were the pursuing snowtroopers who unwittingly storm the sealed chamber, only to be torn apart by an enraged snow creature.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

And people whp have played Shadows of the Empire may know that you can see the pens in the second level of the game. And me like an idiot i opened them. Their was frozen Dash all over the place.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance